Thread: Question about flag modding

golfthai's Avatar Libertus

Default Question about flag modding

Hello everyone I currently start working on a flag submod for Colonialism 1600AD. So I went to ask you some question about flag modding

1.How to make new war flag (regimental flag) and naval ensign

2.How to mod some pretty small flag such as portrait_flags Small flag hud flag?

3.after finish it how to make into .pack file?

That should enough for today
    Last edited by golfthai; December 07, 2017 at 08:51 AM.

Default Re: Question about flag modding

Opps wrong thread I mean for ETW not warhammer someone please move my thread please

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Thank you Frunk!

2 things you need for this is Pack File Manager and good ol' Gimp.

Making a new "flag" is just a waist of time it's better to replace an existing flag. Now i don't know what files are in this mod but i'm guessing there is an "ui.pack" or something similar. When you find it open it with pack file manager and go to "\flags\(the nation you want to change)\" there you will most likely find all flags concerning the nation but the war flag you're looking for is called "large.tga" so extract that to your desktop (right click on the file in pack file manager) and then start Gimp and open the file (large.tga) and now you can edit it with own colors or open a new picture in Gimp (that you found online or have made) and copy and paste it over the old one. Remember to keep the same dimension and same file name when saving (large.tga) and once you're done save it and overwrite the original "large.tga" that you have on your desktop.

Now there are different pack file managers that allowed different options but i use the 1.12 (which can be downloaded here) and that lets me choose "Replace file", so you open the same "ui.pack" or whatever it was called in the mod and go to the nation and find the "large.tga" and right click on the file and choose "Replace file" and then choose the "large.tga" on the desktop that you have modified and that's it, save it and start the game.
    This method goes for all flags in a nation except the main flag which is in another location, but still same method.

Hope you understand what i'm talking about.