Thread: Needing Help: Complexity of TWS2

Default Needing Help: Complexity of TWS2

Hello all, my first time here. Picked up TWS2 month or two ago. I've logged an insane amount of time (at least for me) and I'm at a conclusion for myself.

One being I feel like I do very well with the strategy of what I need to me doing on a turn by turn basis. My problem is that the TWS2 encyclopedia is trash, it does not explain to me enough.

I don't think I understand the buildings, unit types, abilities, and what they actually do and don't do and how to use each the most efficiently as possible.

If that's not enough here's my real problem, I get CRUSHED in battles. If I have 3000 men and the computer has 2000, 50% of the time I lose and this is if we both have equal quality units. I can almost always auto attack and lose less men which is a flipping joke.

To be honest I really only play on hard or very hard even from my very first game and this may be my problem ("may" = propably, definitely, assuredly) . My problem is it seems way too easy too early on but as I find out later on, if I get to turn 20 or 30 and if I haven't played a perfect the game..... I'm toast and there's really no reason to continue.

Another one of my critical faults is that I'm obsessed with that Hittori Clan and they seem to be the most expensive and hardest play. I play quite a few of the other clans, I really like almost all of them but it still remains the same with those as well, I am getting killed in battle.

I will say that this is the best strategy game and tactics game I have played in the my entire adult life. It being the type of game I love, it spurs on my already very critically thoughtful mind. It is really just what I need. That being coupled by the fact that I love Japanese culture, all things Samurai, and who doesn't want to be Ninja.? I can play this game hours and hours and never get tired of it, the only thing I get tired of is a perfectly good strategy going bad by not understanding the mechanics of the game and the mechanics of how to operate an army on the battlefield.

I'll end this post with some off-topic questions if someone doesn't mind answering those for me?

1. Would anyone be willing sonetime to have a small skirmish with me to tell me the good and bad of what I'm doing and not doing?
    2. Is there a better explanation of game mechanics other than the total war encyclopedia.? This refers to, for example, if my ninja sabotages or assassinate, how many XP points does he get for each operation? Also, how many XP points would he get if he scouted for an army, set up a spy Network, or completed some type of ninja action? It's questions like this that I don't know the answer to that keep me from optimizing my gameplay. Any help you would give me would be great.

I know this game is 6 years old so I don't even know if people really still play but I can see myself playing this for another 6 years, unless they come out with the Shogun 3 :-) and saying that, has anyone heard if there will be a Shogun 3?

I hope to be a part of this community in the future and thank you ahead of time for any help!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Needing Help: Complexity of TWS2

Quote Originally Posted by Kishokama View Post
    I hope to be a part of this community in the future and thank you ahead of time for any help!
    Also if anyone does ever read this thread...... could someone explain the follow mechanics?

+1 to Command? how exactly does that work in numbers and buffs?
    +1 Ambush? I understand what ambushing is, hiding in trees and attacking from there. BUT, in the numbers what exactly is it boosting for me once i hit the battlefield?
    +1 to subterfuge when assassinating? not sure what that is actually giving me.

I could do these forever, I can't seem to find a chart or anything that shows the pros and cons of each. Any info would be great. Thanks

This guide will probably answer many of your questions:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-War-Shogun-II

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

@Dom9127

WOW, this is so amazing! I can't wait to gorge on this the next few days!