Thread: CTD mid campaign

Default CTD mid campaign

Hey! Thank you kindly for making such a legendary, awesome mod! I'm really impressed of it.
    Now I have continued a savegame from a year old. I'm almost near the unlocking of the Lorica Segmentata.

Though I have the problem now that ending the turn leads to a CTD without error. Loading an older savegame and ending the turn is fine, but I can't continue now.
    I have >85 settlements, so the second rebellion should start soon. Has it something to do with this script? Besides I haven't always clicked the advisor's button at the beginning of loading a savegame.

Can you guys help me out, thanks!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: CTD mid campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post

Though I have the problem now that ending the turn leads to a CTD without error. Loading an older savegame and ending the turn is fine, but I can't continue now.
    I have >85 settlements, so the second rebellion should start soon. Has it something to do with this script? Besides I haven't always clicked the advisor's button at the beginning of loading a savegame.

Can you guys help me out, thanks!
    Hi Q,

because of the very nature of the scripted mod, if you don't activate the script, ALWAYS when you loaded a saved game, your game became compromised and you will ecounter a lot of problems!
    Advice: you must to find a stable saved game and continue the campaign from it. And NEVER EVER forget to activate the script at the start of every loading. That should be as natural as taking breath !

I have started a 1-turn-older savegame and it led to the same crash . Anyway I have lots of saves, to 5 turns back, so I'll find out.
    Thank you for the help anyway. Is there a script that I can turn off to prevent this crash perhaps?

Is there a script that I can turn off to prevent this crash perhaps?
    The background script controlls a lot of things in the game: the senatorial elections, the emergency levies, the Capuan rebellion, the Civil War rebellion, the pop-up garrisons, the player's and AI's money, it builds the building called "Augustan Reforms" which unlock the numbered and named legions, etcetera, so there is no way to turn off the script. Sorry.

I wish that I knew some general causes for CTD's so I could fix my savegame manually. I read something about adoption of some guy with the same name to the family. Can I turn this script off? Should I send my family on a boat trip?

//EDIT
    Dang it, all my savegames lead to the same turn with the CTD now. My campaign is doomed. I'll never see the Lorica Segmentata in battle... =(

Sorry for your messed campaign, I know the feeling....... I really have no idea how you can fix it; maybe dvk or somebody else with more knowledge and experience could help you.

In the future (campaigns) just ignore the adoption messages.
    And never ever forget to activate the script!!!

Check this thread, especially post #8, maybe it help:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...quot-READ-HERE!
    Last edited by ferike_2007; September 17, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

You could try this tip I had from a friend, There is a command (-ne)that you can add to the shortcut path in order to make the game run in windowed fullscreen mode, where it will look like it's normal fullscreen but it is actually windowed, and this helps with easier alt+tabbing and also it is claimed to improve stability and decrease the chances of the mod/game crashing.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I have borderless windowed mode on =).
    Thank you for linking to the problems & solutions thread. My CTD happens after one of my ships movement is completed. So I guess there's a Roman general causing the trouble.

Problem: CTD on end of turn, usually during another faction's turn

Cause: Most likely cause is the script not being activated each time you play, resulting in a cloned character for another faction popping up and causing errors.

First,
    To watch what causes the CTD you can do the following;

1) Edit Preferences.txt
    change FOG_OF_WAR:TRUE to FOG_OF_WAR:FALSE (so you see the whole map)
    change LABEL_CHARACTERS:FALSE to LABEL_CHARACTERS:TRUE
    change CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:SKIP_AI_FACTIONS to CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:FOLLOW_AI_FACTIONS

2) Launch the game and load your save. Press end turn - you should see in detail all the characters and units moving - it can take a long time and you need to stay awake to see what was last moving when the CTD happens.

Originally Posted by -FrOzeN-
    Use the move_character "name" x,y command (get the xy by holding the cursor over the desired position and writing show_cursorstat in the console) and finally using auto_win will defeat him (and the CTD)

If the game crashes when you attack him your sole choice is to move him to a place where he can not interact with other characters (the African desert or a lone island in Greece for example)

Last edited by Hellhound1; August 10, 201
    This is awesome material! But as I said there's no general to be moved. The game crashes after one of my Roman ship's movement is completed.

I have borderless windowed mode on =).
    Thank you for linking to the problems & solutions thread. My CTD happens after one of my ships movement is completed. So I guess there's a Roman general causing the trouble.

This is awesome material! But as I said there's no general to be moved. The game crashes after one of my Roman ship's movement is completed.
    Hmmmm.... I have a crazy ideea, and you have nothing to lose: disband all your navy, let's see what will happens in that case. Or, disband just THAT fleet which is moving when CTD occurs.
    Last edited by ferike_2007; September 19, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

Haha, that might be possible. But I can't disband ships on sea and there are some on sea.
    Move them close to the ports as it is descriebed above, I suppose they could be moved with console commands like the family members.