Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer without Gamespy!

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Multiplayer without Gamespy!

GeldSpy has got to be the worst thing that CA ever did for Multiplayer. Lag, Disconnects, every imaginable woe...

We now have a solution.

Download this file:
    http://generalscollective.com/forums...hp?topic=672.0

Read the readme, follow the instructions. This will finally let us get away from the misery and eternal suffering of GeldSpy!

*Super happiness.

Post here if you have questions or concerns!

PS: The no-cdkey/nocd check is an unintended side effect...
    I just copy and pasted Sun's message from his boards. I just figured that people here would be interested so I decided to post it here. Sorry if I stole your thunder Sun.
    Last edited by Kscott; December 29, 2006 at 09:16 PM.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Default Re: Multiplayer without Gamespy!

I'll have to check this out.

"War is but the first step to peace."

im a n00b, just bought the game 3 days ago..... i havent played online as of yet.... but do you mean to tell me that with that file i will be able to just connect to another player via tcp/ip address and just play battles that way w/o going thru gamespy? if so have you tried it? please let me know...also its to bad that we cant do multiplayer campaign w/o sending a save file back and forth ... its such a downfall to the game.

Wait- so with this you can get better online play, but only if you can find an ip address of someone you want to play with?

Or is it like a server browser still?

Nonono... Guys please read the readme!

This has been extensively tested (aka, me getting my butt kicked), and it works very well.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

I tested and am online now. It seems to work, there just need to be more people connected to play.

"War is but the first step to peace."

What's all this about the unintended side effect? I'm not going to download it if it screws from my cd key...

What is this, Hamachi and a cracked exe together in one little package?

Silly, Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Canesfan View Post
    What's all this about the unintended side effect? I'm not going to download it if it screws from my cd key...
    It doesn't do anything to your cd key. But because hamachi allows you to connect to other players without gamespy, it bypasses the cdkey check that gamespy forces on you. Your game is unchanged.

Anyway, if you downloaded the file, do download it again. It has been updated.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

Saladin45's Avatar Semisalis

Would someone get online in there? I want to play some Medieval 2 Total War! Now!!!
    "I am the death of the pale faces, I am the killer of Romans, I am the scourge sent upon you, I am Zarrar Ibn Al Azwar!"

"May Cowards gain no comfort from sleep."

I´ve joined the GC network! By the way General Sun, I´ve noticed that there is more than 16 members of the network, so you are a premium user right? Because then we could be up to 256 users of the GC network. Have this as a sticky would be nice so more could join in under the same network. /Calle22.

The GC network? Fill me in on this one . I have Hamachi installed and ready.

- Munching on vanilla outside your doorstep since 1080.
    Fear us.

The GeneralsCollective network is a good startpoint for a network within hamachi users, but it would be wise if we also had some sort of list here were we for example could add our nicknames as some sort of "marketing", so more players would join as some maybe won´t because they regard the hamachi community as to small. But we have to have something reliable alternative to gamespy which, I´m afraid, can not handle the host thing in a reliable manner. /C22.

What's the name / password of said server?

- Munching on vanilla outside your doorstep since 1080.
    Fear us.

Name: GeneralsCollective
    Pass: GeneralsCollective

And hamachi have recently been updated to 1.0.1.5 /C22.

hmm...after some recent events here at TWC, you never know the future of the site. But if something should happend, I hope we could continue the gathering of hamachi multiplayer users at, for example totalwar.org... /C22.

the server is full now. Do you know any alternative one?

Why the network name and the site to download hamachi have turned into a ************? Is it some kind of censure?

heh? I´m counting 22 members. What do you mean full? This is the link to their site:

http://www.hamachi.cc

/C22.
    Last edited by Calle22; January 20, 2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: adding link

I mean "Error: This network appears to be full. Click here for more details." message. When I click there, another message appears: "Each Hamachi network comes with a default capacity of 16 free
    members." This is what I mean as a full server. Is there any alternative one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast