Thread: Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Default Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

You may use whatever set of commandments you think Yahweh gave. There are a number of renditions.

As for the Gnostic commandments, I offer the following.

1. You shall place no commandments above theseunless proven to be morally superior.
    2. You shall value all people as equal before thelaw. The inequality of outcome is punishment enough of itself.
    3. You shall live by the golden rule and respondwith reciprocity of harm or care to what is done to you.
    4. Use Gnosis and put logic and reason and theirproofs above faith, which by its nature has no proofs, logic or reason.
    5. You shall leave the environment in a bettercondition than what is given to you as an inheritance to your next generation.
    6. You shall not impoverish the next generation andlive according to the means you produce as their labor and wealth is theirs andnot yours to squander.

Gnostic Christianity and free thinking lost the God wars when the Orthodox Church decimated us and burned most of our scriptures. I think that Gnostic Christians had a superior set of commandments then as well as now. Those commandments were not only meant for seekers after a God but also a guide to secular law. Both secular law and Christianity seemed to ignore the second commandment of equality till our modern era. As a Gnostic Christian, I ask (rhetorically), what took the world so long to catch up to Gnostic Christian thinking and what is Islam and other backwards thinking people waiting for.

Many have a problem with the 10 commandments given by Yahweh so I thought I would see if there is a consensus of thought on the Gnostic Christian ideology as compared to the Christian ideology. The main complaints I see are that Yahweh’s commandments have created a Christian ideology that denies gays and women equality. I think all souls to be created equal and thus deserving of equal human statue and citizenship.

Others as seen in these two link have their own views and I would add that I think Yahweh’s no divorce policy, --- which Jesus confirms.--- and Yahweh’s policy of accepting bribes, ransoms or sacrifices (these a reall analogue) to alter his usual and moral policy punishing the guilty and not the innocent, --- to the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead ofthe guilty, as exemplified by his accepting Jesus as a sacrifice to save sinners whom God himself created to be sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0#t=100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop; September 11, 2017 at 04:06 PM.

Default Re: Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

From your appearances here, I've been wondering....just what the hell is Gnostic Christianity supposed to be, some rebranding of agnostic humanism to make it more appealing to Christians?

Going bit on a tangent here to answer your question. All these principles appear in human history way before Christianity, even if they weren't specifically formulated this way. The "golden rule" was one of principles of oldest known written code of laws. Many societies, for example hellenic ones, put religion on a backburner and often valued reason above it.

And don't forget one thing. Barring number 4, all of these appear in Christianity, Judaism and Islam too. They weren't always practiced though, for various reasons....well, most often people in charge found a way to dodge them. But then, they did the same for the 10 commandments....

Default Re: Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    From your appearances here, I've been wondering....just what the hell is Gnostic Christianity supposed to be, some rebranding of agnostic humanism to make it more appealing to Christians?
    We are closest in ideology to Karaite Jews and Buddhists.We do put humans above God which is where we belong. To subjugate ourselves to our own constructs is to have a slave mentality.

Christianity and Islam as both slave holding ideologies who have taken God out of man and put him in the sky and we did not.

We are following the more healthy type of Christianity that they never teach.

That teaching is basically spoken of in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRN...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Going bit on a tangent here to answer your question. All these principles appear in human history way before Christianity, even if they weren't specifically formulated this way. The "golden rule" was one of principles of oldest known written code of laws. Many societies, for example hellenic ones, put religion on a backburner and often valued reason above it.

And don't forget one thing. Barring number 4, all of these appear in Christianity, Judaism and Islam too. They weren't always practiced though, for various reasons....well, most often people in charge found a way to dodge them. But then, they did the same for the 10 commandments....
    True that I have not given anything new from a moral sense or intellectual or moral sense. There is nothing new under the sun.

The main reason I put this out here is to show that Gnostic Christianity is a religion that encourages free thinking as compared to Christianity that has no interest in educating it's adherents into what they used to call the mysteries. Hence the name mystery schools.

Their use of that word was not the same as today.

Historically, I think that Christianity is the one that did the rebranding of their religion with our ideas when Constantine bought them and gave them the power to kill off all the free thinkers of that day.

I think we used the name of Chrestian before Christianity decimated us. That word is more representative of a humanist, good person movement as compared to Christian which is a good God movement that has obviously failed to produce a good God. Gnostic Christianity produces good free thinking people and that is why Christianity used force to rid itself of a more viable religion than it's own. Rome and governments do not want free thinking people.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 12, 2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Quotes fixed.

Default If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

You have shown that you can think freely and have a decent moral sense as compared to Christians and their less than moral sense that allows them to adore a genocidal God.

John Lennon, “It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics,”

In fact, many think that the best Christians are Gnostic Christians. Even if you are an atheist, you are likely a better Christian than most Christians as their morals have been corrupted by their beliefs enough to have them adore a vile genocidal God that Gnostic Christians call demiurge. In a sense, not that she exists, but demiurge is equivalent to Satan.

Please remember that Gnostic Christians so not hold any supernatural beliefs and religiously speaking, create much more peaceful people than Christians. The Cathars were a good example of this truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4

http://thegodabovegod.com/difference-gnostic-christian/

http://thegodabovegod.com/gnostic/

Are you close to a Gnostic Christian in how you can think freely and morally?

Regards
    DL

Similar threads merged. Ethos, Mones et Monastica is a forum for debating over religious, ethical and philosophical matters, not a platform for indoctrination and proselytism. ~Abdülmecid I
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 17, 2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Warning added.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

Gnostic Christian bishop,

Wiki tells us that whatever a Jew thinks he is bound to the Torah because that is God's word to them. Anything else is just imagination as are your list of laws. As for John Lennon's comments I think anyone who can't take them with a pinch of salt are as daft as he was when he made them.

Default Re: If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Gnostic Christian bishop,

Wiki tells us that whatever a Jew thinks he is bound to the Torah because that is God's word to them. Anything else is just imagination as are your list of laws. As for John Lennon's comments I think anyone who can't take them with a pinch of salt are as daft as he was when he made them.
    For 1.
    Karaite Jews, who are not bound to the Torah belie what you put.
    Last edited by Iskar; September 21, 2017 at 01:13 PM. Reason: personal reference and disruptive copy-paste content removed

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    For 1.
    Karaite Jews, who are not bound to the Torah belie what you put.
    Gnostic Christian Bishop,

The problem you have there is that the Jews were always coming up with all sorts of ideas about God thus making them as He put it, " A disobedient nation..." Jesus explained this to members of the ruling class when He told them that they erred because they didn't know the Scriptures. That is still the case today although thankfully some just as promised are turning to God in Jesus Christ now believing that He is their Messiah.

Gnosticism is an ancient heretical series of independent writers lacking any authority or discipline. In many cases it celebrates Evil.

To consider that there is any organized Gnostic church is laughable. It's a fabricated series of nonsense.

Nice perpetual try though being a missionary trying to lead people to Hell to embrace Lucifer.

At least be honest and admit that Gnosticism is no more genuine than the Star Wars religion or Scientology. Heck, be bold and just make up your own religion.

Lest some folks think I am using polemics instead of FACTS.
    http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/...-liberator.htm
    Gnostic myths relate that Lucifer is the Messenger of the Unknowable God. We had said that this God, the greatest one, unreachable and unknowable, is unable to penetrate this limited universe of impure and satanic matter. But according to these myths, he can send someone, Lucifer. Only with a supreme sacrifice can an incredibly Spiritual and pure being of antimatter fire break through into the infernal world of this universe.

According to Gnostic legends and myths, the great Unknowable God sent Lucifer, angel of indescribable fire and light, to show man the light and to help him wake up and see his true origin, the origin of his Spirit, which has been perversely imprisoned in this impure matter called body-soul. He is an uncreated being, who came to the created world to bring Light: Liberating Gnosis. The saving knowledge which can wake man up and help him free his imprisoned Spirit. The knowledge which allows him to know who he truly is, why he is here in this world and what he has to do to liberate himself and fulfil his Spirit, which belongs to another uncreated and unknowable plane.

We have said that Lucifer came to the world to wake man up, to help him remember his divine origin, the divine origin of his Spirit, and to help him free himself from the body-soul in which he is trapped, and from created time and matter.

Gnostics consider that the biblical myth of creation can be explained as follows: the creator satan of the world trapped Adam and Eve in his miserable world, and Lucifer, in the form of a serpent, offered them the forbidden fruit of saving Gnosis, and showed them that the creator was deceiving them. In other words, the creator said to man "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." On the other hand, the Serpent said "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." The bible continued: "And the eyes of both of them were opened". It doesn't say "they both died", it says "the eyes of both of them were opened", like the Serpent had said. Later, the creator says "And now man has become as one of us, to know good and evil". The creator lied. He said that man would die if he ate the fruit, but man did not die. The Serpent was telling the truth. The creator himself ended up agreeing that the Serpent was right. More precisely, Gnostics called the demiurge a liar as well as a plagiarizer. For them, the entire creation is a failed attempt by the demiurge to imitate the unknowable world. In this way, they think that the bible itself is a complete plagiarism, based principally on pre-biblical Babylonian and Egyptian texts.
    Gnostics believe that this Serpent Lucifer is the liberator of man and the world. It is wisdom, the liberating Gnosis that wakes man up and saves him. Of course, this Messenger of the Unknowable God, Lucifer, is an opponent and an enemy of the creator of the world.
    Coupling Gnosticism with Christianity is kooky as they negate each other. What an oxymoron!
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; September 23, 2017 at 11:51 AM.

The problem you have there is that the Jews were always coming up with all sorts of ideas about God thus making them as He put it, " A disobedient nation..." Jesus explained this to members of the ruling class when He told them that they erred because they didn't know the Scriptures. That is still the case today although thankfully some just as promised are turning to God in Jesus Christ now believing that He is their Messiah.
    True. The Jews did not lay down and believe B.S. the way Christians did. They also used good arguments instead of the sword which is all Christians had.

Why are you promoting that people accept the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty instead of following scriptures that say we are all responsible for our own sins?

Why are you not accepting your own responsibility for your own evil actions?

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Gnosticism is an ancient heretical series of independent writers lacking any authority or discipline. In many cases it celebrates Evil.
    Only to those who have no clue as to what Gnostic Christianity is.
    To consider that there is any organized Gnostic church is laughable. It's a fabricated series of nonsense.
    Indeed. Who made such a claim?

Further, do you see Christianity as justified for using it's Inquisition on the many Gnostic sects it decimated?
    Nice perpetual try though being a missionary trying to lead people to Hell to embrace Lucifer.
    Get the quote on this so that people wont think you are just lying or deflecting. I certainly did not say such things.
    At least be honest and admit that Gnosticism is no more genuine than the Star Wars religion or Scientology. Heck, be bold and just make up your own religion.

Lest some folks think I am using polemics instead of FACTS.
    http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/...-liberator.htm

Coupling Gnosticism with Christianity is kooky as they negate each other. What an oxymoron!
    Let's see who is honest and who the liar is when you produce, or not, the quote I requested above.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 30, 2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Quotes fixed.

There is no Gnostic church. There were people who had heretical beliefs, that were self-contradictory, when the Bible is full of verses that support one another in remarkable ways that only thousands of years later were verified by analyzing the scriptures.
    Strike 1

There is no authority that can say,this is the authentic beliefs of the Gnostic church. It does not exist. Strike 2.

Christianity grew from a handful of people to billions over its lifetime. Despite organized Jewish and Roman and Muslim persecution plus wars, it survived and flourished. Why hasn't Gnosticism since it was a hundred times more diverse?
    Strike 3

Why consider the original rebel against YHWH to be YHWH's emmisary and genuine teacher? There is No indication of that.
    Strike 4

Rather such open rebellion is considered the definition of Evil...which is in violation of God's Law, the sayings of the prophets, and Jesus' words, and the words of his disciples.
    Strike 5
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; September 30, 2017 at 06:56 PM.

Yes, every person is personally responsible for their own sin so how does one get round that if one dies in their sin without any Saviour? Under your banner then no-one can be saved to enter heaven and so all must perish. Thankfully we have in Jesus Christ the one Person who had no sin at all meaning that His blood being pure could lay His life down to satisfy the Law on behalf of so many who couldn't. He became sin so that many might be saved and in turn receive a new life after being born again. That's the Scriptural message from Genesis to the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Yes, every person is personally responsible for their own sin so how does one get round that if one dies in their sin without any Saviour? Under your banner then no-one can be saved to enter heaven and so all must perish. Thankfully we have in Jesus Christ the one Person who had no sin at all meaning that His blood being pure could lay His life down to satisfy the Law on behalf of so many who couldn't. He became sin so that many might be saved and in turn receive a new life after being born again. That's the Scriptural message from Genesis to the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
    I think you just turned this into Pascal's Wager....nice fallacy there.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I think you just turned this into Pascal's Wager....nice fallacy there.
    Gaidin,

It's your life and your future that is at stake, so I take it that you don't care? That's fine for yourself if that's what you believe but to encourage others to think the same is silly is it not?

Gaidin,

It's your life and your future that is at stake, so I take it that you don't care? That's fine for yourself if that's what you believe but to encourage others to think the same is silly is it not?
    Pascals Wager doesn't work on people who realize there's more than one religion out there with a functional join or die threat and so realize choosing Christianity just gets us burned elsewhere. If we choose a religion we choose it because we believe in what it says.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Pascals Wager doesn't work on people who realize there's more than one religion out there with a functional join or die threat and so realize choosing Christianity just gets us burned elsewhere. If we choose a religion we choose it because we believe in what it says.
    Gaidin,

While that may be true of all the world's religion, there is only one system called Faith that can bring about all that it promises. Jesus Christ is the only Person on Whom mankind can rely on to deliver and there is enough evidence both written and experienced to justify that statement. But then man doesn't have the ability to accept what God has said nor does he deserve to as it's all down to God in His Three Persons making it possible. Pascal does not come into it in any fashion.

Think about it this way. Jesus the Christ (Yeshua Mashiach) said if you believe in me and repent of your sins, then you can be saved by grace not works and not by living a perfect life free from breaking commandments.

Which is easier? Nothing is less demanding in spirituality.

Jesus leaves us with three commandments essentially.
    1. Love YHWH with your heart, mind, and soul.
    2. Strangely enough, this is intrinsically linked to loving your neighbor as yourself.

Then to his disciples.
    The Parable of the Sheep and Goats which specifically tells them how to avoid Hell by practical methods of loving your neighbor as yourself.
    Feed the hungry.
    Give water to the thirsty.
    Visit those in prison.
    Heal the sick.
    Clothe the naked.

These are not hard to do. In fact humanism began as spiritual humanism like Erasmus. The only difference is secular humanism abandoned YHWH because they have faith that nothing created everything. Which is strange because that is not scientific whatsoever. It also is not logical.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; October 03, 2017 at 08:57 AM.

Gnostic Christianity never reveals their full game, so I guess we can only have the subjective apreciation of their higher ups.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

If man couldn't keep that which was given to Moses what chance a set of rules that are not of God? Note that the Law as given to Moses was accompanied by ritual sacrifice pointing to One Who would fullfil what these sacrifices could never do therefore the object of desire should be the One Who would do that for them. Do the gnostics have such a One?

Miles

Is this supposed to be a serious ethical debate, or a religious dick-measuring contest? Just to know where we are standing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Campylobacter jejuni View Post
    Is this supposed to be a serious ethical debate, or a religious dick-measuring contest? Just to know where we are standing here.
    Campylobacter jejuni,

Who are " we "?