Thread: Just wondering...

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Just wondering...

That if Total Warhammer II isn't a simply a glorified expansion pack but a whole game in it's own right and all that people who like to give away money says.... Where it is it's own sub forum section?

I mean, Napoleon had it's own, shouldn't Total Warhammer despite it's lack of truly innovation and new characteristics have one too?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Just wondering...

Ah...that´s what bored people have to think about now? I mean these not hyped about WH2....

For mods it make sense to get new forum. For the sake of order but at the same time some mods will be pretty similar in both games. For general discussion,lores etc....we can easily have one. Elven pantheon is the same for both game... And while you are right about sieges and some stuff, i´m pretty sure we are getting a lot of new campaign mechanics and interesting stuff.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

There's low enough volume in Warhammer section as of now. Splitting the forum will probably lowered aome more.

Well Game 2 is a "glorified expansion pack", a term that seems charged with, well, a wild variety of connotations, as well as being its own game as standalone title.

As for a separate section, I think there should be a section for specific elements not found in the first game, but overall I think there should be as much amalgamation as possible. IMO forums shouldn't become so bureaucratically complex. We already have problems like the Steam forums where there is an Announcement section, but like 95% of the General Discussions' front page consist of (outdated) announcements.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

even if we split up all the stuff in warhammer 2 into dlcs, it will still cost similar to 60$ or do you expect the size of the content we are getting in warhammer 2 to be a single dlc? like really?

there is really no need for all the hating I personally can't wait for all 3 games so I can get my gigantic campaign map + all the different races.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Staff is currently discussing the creation of any Warhammer 2 section(s).

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Would add a voice for not making a separate new forum for it in general, beside subforums for dedicated W2 matters (tech support & mods, mainly).
    The campaign map of the two entries in the series will be made one [in difference to Empire and Napoleon, for example], so that where W1 ends and where W2 begins will become blurry at best. Confusion and controversy in definition will occur for sure if a hard line is drawn.
    Rather let thread titles and OP's define topic content of a discussion.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Would add a voice for not making a separate new forum for it in general, beside subforums for dedicated W2 matters (tech support & mods, mainly).
    The campaign map of the two entries in the series will be made one [in difference to Empire and Napoleon, for example], so that where W1 ends and where W2 begins will become blurry at best. Confusion and controversy in definition will occur for sure if a hard line is drawn.
    Rather let thread titles and OP's define topic content of a discussion.
    Also not that many people seem to be on WH part of the TWC forum imagine splitting that in 2...

Most visitors just rubbernecking probably.

I don't think splitting would be good idea too, since both games are rather integrated. And I don't really understand why people are so negative towards WII calling it DLC. Huge giant map with 4 absolutely new factions, new mechanics and brand new campaign with story emphasis. Mod support is still there. What more Warhammer+TW fan may wish for?...

Quote Originally Posted by Senticon View Post
    I don't think splitting would be good idea too, since both games are rather integrated. And I don't really understand why people are so negative towards WII calling it DLC. Huge giant map with 4 absolutely new factions, new mechanics and brand new campaign with story emphasis. Mod support is still there. What more Warhammer+TW fan may wish for?...
    There is reason why almost no CA members are posting here anymore...Reddit is like "ARE YOU HYPED?!?" While here it is more likely "another overprize DLC..booooring, give me another Med2"

I tell you what they wish for...one trully perfect TW (preferably medieval setting) without DLC with everything at day 1 where you can spend thousand hours with epic cavalry cyclocharges...sadly perfect games do not exist. I actually like every TW/DLC for being little different (yes, i´m looking even at you Iberrian campaign in Napoleon )

I have blast today with Teclis...trully powerful mage. In WH1 mages feels little underpowered. And ing dinosaurs fighting with dragons!!!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

The game looks funny when I starts. Found out that I need to update windows and also there's conflict in my audio driver.

After that it's been smooth sailing.

Really enjoying the game so far though I'm waiting for the blood pack to really play a real campaign.
    Last edited by LestaT; September 28, 2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    The game looks funny when I startws. Founs out that I need to update windows and also there's conflict in my audio driver.

After that it's been smooth sailing.

Really enjoying the game so far though I'm waiting for the blood pack to really play a real campaig .
    I've got to admit, I didn't think I'd really miss the blood pack. I don't really zoom in as often as I'd like, but it's one of those things you don't miss until it's gone, because it almost feels empty without it! However, the animations are absolutely gorgeous as I have stated before, and even without it, battles are enjoyable to play, and watch.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Yeah, the people deriding this as an expansion pack are just looking for more things to complain about. I've long since stopped bothering to take their views into account.

It's entirely fair to point out how some issues from the first Warhammer remain, and that's a bad thing, but this game is bigger than the original game. The four factions currently available feel more unique and fleshed out than the original four factions for Warhammer 1, and DLC is only going to expand on that further. The campaign map is bigger, more interactive, and looks prettier. All that without even taking into account the upcoming combined map.

If they genuinely think expansion packs should have more content than the base game, they're never going to be happy.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Part of me thinks i shouldnt feed the trolls in this thread (the people who are just looking for an excuse to complain), but i want to say im very happy with my warhammer 2 purchase. Ive been playing nonstop for about 12 hours since it launched, and its definitely not "just" an expansion pack. If anything, i would call it warhammer 1,5. And yes, it is worth the money.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I've got to admit, I didn't think I'd really miss the blood pack. I don't really zoom in as often as I'd like, but it's one of those things you don't miss until it's gone, because it almost feels empty without it! However, the animations are absolutely gorgeous as I have stated before, and even without it, battles are enjoyable to play, and watch.
    Indeed. I did have a bit of hickup when starting the game yesterday and almost posted my first ever tech support post at the official forum. Turns out that I previously disable some windows update. Update windows and then fixed somewhat conflicted audio driver, the game has been smooth sailing since then. Played all night until morning when I had to send my kids to school.

Game is much smoother and more stable fps wise. While my campaign map runs aeound 18-20 fps average, it doesn't have any stuttering unlike the first game. Almost no different when playing on High so I crank everything up on Ultra. Still waiting for the mining craze to die down before upgrading my GPU though. Now too damn expensive.

Battles around 28-30 and again no stuttering. Note that this is using an old i5 3570, 8gb ram and rx 560 4gb. Using the system ram to make up for the lack of vram does not slow the loading much unlike game 1 where it loads almost as long as using hdd.

Gameplay wise, so many things have changed. I almost feel like a first time Total War player. For me, eventhough in general I'm not much into fantasy, this game is certainly a great Total War game. Miles better even compared to the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    It's entirely fair to point out how some issues from the first Warhammer remain
    It's always pretty funny when playing as Malekith for example, and opposing factions say they speak with your authority, hail the witch king etc. then insult you when they decline.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

It's always pretty funny when playing as Malekith for example, and opposing factions say they speak with your authority, hail the witch king etc. then insult you when they decline.
    Playing as Morathi, Malekith doesn't even want to trade with me. Should have drowned the ingrate bastard after birth thousand years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Playing as Morathi, Malekith doesn't even want to trade with me. Should have drowned the ingrate bastard after birth thousand years ago.
    Well they have +30 bonus on diplomacy right ..what more do you expect After that it is standard TW diplomacy BTW: Malekith has only pheonix throne in his mind and or destruction of these pesky high elves while Morathi ...damn no other woman screams trouble/sex/corruption like her.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

"We don't like dealing with your kind." Says Tyrion to I, his twin brother. I knew High Elves were snooty but that's a new level altogether.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."