Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XAI: v1.09 RELEASED on Steam!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: XAI: v1.09 RELEASED on Steam!

Welcome Davewolf!! It was an update with the units, it is fixed now.

Strange thing: I wanted to trespass and invade Irland but as soon as my main army landed all its movement points disappeared. I had to declare war and attack with another army. After I captured the city the main army was able to move again...
    Hmmm, as far as sea travel to land, should use up most of your points. .I think what you experienced was the ZOC zone of control. The city prevented your movement from the one general that landed, because he did not have enough to attack city or you just were not aware. When you used second general top attack and conquer, once the siege is laid the ZOC changes. then you can move the generals.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 25, 2017 at 04:01 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Welcome Davewolf!! It was an update with the units, it is fixed now.
    Thanks for the quick response!

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

xeryx I Got to turn 40 hard as the East roman empire and am ready to give you my report of the current steam version of this mod. I had no other mods running just pure XAI.

Diplomacy: So far so good. Factions are less likely to continue a war if you sack the cities and destroy there armies. The west roman empire was expanding which was odd but they were actually using armies correctly and that was surprising as the Ai tends to just throw skirmishers and spear men at you. The Sassanid empire was smashed by the White Huns and there own satrips or at least that is what it appeared to be. other then the goths at the start and a few other small factions my empire was more or less untouched.

Battle: While the AI functioned very well trying to flank and press my infantry line. No one broke until they had suffered almost 100% casualties. out of a 160 men tier one tribes would hold on until they only had ten men left. flanked, surrounded or attacking a barricade they never wavered. Most my battles ended in a mess of tangled troops and high casualties.

Traits: I love the trait system very much.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

The moral, is boosted at the higher difficulties, Troops broke way too easy. Vanilla had no difficulty morale setting set so all battles levels were the same. That is how it is designed, if you prefer them to break more easily, then lower the battle difficulty, there is no shame. Try normal, I may need to do a slight adjustment to the moral system.

It will take some time to get the diplomacy exactly where it needs to be, but you gave a good report. If you have any thing specific with a faction, make sure to report the personalities as well.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I did numerous updates today, please look at the Stances, XDAI, XCAI, and XBAI on steam for details.

Yes, I worked my ass off today and realigned the morale system, so much for studying. This is more fun!!
    Last edited by xeryx; September 26, 2017 at 09:01 PM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

lol I won almost every battle I fought I just was not sure if the moral was intended, now that I know it was I am content. I do in fact prefer armies to break slightly easier, as well as my own because I prefer the gritty realism. Sadly with CA AI its too easy for players to exploit them into surrounding and routing them. Again I like what you are doing and keep it up. I will try to test out a new faction but that wont be for a while as im leaving town. Thanks for the quick reply!!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

You know I have been so busy and focused on so many things, that I guess I don't always hear what people are saying. I completely thought the adjustments were fine, because I like fighting down to the last man overall plus I would see units break and such. But it was the adjustments that I made to the units that made the morale too high with the old system, that compensated for the old units. Basically double morale bonus.

All is so quiet since the wh2 release..I can relax for awhile!! 2 weeks???

Thread is now closed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123