Thread: [RPHS] A Clash of Kings I

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Default [RPHS] A Clash of Kings I

A Clash of Kings I

USING WOIAF MOD WIP

A comet the color of blood and flame cuts across the sky. From the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war. It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel...and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.

Admin:
    Joerock22
    Co-Admin: Parafix

Credits:
    Thanks to the Game of Thrones 3.0 Submod team
    Thanks to Parafix for his many rules implemented in this HS

Factions:
    House Baratheon of King’s Landing ~ Alertoverlord
    House Baratheon of Dragonstone ~ DrEvilsPjs
    House Baratheon of Storm’s End ~ xXAmonXx
    House Stark ~ Greystark111
    House Lannister ~ Panda_Slayer
    House Tully ~ vpcm12
    House Arryn ~ Librarian
    House Greyjoy ~ CowCow

House Tyrell ~ Narsils_Shards
    House Martell ~ Mark of Cain

RULES
    VM the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before you are skipped. 3 strikes and you're replaced!!!
    2 forts per region
    6 forts max per faction
    5 unit requirement for each fort
    No excessive replays to insure victories
    No watchtowers that could be used to prevent forting
    No one turn peace, unless the player has yet not played. (No attacking / entering / forting in enemy territory unless they have already played)
    No Princess Stealing.
    Destroying buildings is not allowed.
    No diplomat / agent stomping.
    No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it. If in doubt, just ask us.No sailing from a blockaded port without defeating the blockading ships, it is illegal to burn down ports in order to get around this rule.
    Armies must not end a turn be hidden in ships inside of ports. This is because that army would be unreachable.
    No sallying forth in a siege if the outcome is a defeat. This counts towards all sieges including forts.
    Heroic victories are 100% banned and illegal. If you get a heroic victory repeatedly, contact an Admin and we may allow it.
    Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results. It is advised to hide everything else, especially the mini map and your finances. (Pictures must be 100% of what is required, no exceptions)
    Settlements gifted should disband all units save one.
    Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'. Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this.
    Armies bribed which have used their movement points that turn may not move any further for the duration of that turn.

RP RULES
    All major events must be accompanied with realistic RP, major events include:
    Large battles and or battles involving important characters
    Marriages of family members
    Breaking of alliances/betrayals
    Hostage taking
    All RP is expected to be in character and realistic to the scenario being depicted
    One adoption per faction, RP must accompany it.

IRON THRONE CLAIMANT
    Only 3 factions may claim the Iron Throne:
    HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE
    HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END
    HOUSE BARATHEON OF KING'S LANDING (Already Crowned turn 1)
    If a faction chooses to push it’s claim for the Iron Throne, the following may be granted to his own generals or allies. None of which can be provided to more than one general.
    Crown (1)
    Hand of the King (1)
    Lord Commander of the Kingsguard (1)
    Kingsguard (7) Can be appointed to Allies. 2000 Gold per KG.
    Master of Coin (1)
    Master of Ships (1) - Must have fleet.
    Master of Whispers (1) - Must have a Spy.
    Master of Law (1)
    Warden of the North (1)
    Warden of the South (1)
    Warden of the West (1)
    Warden of the East (1)
    To be a paramount you must own at least 3 settlements in the territory. Claimant may promise / gift land prior to ancillary being rewarded

INDEPENDENT KINGDOMS
    Any Faction may declare themselves independent. However, you will immediately go to war with claimants to the Iron Throne and peace is impossible unless you swear fealty and relinquish your crown; NO EXCEPTIONS

IRON BANK
    PM Admins to ask for a loan from the Iron Bank
    A loan of any size of 40,000 and under can be requested
    If the loan is not repaid, the Iron Bank will fund your rivals

FINANCES
    Each faction will be held responsible for keeping it's finances under control. If any faction goes bankrupt, the following fines will be issued.
    -3000 = Troop Desertion
    -6000 = The Loss of General Loyalty Traits
    -12000 = Faction Destruction

CAPTURED GENERAL
    A general can be captured if you have him trapped in a fort/castle you are besieging or could have killed him in battle.
    Princesses can be captured if they are just standing in other player controlled lands where troops could get to them.
    Any captured general/princess can have a ransom negotiated, and the captor may decide to kill them if they wish.

TRIAL BY COMBAT
    Captured Generals can request Trial by Combat, in which the admin will use a random list generator depending on the capability of both generals chosen to represent each faction within the trial. A Trial by Seven may also be requested.
    For Example;
    Two formidable warriors in a trial by combat
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins

One poor warrior vs formidable warrior
    Mace Tyrell wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins

Last edited by DrEvilsPjs; September 22, 2017 at 11:09 AM.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [RPHS] A Clash of Kings I

Credits on rules, you're also listing stuff ancillaries that dont exist in this mod. Also aint Jadli admin capped? I know Joe is the only member of GS to be allowed to bypass it out of trust, doubt Jadli.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Very well, I'll take Arryn. See if we can teach an old bird new tricks, aye?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Also aint Jadli admin capped? I know Joe is the only member of GS to be allowed to bypass it out of trust, doubt Jadli.
    Even if there existed such axception, or if I was admin capped, Im afraid things like this are no longer any of your concern.

Blog Entries

Westeros hotseats are always my concern, GS or not.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Great, s far as I know I wuold be a little bit busy in October, due to moving abroad for my job, should I find a substitute myself or ask to the admin to do my turn ?

You would have to ask the admins about that Julio, I am just a player now like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Narsils_Shards View Post
    Very well, I'll take Arryn. See if we can teach an old bird new tricks, aye?
    just checked my VMs, librarian claimed it before you, but you are free to take Joffrey or Tyrell, as i don't think Julio will be playing with his schedule. Otherwise, thanks for wanting to join, but sorry.
    Last edited by DrEvilsPjs; September 20, 2017 at 09:34 AM.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

I'd happily take Joffery as long as the rules and certain areas are fixed. For instance? I don't think siege engines should be allowed at all.

Edit - I've just looked at the mod and to be quite frank? I seriously wouldn't recommend it for hot seating. Siege engines need to be removed, more balancing, fixes here and there and the auto-resolve on enhanced is severely unbalanced. If you want to play during a clash of kings? I'd play with New Beginning.
    Last edited by Alertoverlord; September 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

they aren't in it Alert, we are using 3.0 which is just the artwork mod

Blog Entries

Not sure if the hotseaters participating in this game that aint on our discord know, currently some work going on to have this for the new map / mod. House Bolton and Viserys Targaryen will be thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Not sure if the hotseaters participating in this game that aint on our discord know
    Wait there is a discord?

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

At what point will this start at, will Tyrion be in my, ahem, Lysa's custody?

HS should be starting soon, finishing up editing some files, hopefully will be all good at the start of next week, will keep everyone updated

I'll archive this Hotseat soon if no words received from DrEvils, in the event it's canceled we'll try to offer it's players positions elsewhere etc.