Thread: Need advice: Which Total War games can I play with my new computer?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Need advice: Which Total War games can I play with my new computer?

Quick and very easy question. I just purchased a new computer (desktop) and the following are its specs:

Medion Akoya P4228-D

Processor AMD A10-7800 (4 cores, 3.5 GHz, 4MB cache)
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    HD: 1 TB
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX750 2GB DDR5

I know it's not a great computer but I didn't buy it for gaming, I still own a gaming laptop. As for games, I only play strategy. In my steam account I have Total War games from Medieval II to Rome II. Do you think is there any Total War game in this range I would not be able to play? My last computer with an older processor Phenom X2 955 3.2 GHz, 8 GB DDR3, GPU AMD HD6850 1 GB DDR5 could play Empire/NTW/Shogun2 with high to ultra and Rome 2 from Medium to High.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Need advice: Which Total War games can I play with my new computer?

It can run all of them but that 750 card is a severe bottleneck. You'd be looking at averaging medium settings on anything newer than Rome II; Atillas terrible optimization may mean even lower settings.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Need advice: Which Total War games can I play with my new computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    It can run all of them but that 750 card is a severe bottleneck. You'd be looking at averaging medium settings on anything newer than Rome II; Atillas terrible optimization may mean even lower settings.
    I am aware of Attila performance since I have it on my Alienware 17 R3 gaming laptop, better than my new desktop and running in medium-high. In this computer I won't be playing too much and I am using my older Steam account, where I have Total War games from Empire to Rome II but I am also considering to purchase Medieval II + Kingdoms to play 1648, Italian Wars and Stainless Steel mods. I know I will be able to play Attila decently by 2020 with Windows 12 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1500 16 GB DDR5, LOL.