View Poll Results: Is HRC fit to be President?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 24.32%
  • No

    24 64.86%
  • Abstain. I do not know but....

    2 5.41%
  • Abstain, Mentally fit is not important

    2 5.41%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Results 161 to 167 of 167

Thread: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

  1. #161

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Straw man. I never claimed that they should be "disqualified".
    "positions of power ought not be passed between competing members of different families. "

    There's nothing wrong with two competing families and power constantly swinging between them, as long as the position is open to other people.

    So that would be..."a problem inherent in the system" then?
    An issue that has little to do with political families. Address the cause not the symptom.

    Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    I didn't say they weren't qualified at all, I said they weren't the most qualified and definitely not the best statesmen candidates. And nothing you posted proves they are the most qualified/best candidate which was your implication in the other post. Tens of thousands of people graduate from Universities just as reputable as Yale every year (Bush quite famously was a very mediocre student) and holding some office doesn't necessarily make one the most qualified. There are 50 active governors plus hundreds of other state and city offices that offer comparable experience as anything Hilary and Dubya had.
    There's nothing stopping anyone from running for President (if they fit Constitutional requirements obviously). If they shirk their civic duty that automatically disqualifies them. If they'd rather be Governor than President, that's their prerogative. They disqualify themselves. Obama was relatively unknown before his presidential campaign.

    You are shifting your argument a bit here but it still isn't a very compelling one. Essentially you are saying that the current system is already the best at determining the best and most qualified candidate simply because they are the ones chosen by the current system. Your reasoning is very tautological. Hilary and Trump were the best candidates by your logic simply because they won.
    I think there's some issues with the current system, but I wouldn't describe it as seriously flawed or broken. It's not my ideal system, not even close, but I am very "elitist" in my ideology. The current presidential system, from a liberal perspective, isn't that bad. Trump isn't qualified to be president and my reasoning isn't tautological. I am simply attacking your premise that Hillary and Bush were "Hilary and George W were nowhere near the most qualified American individuals ". I have my own criteria for judging candidates and I'm also not claiming that whoever becomes President is the most qualified person for it (that's a strawman you've created). I am claiming that Presidential candidates are "usually" very qualified especially because the ability to mobilize the population to win over your opponents is one of the skills needed to be a good President. There are other skills of course, which is why Trump, despite his victory, is not a good candidate. What people dub as "substance", his ability as a politician and administrator, are severely lacking in Trump. Hillary, despite all her faults, is an experienced statesman and has rallied a campaign that won over a very good chunk of the population. While I'm not a fan of the Kleptocratic DNC process that cut Sanders out of having a "fair shot", it is evidence to Hillary's influence and power, which is also something a President needs and benefits from. Your influence and ability to mobilize other politicians is an important skill. How else will you get legislation through otherwise?

    And I never said every candidate comes from a political family ffs, but people that come from political dynasties have massive inherent advantages over newcomers that are often used to bully better candidates out of the race. Sometimes the newcomer can come onto the scene in such a way that they can't be denied like Obama. But other times, better candidates like Elizabeth Warren never get a chance because of the power behind the worse candidate (hilary)
    The only thing stopping Elizabeth Warren from running is herself. If she can mobilize the political and populist capital to get herself elected, I'd be all for it. Obama is also a very moral and fair politician like Elizabeth Warren, but he has shown to have the charisma and flexibility to successfully run the country and unite his party as well. If Warren can do the same she will find herself elected. And have you watched the last election? The Clinton name was just as much of a drawback as it was a boon, something Trump's fanatically loyal fanbase (and Russian intelligence) exploited to the fullest.

  2. #162

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    People use whatever they can and spin it into whichever direction they want when it comes to discrediting their political enemies. Same with Trump and countless others. Aren't you the one who always says "deal with it"? Well, deal with it.
    I did deal with it. He posted . I called it . He is taking issue with me calling it .
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  3. #163

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    The Roman Republic political system ensured, even if you weren't quite qualified or were from a patrician family, you needed to go through an obstacle course of various military and political offices before you were eligible for the office of Consul.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

  4. #164

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    There's nothing wrong with two competing families and power constantly swinging between them, as long as the position is open to other people.
    > Political nepotism is fine.

    lol.

    An issue that has little to do with political families. Address the cause not the symptom.
    > Political families have nothing to do with dynasticism.

    lol.
    Last edited by ep1c_fail; October 19, 2017 at 04:23 PM.

  5. #165

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    > Political nepotism is fine.

    lol.
    lol.

    > Political families have nothing to do with dynasticism.

    lol.
    lol.

    Am I doing it right?

  6. #166
    Kyriakos's Avatar Praefectus
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Thessalonike, Greece
    Posts
    6,357

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I did deal with it. He posted . I called it . He is taking issue with me calling it .
    You misunderstand (probably trying to flatter yourself, but it's ok). I am not taking issue with your views; you are free to think what you will; i don't care in the slightest. If i am taking some issue then it would be with your reaction, which is ridiculous.
    Like my Hagia Sophia?
    I modelled it in Blender.


  7. #167

    Default Re: Is Hillary Clinto mentally fit to be President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    You misunderstand (probably trying to flatter yourself, but it's ok). I am not taking issue with your views; you are free to think what you will; i don't care in the slightest. If i am taking some issue then it would be with your reaction, which is ridiculous.
    Facts are ridiculous indeed.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •