Thread: Public order

Default Public order

I wonder how works the public order system in this game. Every turn it decreases, despite the size of the army in the city, the tax rate and the buildings. I occupied a settlement, 5 turn later: riots. I quit, revolt, retake it and enslave population. 8 turns later: revolt! My army is numberous than the population! Retake it, exterminate the population, and they revolt again. The city is in Egypt, my capital is Pella.

As most of the constructions in this mod are temples with bonuses, i wonder what i have to do to have peace in my cities.

Default Re: Public order

There are many factors affecting public order.
    One of the most important is distance from the capital.
    Pella is quite distant from Egypt and there is also a cultural malus.
    If you were able to move your capital to Athens or Rhodes, that should already help.

Then there are other factors. Some buildings have negative bonuses. So check the description of the buildings in your city.

You should also check your temple bonuses, since some do nothing on public order. Some temples may even have negative bonuses, especially those related to underworld or monotheistic gods.

Finally watch your leaders influence bonus. In some case it may quickly decrease.

The ancillaries they get may also be tricky. A number of ancillaries have negative effects on public order. Usually this is indicated in the description, but for some very treacherous individuals it is hidden. You have no chance to see it except when you move your leaders in and out of your city or change ancillaries from one to another.

All this means that you need influential leaders with good ancillaries to go on a long-distance conquest. When an influential leader dies in a distant city the riot is almost inevitable.

Have fun!
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Ok i see, but why in two turns it can decrease from satisfied to riots, while i'm building temples or baths and this kind of stuff. It decreases so fast, i'm a bit disappointed.

Thank you for your answer Philadelphos.

Hi Fenriz,

This game is designed to create difficulties to the player. Many others complain that it's sometimes too calm and easy.

It certainly helps if you have played the vanilla version for a while. But then, if you have taken your offensive from Pella to Egypt, you're not doing bad at all.

I never came so far. But maybe that's due to my playing style which is more a balance of power strategy.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Ok i will deal with it, like a man. Thank you for taking the time to answer. I'll try to change my way of playing, maybe it's the thing to do.