Thread: Is there a settlement_mechanics equivalent in RTW games? I want to change global population growth, squalor etc...

Icon5 Is there a settlement_mechanics equivalent in RTW games? I want to change global population growth, squalor etc...

I tried a bit googling but to no avail, the thing is I am playing the latest EB(1.3) and I like it so much except the insane population growth, it feels like all I am doing is upgrading settlements, I never menage to build anything else. The end result of this is that no city feels special, all of them get to "huge" pretty quick for my taste. I've learned how to change this in mtw2, but I do not know where to go in RTW games.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Is there a settlement_mechanics equivalent in RTW games? I want to change global population growth, squalor etc...

Not really, I mean you can increase population bonuses in buildings or from character traits but from what I remember there's no main file to tweak from.

Pretty sure there's also a settlement file in mapping that lets you >base< change population rates and so on per settlement.
    descr_regions http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Descr_regions.txt
    Last edited by z3n; October 06, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)