Thread: Huge numbers of defending units?

Default Huge numbers of defending units?

Hello! I recently found out this mod and I must I really, really enjoy it a lot.

There's just a thing that I'm curious about though, when I try to siege any faction province other than 'minor factions' A huge amount of units spawn in there castle!

I made sure to check if I mistook the number of units and tried on different provinces, but even a province with only a couple units suddenly had a full stack of units whenever I tried to siege them.

Is this intended? I'm not that good at M2;TW yet so it makes my campaigns a bit difficult. If it was intended would there be any way to disable it?

Thank you in advance!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Huge numbers of defending units?

it is intended yes

but to disable it go to your ...Medieval II Total War\mods\COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    rename the file called campaign_script.txt to campaign_script_with_spawns.txt
    and rename the campaign_script with spawns disabled.txt [or something like that] to campaign_script.txt

to rename a file right click then select edit/change name

good luck
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    it is intended yes

but to disable it go to your ...Medieval II Total War\mods\COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    rename the file called campaign_script.txt to campaign_script_with_spawns.txt
    and rename the campaign_script with spawns disabled.txt [or something like that] to campaign_script.txt

to rename a file right click then select edit/change name

good luck
    Thank you very much!

I know the mod itself was intended for expert players so I actually feel very sorry that I asked about such thing.

Still, thank you for the answer and I'll keep enjoying the mod.

Sorry about double post, but I just checked the folders and there's not a file named "campaign_script with spawns disabled.txt" in the folder...?

Citizen

I must have misremembered what they are called sorry

just give me the full names of all files with campaign_script in them and I will tell you which one is the one with spawns disabled

and don't feel sorry about asking it is no shame inn admmitting that a game is hard for you
    I mean I play MTW2 for like 8 years and still anything above M/M and I start to lose the game

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

I must have misremembered what they are called sorry

just give me the full names of all files with campaign_script in them and I will tell you which one is the one with spawns disabled

and don't feel sorry about asking it is no shame inn admmitting that a game is hard for you
    I mean I play MTW2 for like 8 years and still anything above M/M and I start to lose the game
    There's only one 'campaign_script' and also the folder name is 'BOTET' not 'COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times' so I guess the file you mentioned is from old versions?

Still, thank you again for trying to help me.

Citizen

do you use the latest version then?
    1.5 I mean

wait a second are you sure you installed this mod and not this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-version-1-5-1

for if you have this mod installed the folder should be called COW_Begining_Of_The_End_Times
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; September 19, 2017 at 03:07 AM.

do you use the latest version then?
    1.5 I mean

wait a second are you sure you installed this mod and not this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-version-1-5-1

for if you have this mod installed the folder should be called COW_Begining_Of_The_End_Times
    Isn't this main version, not Beginning of End Times?

Sorry about double post again, but I am sure I'm playing the submod because I downloaded it from here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...ds/15-released

And the folder name is still BOTET.

Citizen

strange then
    ok last thing I can think of have you only installed the above link?
    and not the main version and then COW_Beginning_Of_The_Endtimes on top of it?

The newest versions of the mod have the modfolder name BOTET. COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times is the very old version. The campaign files won't be interchangeable.

In the next update we're working on the campaign AI so the garrison scripts won't need to be as strong.

Citizen

@WhiffOfGrapeshot
    I see
    I have a question can you please compress your mod more since something like 5,3 gig is insane to download
    this guy can maybe help you with it
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...682-alreadyded

@maxmize sorry for horribly mis informing you
    I hope no harm is done to your installation