Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [submod] Slower AI Expansion

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [submod] Slower AI Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    testing it now with new campaign as rome
    Νice. Let us know about the results.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 13, 2017 at 02:03 PM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Νice. Let us know about the results.
    after 25 turns 2much occupy by the AI. so i'm changing the value is even higher. maybe this helps

after 25 turns 2much occupy by the AI. so i'm changing the value is even higher. maybe this helps
    Sounds about right. But we don't wanna make things completely static, right ???

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Sounds about right. But we don't wanna make things completely static, right ???
    well no but if the Basileion Odryson already attack Pella and has conquered trace in 30 turns then there is still something to work on.
    Basileion Odryson makes the nazi look like childeren atm

well no but if the Basileion Odryson already attack Pella and has conquered trace in 30 turns then there is still something to work on.
    ΑFAIK The Odrysian Kingdom is quite the expansionist in the base mod as well.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

ΑFAIK The Odrysian Kingdom is quite the expansionist in the base mod as well.
    yes but this mod should stop that. happend with original but not but the modified version. so little tweakers are needed. is it not possible to split default and give them corresponding names like hellentic?
    or does this not work?

This working alongside Cultural Tensio is really good! Actually may ensure that my campaign may even reach into 50BC era, who knows. I have to agree with you two on the Odrysian Kingdom, they are highly expansionist. +Rep Ciaagent11, Mepper and Joysong!

Mepper's Avatar Foederatus

I'm quite happy with my results so far. I'm playing as Antigonidai, and about 15 turns in. Rome is the only one really expanding (well, besides me ), and is already conquering it's way into Illyria. The amount of notifications about new factions rising has also diminished significantly.

This really shouldn't happen. If the decision the AI makes is truly random, there is a 20% chance for the Odrysians to take over a town (has one point in both raze and occupy, assuming they count as barbarian) when they defeat it's garrison. If it took al other cities in Thrace, that's a 0.8% of them deciding to take all the cities... (Unless sack, which they should have a 60% chance of doing also takes over the town, which I thought it didn't.)

And I don't think we can split the faction groups, but if we could that would be amazing. Is there something who has more experience in modding who knows?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    This working alongside Cultural Tensio is really good! Actually may ensure that my campaign may even reach into 50BC era, who knows. I have to agree with you two on the Odrysian Kingdom, they are highly expansionist. +Rep Ciaagent11, Mepper and Joysong!
    thx good 2 know that you like it!

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mepper View Post
    I'm quite happy with my results so far. I'm playing as Antigonidai, and about 15 turns in. Rome is the only one really expanding (well, besides me ), and is already conquering it's way into Illyria. The amount of notifications about new factions rising has also diminished significantly.

This really shouldn't happen. If the decision the AI makes is truly random, there is a 20% chance for the Odrysians to take over a town (has one point in both raze and occupy, assuming they count as barbarian) when they defeat it's garrison. If it took al other cities in Thrace, that's a 0.8% of them deciding to take all the cities... (Unless sack, which they should have a 60% chance of doing also takes over the town, which I thought it didn't.)

And I don't think we can split the faction groups, but if we could that would be amazing. Is there something who has more experience in modding who knows?

sadly it did happen. i've changed some value's higher than 5 to 7 or 8. maybe this helps

I did some digging in the files and some testing, and I found I can make more than those 4 groups There are currently 45 subgroups of factions, which each get assigned to one of the four occupation decision groups. I'm pretty sure that means I can make 45 different occupation decission groups, each with unique priorities. I will get to work, but this is going to take some time.

sadly it did happen. i've changed some value's higher than 5 to 7 or 8. maybe this helps
    I think it won't help, I think the Odrysians are a celtic faction, and if so, their occupation decision group is Roman. That kind of explains why they are so expansionist. I tried to make only Rome expand, but apparently a lot more factions than just Rome count as "roman".

I did some digging in the files and some testing, and I found I can make more than those 4 groups There are currently 45 subgroups of factions, which each get assigned to one of the four occupation decision groups. I'm pretty sure that means I can make 45 different occupation decission groups, each with unique priorities. I will get to work, but this is going to take some time.

I think it won't help, I think the Odrysians are a celtic faction, and if so, their occupation decision group is Roman. That kind of explains why they are so expansionist. I tried to make only Rome expand, but apparently a lot more factions than just Rome count as "roman".
    Nice work.
    You should be careful with culture groups though and their occupation decisions, cause a little change may affect the behavior of many factions, as you have said.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

1: I did some digging in the files and some testing, and I found I can make more than those 4 groups There are currently 45 subgroups of factions, which each get assigned to one of the four occupation decision groups. I'm pretty sure that means I can make 45 different occupation decission groups, each with unique priorities. I will get to work, but this is going to take some time.

2: I think it won't help, I think the Odrysians are a celtic faction, and if so, their occupation decision group is Roman. That kind of explains why they are so expansionist. I tried to make only Rome expand, but apparently a lot more factions than just Rome count as "roman".
    1: cool maybe we can fix it 2gether? split the numbers? PM me if you wish so (with instructions)

2: thx. well that doesn’t makes sense to me or any roman. But it really does clear it up.

You should really work together and compile this guys.
    As you submods are targeting for the same results.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

You should really work together and compile this guys.
    As you submods are targeting for the same results.
    yes maybe we can bundle Cultrial Tensio with this. still make separate versions available. because some peeps don't want the affects on internal faction dynamics, the integration process and governance.

I'm working on it with Joysong now. We should have about 35-40 different faction groups for the main campaign, each customized. Splitting the occupation groups really seems to work, and causes no crashes as of yet.

I have a few questions though:
    -How do I know what factions groups in DeI_cai_personalities contain which factions? (And is it possible to create more groups?)
    -I saw someone in youtube video posting a video of like a timeline in which you can see very fast how factions evolve. If we somehow could get access to that that would really help a lot with balancing out the values.

So in order to find what personality the factions are, you have to look in very confusing area of the startpos. Its in Compressed data/campaign_env/campaign_model/cai_interface/cai_world/cai_factions . You will have to refernce the normal Faction array part and find the corresponding correct entry, because the numbers are all different here inside the arrays. Go to cai_world_factions - # / cai_faction/cai_faction_personality. Thats the setting. I know its confusing and its really hard to play with.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

yes maybe we can bundle Cultrial Tensio with this. still make separate versions available. because some peeps don't want the affects on internal faction dynamics, the integration process and governance.
    Τhat'd be quite nice.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    So in order to find what personality the factions are, you have to look in very confusing area of the startpos. Its in Compressed data/campaign_env/campaign_model/cai_interface/cai_world/cai_factions . You will have to refernce the normal Faction array part and find the corresponding correct entry, because the numbers are all different here inside the arrays. Go to cai_world_factions - # / cai_faction/cai_faction_personality. Thats the setting. I know its confusing and its really hard to play with.

thx dresden for this info!.

I'm working on it with Joysong now. We should have about 35-40 different faction groups for the main campaign, each customized. Splitting the occupation groups really seems to work, and causes no crashes as of yet.

I have a few questions though:
    -How do I know what factions groups in DeI_cai_personalities contain which factions? (And is it possible to create more groups?)
    -I saw someone in youtube video posting a video of like a timeline in which you can see very fast how factions evolve. If we somehow could get access to that that would really help a lot with balancing out the values.
    Sounds very promising!!! Thank you very much to both for your efforts, and keep up the nice work. Cheers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast