Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XAI: v1.09 RELEASED on Steam!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XAI: v1.09 RELEASED on Steam!

Hello my friends,

I have pulled all previous versions of XAI because they are now obsolete. I am getting ready to go live on Steam very soon and will be putting XAI to the test. I wanted to thank all of you who have participated and given me feedback on the previous versions, as it helped quite a bit.

As you know I have been very hard at work and have now perfected diplomacy. It now works 100% and I now know exactly the reasons why it had such a hard time in vanilla.

The XAI diplomacy is all new, there is no vanilla values left. As I expected, It has also completely transformed the Campaign AI much like the battle AI has for battles.

I have spent about 700 hours now working on this mod because I love the Total War Series, I also loved this community. I did not make this mod for my own gratification, but to help the community. I wanted to be able to create a great base mod for others to be able to use to improve their mods. I also want to fix the vanilla game as best as I can so that everyone can have a fun and great game!

I am going to leave it at that, but I am here to stay here. I am not leaving unless life tells me otherwise. You are stuck with me, whether you like me or not.

I have made a great new friend as well, hopefully we will be able to make some really great improvements to the Total War series.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: XAI: v1.09 is just about ready.

I look forward to trying the diplomacy mod out. You're doing great work here.

Sounds great! Wish I could have tested and given some feedback but life has been busy. Thanks!
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

@Theramines Thank you! I appreciate your support

@ Soulson Me too bud!! I miss you around here stop by some more!

I would like everyone to spread the word please!

If you could also visit, subscribe and like my YouTube channel and Steam when posted, I would really appreciate it. It is very important for this mod to get visibility. Maybe CA will take notice and fix the bloody games.

I am considering a Pre-test here on the forums, but I really need MORE testers!! I would like many of the different factions tested, and only graphical mods added. Would you guys be up for this?
    Last edited by xeryx; September 12, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I'm super excited to try the new version!

MEE TOO!!

Today I slaved away working on characters

I should be able to put up 1.09 very soon. I will most likely release on Steam as it took me longer than anticipated to work on some lingering issues. I only have one bug that I cannot seem to get rid of, and that deals with the navy movement.

The good news is now I have been able to implement training in a much better fashion, but it will take some testing to see if it is reasonably balanced. I also increased the amounts that your soldiers and generals go up in melee attack and defense, as it felt like them leveling up is just not a really big deal. It will however take longer for them to do so now.

I also tweaked the diplomacy a bit more, but I have NOT implemented any extra personalities in the Charlemagne campaign.
    I probably won't either, as it is currently fully functional as is, because the default personalities of the main campaign are used in Charlemagne. It is only special difficulty based personalities that are specific to that campaign. Plus, they were never fully implemented in other areas of the Campaign AI. Therefore I see no reason for me to slave away on a minor campaign, for a bit more diversity.

I really want to include some better garrisons but at this time, I have other things I need to get done, in life. So I think that will be the next, thing I work on in the future, fortunately I have some help in this area.

I also added the Persians to have client states as well. It si a bit odd because of how the vasals were before..but it will have to do.

You guys won't believe Diplomacy! It is like a dream come true.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 13, 2017 at 05:49 PM.

OMG gentleman, I cannot believe how much this game has changed since I started this project X. I am playing the Sassanids for the first time and with the Clients states and diplomacy, they are so complex to play. You have to keep your states happy or you may really end up in dire straits quickly. Also because of the diplomacy, the AI is just great at attacking you when you piss them off. I have had some of the best defense battles yet! one I lost, I also lost invading another settlement with equal forces, because I had no artillery and not enough archers. I am play testing and checking for bugs right now, and making sure the diplomacy is working correctly in as many situations as I can test it in. Man the Persians may now be the most fun faction to play, Honestly, those of you who like to play Rome, are gonna have the crap scared out of you at the harder levels.

The AI is honoring all alliances in good standing, but if you are only neutral or less then "fogettabout it", they are gonna let you swim with the fishes.

I am serious about treachery, it is working so well now, that you better think twice about double;e crosses, because you wont get crap for deals, and the other factions will gladly turn against you if you are treacherous.

I made some preview videos of the XAI in action as a complete package!! WOW!! I am so happy to be able to show you guys this stuff in such great detail.. Thank you NVIDIA!! what a fantastic video card! The GTX 1080TI best $700 I have ever spent on my PC! It just crushes Total war titles! @2k

The video will be available sometime on Thursday, once they are uploaded and processed I will check them before posting them live. There will be 4 new videos!

One even has me withdrawing from a battle! A first for me!
    Last edited by xeryx; September 14, 2017 at 01:40 AM.

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Sorry, but where can we download XAI?

It will be available Friday if all goes well. I am releasing it on Steam, so there is only one issue that I have spotted and it deals with the navy wessels coming out of port, they cannot change stances until the next turn.

Sorry, but it seems uploading 4 videos at the same time takes forever!! Beginning to wonder if it even works ???

It seems a lot faster doing one at a time, I must need a Threadripper.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 14, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

I noticed there was a small update with Attila today, anyone have any info on that? as I would like to make sure there isn't a huge update coming?

A couple of the videos are ready for you to look at, but they are only battles. I am still waiting for part 1 of the diplomacy walk through to re-download.

The Diplomacy Preview will be posted at 6pm mst
    Last edited by xeryx; September 14, 2017 at 04:45 PM.

I think just a launcher update. Any recommended submods to use alongside when it goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
    I think just a launcher update. Any recommended submods to use alongside when it goes live?
    I will add in all the mods I use to my steam account, so when it goes live you will see all the recommended mods for XAI, use those mods to start with, then after you play for awhile you can find more mods that you will like. If you have any compatibility crashes let me know.

I have good news, XAI is ready on Steam. I need to proof my work a bit then put it public, tomorrow. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 14, 2017 at 10:04 PM.

OK guys have fun XAI is live on Steam, Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. I am wore out and need a week off, but will be periodically checking the forums. Enjoy!!

Looking forward to testing after work. I've been using Europa persona and fall of the eagles, should I disable?

Yes, for now please disable any other major mods to give me feedback. Then we can figure out what mods will work good with those mods, as I am unfamiliar.

Steam link!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1135315699

I will also post it under my downloads, once I package it up.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 15, 2017 at 09:27 AM.

Default Re: XAI: v1.09 REALEASED on Steam!

Super!
    I will check it out immediatley!

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Yes, for now please disable any other major mods to give me feedback. Then we can figure out what mods will work good with those mods, as I am unfamiliar.

Steam link!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1135315699

I will also post it under my downloads, once I package it up.
    ok thanks will do.

Default Re: XAI: v1.09 REALEASED on Steam!

first impressions: good campaign ai playing as the caledonians. One remark, aren't the units tiring too fast?

Default Re: XAI: v1.09 RELEASED on Steam!

No they shouldn't be, make sure you have the XAI battle AI enabled, as I doubled fatigue. If they go up a mountain or a hill, they will tire very fast, as in real life.

Make sure to post to proper threads. If you need to make a new one that is fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast