Thread: DEI: Expansion Penalties

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Default DEI: Expansion Penalties

Hi guys! WHAT AN AWESOME MOD!

Quick question: do the expansion penalties decrease over time? If yes, how long does it take? Playing as Rome and just took Iberia, and parts of North Africa when the Nervi, the Leugoz, and Egyot declared war on me the same turn. Expansion penalty is -37 at the moment. Thanks for the help.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Default Re: DEI: Expansion Penalties

No, expansion penalties are linked to your Imperium level. As you grow, the penalties get worse. You can fight these penalties with your characters such as the Dignitary (governor) agent or your Generals. The Dignitaries have -empire maintenance on the Zeal chain while your Generals have -empire maintenance or +diplomacy in the Sovereign chain. Some buildings also decrease empire maintenance, such as Library or Sewers.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm under the impression that right now expansion penalties are maybe too soft for the player.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 18, 2017 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I'm under the impression that right now expansion penalties are maybe too soft for the player.
    I was under opposite impression. Until the last campaign I play at the moment, where I somehow managed to have apx. 250 000 in the 15. turn and couple thousand below 500 000 around 27. turn in the bank through diplomacy. But every time before in other campaigns when you reach a new imp. lvl. your icome seems to be dropping more than you gain from capturing new lands. And was always struggling with money playing on VH making the early expansion very difficult and unprofitable. So if possible I would only decrease the political actions or how it is called that cause the adoption and assasination events which can be quite annoying. All that stuff w these events is annoying..could it be skipped completely? Or minimized below perception?

Also in my current campaign my political power is 79% (the other 3 parties have 6-8%) yet the civil war indicator panel stays empty) or is there some pop up window showing the probability?
    Last edited by RE5PEKT; September 18, 2017 at 12:39 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by RE5PEKT View Post
    I was under opposite impression. Until the last campaign I play at the moment, where I somehow managed to have apx. 250 000 in the 15. turn and couple thousand below 500 000 around 27. turn in the bank through diplomacy. But every time before in other campaigns when you reach a new imp. lvl. your icome seems to be dropping more than you gain from capturing new lands. And was always struggling with money playing on VH making the early expansion very difficult and unprofitable. So if possible I would only decrease the political actions or how it is called that cause the adoption and assasination events which can be quite annoying. All that stuff w these events is annoying..could it be skipped completely? Or minimized below perception?

Also in my current campaign my political power is 79% (the other 3 parties have 6-8%) yet the civil war indicator panel stays empty) or is there some pop up window showing the probability?
    You could take a look at Dresden's answer for political actions (from a similar post).

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Open the pack, go to campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects
    Open Politics_ table
    Change the value there from -35 to -100 or more. That will stop all of those events, or should. Although some political party power effects add to this so you may want to go over 100 on the negative.

The variable I changed in campaign_variables determines the cost of the action based on the gravitas of the character. I had made the cost higher, thinking that would either make them more rare or at least make it more expensive for the player. But, after having some reports of increased assassinations, I reduced that variable back down to vanilla levels just in case that was the cause of it.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM.