Thread: No Pikemens as Scotland?

Default No Pikemens as Scotland?

I tried everything, turn 30, there's no single way to get a scot pikemen (Even the weakest one i couldn't find), searched the Buildings thing and there's no buildings that i can recruit pikemens from.

The only reason i'm playing as Scotland is those damn pikemens but still can't find even the weakest one (1Attack 1Defense 0Charge).

And before anyone ask, Nope, i don't use Real Recruitment.

Any tips on whats happening, how can i get those pikemens and which building?

Default Re: No Pikemens as Scotland?

You said turn 30?
    Which age are you playing in?
    If its early age you may have to wait until recruitment for them opens at a specific year.
    I dont know which year it is, but that sounds like the problem.

Like for England, even in late age, you have to wait like year 1270 before you can start recruiting longbowmen.

Historically, Scotland developed those long pikes over time to counter the English heavy cavalry (though it wasn't an invention of William Wallace as Mel Gibson implied , since Scotland had far fewer horses then England had in the south. So... mid 1200's sounds about right.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; September 10, 2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    You said turn 30?
    Which age are you playing in?
    If its early age you may have to wait until recruitment for them opens at a specific year.
    I dont know which year it is, but that sounds like the problem.

Like for England, even in late age, you have to wait like 50 turns before you can start recruiting longbowmen.
    But i don't use real recruitment nor area recruitment and that kind of thing.
    Mine is like this, you have the building, you recruit.
    Turn 5 and England already have some sergeants and man at arms from nottingham.
    If you have the castle you can straight up build a upgraded barracks and recruit man at arms or feudal knights, there's no limitation to that kind of thing, just have the building and then u can recruit, i searched everywhere and there's no building that allows the recruit of Pikemens

If you're telling me that i have to wait 50 turns to recruit the WEAKEST Pikemen (Stats similar to a peasant) then i'm probably quitting Scotland, by turn 50 my enemies will all have armored units and good archers.

Since i can't edit or remove the Thread here's what happened.

For some odd reason, no matter how i changed the options on the Setup, it didn't affect the game, the mod ''Locked'' all settings and even when i marked Disable Real Recruitment, it didn't apply in the game, i had to uninstall and install again to make it work.

Problem Resolved...

lakota's Avatar Libertus

Biggest issue here is Scotland only has one militia unit to work with, which royally screws it over as you need 2-3 stacks to counter one unit of English heavy infantry, they flee immediately

In my Scotland campaign I didn't get pikes until the William Wallace script was triggered. 2 full stacks with loads of pikes, but still can't recruit them.