Thread: Attila Total War Ultimate Glitches and bug thread!

Default Attila Total War Ultimate Glitches and bug thread!

Link to the original Thread and aditional feedback from the comunity > https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...hread/p1?new=1

Hello Im very displeased with the abandoning of Attila. I was waiting to play the game with all the patches and with no bugs. Unfortunately after the Empire of sands patch bugs starting to pile up. Now the game have many glitches left, that are very annoying for me and for other people. I was forced to replace several files from 1.3 to 1.6 version to avoid some of them and this is ridiculous. I started this thread so it is easily to track. Please CA fix this issues they were not in the game in launch. I like warhammer and i know you focus all your man power their but I prefer historical total war titles and many people do. It will be long time before new historical game and the current one is left unfinished. Patches addressing this issues are needed. I'm sure. I will find more bugs and I will post them in this thread. I`m log term supporter of the series from the beginning and I waited many years to play the next Roman era games and the next one may be 10 years a head or never. You dedicated many hours and work on this games don't abandon them in this state. I will support only products that are finished and polished like shogun and napoleon.

Graphics Issue

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Campaign lighting issue
    After the Empire of sands patch the lighting in the campaign did not change with the climate or seasons. The lighting before the patch was dark and moody with post apocalyptic atmosphere. The weather also did not change, in winter there supposed to be snowing instead there is rain in the winter in Britain and nowhere in the map is raining or snowing anymore. I find temporary solution for this, after replacing terrain.pack 1.6 with 1.3 the game have proper lighting and atmosphere but The Ma'rib Dam is missing from the campaign map because I replace the geometry also with this sollutin and patch is needed fixing this issue.

link to the thread > https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...paign-lighting
    link to second thread > https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...modding#latest

2. The Last Roman Campaign map Province glitch.
    The province of tangaste lost her faction color

link to the thread > https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...litch/p1?new=1

3.Issue with dIstortion heat haze Effect in the game
    I find that Heat haze no longer working I try every season in the desert and different locations and the effect is missing. The effect is missing in the campaign map also. I want to point that this issue is still present in Rome II but only during the summer again in the desert effect is missing there.

4. Eastern Roman Tagmata Calvary missing armor
    Tagmata calvary have horse armor also in the unit card, but after the latest patch the armor disappear from the horse and you can still see it in the unit card.

5. Shadow combine with MSAA bug
    When MSAA is on and you look close to the ground and buildings the shadows disappear and reappear glitching

6. Shadow flickering
    This is a problem new to Attila. When you move the camera the shadows flicker like crazy. Rome have the same cascade shadows but didn't have this issue.

Link to Issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhU5FVS7c1s

7. Rome Imperial Palace glitches
    Here are some screenshots showing geometry problems in the Imperial Palace in Rome with a closer look you can see the problems, the geometry is deformed.

8. Constantinopole Palace glitch
    Similar problem, the ground geometry stretches and deformes

9. No reflections in water.
    The game have space grid reflections. but they are very low res compared to Warhammer. This make them almost non existent in water
    It is clearly visible and in night battles the fire is not reflected in the water, but he is a light source so he should be visible the most.

I made a fake fire reflection to show a comparison and how should look.

10. Sea foam effect mask issue
    The issue here is clearly visible there is a issue with the alpha mask of the foam overriding the 3d model and preventing the effect of fading to the depth of the keel of the ship. The water reflection is extremely low res and need more quality water reflection similar to Shogun 2.

11. langobards young wolves texture issue
    The problem is that when you move the camera a random texture pop up in the upper screenshot the shields looks like they supposed to be but when rotating the camera a random pattern reappear.

12. Bastion Icon glitch
    After you deploy all of the bastion catapults on the wall, the icon supposed to disappear like for the other fortification but the bastion icon still prompt that you didn`t deploy them

13. Shadows disappear in campaign map
    When you finish a battle and the animation of the soldier play when one kill the other the shadows are missing and reappear after you take control. This issue is only preset id you use unlimited memory option if you turn i off the issue is not there but this downgrade the visuals.

Gameplay Issues

1. Roman dialogue missing
    The problem is all roman related dialogue were removed because of the Charlamagne DLC conflict with western christian factions in the DLC. This result led to breaking the roman factions dialogue in the main game. CA fix this is an issue. This is clearly a bug. Units like the Legio comitatenses used to mention the Empire or the Emperor.
    This is a line from the patch CA did and
    "Western European Christian nation voiceover occasionally refers to Rome when referencing themselves/their enemies."

Link to the thread > https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...gue-bug#latest

2. Shift attack Issue
    With shift attack you can draw path in Attila and this works but when you locked your units in formation the, the units have problem with the pathfinding they constantly stop at every corner of the curve and move very slowly and sluggishly, i suppose this is problem when the soldiers wait any one to be in line but the must move flawlessly after that instead they stop in any little corner of the curve to realign.

3. ERE armies referred themselves as fleet not armies when selected and given orders

4. Playing as WRE and when you kill enemy army and the general there is no immediate popup message in the log window about the battle. Instead when you make some action like end turn the massage appear over the end turn phase. The issue also randomly appear after some action in the map or exiting the tabs.

Performance Issues

When Attila was release for me and many other people the game have serious performance issues during battles. I made a research to find the problem in the past month when I bought 980 TI, I was still disappointed to find a problems even when I clock my cpu 2600k to 4.7ghz.

The benchmark did not address big battles and cannot accurately show the problem. The issue that many people have is when the battle start and army collide the fps tank to 15 fps on even latest processors and top cards. Before the battle the fps stays around 60 fps even when the two army face each other and did not charge. When the battle starts and the soldiers begin to fight and animations and AI start to calculate, then the fps drop. When the battle progress looks like the CPU cache did not clear and even when all of the soldiers are dead the fps is still around 15 fps. When you look close even from bird eye view the fps drop around 25 30 fps when look at the battlefield. I find that the problem are the dead bodies. When I select best performance for the unit details the fps is very playable even on huge battles around 45 fps zoomed in. When you change unit details from extreme to performance there is no fps change because the drop of fps is not the unit LOD but the dead bodies.

I suggest an options for dead body fade over time similar to units fade. Thats way you can have unit details on extreme and still have the gore animations and good LOD distance and the same time good fps. The body will disappear slowly over time and let say 70-80% of them will disappear and small portion will be left for immersion.

If this option is toggle will resolve the problem most people have with the current systems they have. There is no need to downgrade the buildings and environment detail or soldiers LOD. In the future when people upgrade their pc they just will disable the option, and if you downgrade the unit detail now they wont have that option. Please Introduce dead body fade toggle option and after a while they will disappear and some bodies will stay.

1. Link to the original thread > https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ormance-issues

Similarly to my Rome II post this option can be implemented the same way.

Last edited by Frunk; September 07, 2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Spoilers added for easier viewing.

Default Re: Attila Total War Ultimate Glitches and bug thread!

Re: the Young Wolves, I might add that the bosses on their shields look mismatched. They seem to have two bosses, one on top of the other.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Unfortunately CA won't listen to this thread, nor this forum. They abandoned TWC for their own forum shortly after Empire and what not.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

I managed to get my hands on a 1.3 terrain.pack and indeed, the first visual bug you show here is solved !
    So good to get back the nice campaign map.
    I quickly tried to see the differences and like I guessed in this topic (https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ing-by-modding) "environment_collection.xml" file is different in 1.6 pack. This .xml document is not linked to the same files as in 1.3 pack and there's even a difference about climate over england that could explain why it's only raining/snowing over england in the 1.6 version of the game.

Someone (maybe you) mentionned that a dam is missing on the campaign map with the 1.3 pack but strangely, I saw nothing related to this in the pack files. I'll have a closer look since I checked this quickly.
    Anway, even if CA don't fix the bugs, maybe we'll be able to do it.