Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leon's IBFD 7.03a version

Default Leon's IBFD 7.03a version

Hello fellow IB lovers!

I am a great fan of the IB series and eversince I discovered those awesome series of mods I loved the world of Late Antiquity even more. For several years I tried to improve IBFD, and basing on that mod I learned to mod a little bit. Unfortunately most of those changes were lost in a Hard Disc crash. From last spring I started all over again and I did better version of IBFD and with the help of Julianus Heraclius and Joar, I did manage to make some changes on the mod

Download link:

Leon's IBFD 7.03a version

Alternate link

Installation instructions:
    extract file to RTW directory, create shortcut of BI.exe, right click on shortcut and add after "...BI.exe" -mod:ibfd -show_err
    Press Ok and enjoy!
    It is not save game compatible

Changes:
    Added new religions Arianism, Nestorianism, Monophysitism (With great help of Julianus Heraclius)
    Visigoths, Ostrogoths and Vandals are Arian factions
    Lakhmids have Nestorian elements
    Hadrian's Wall implanted on Britain
    Added some historical buildings & places that were to be in 7.04 and 7.05 versions respectively
    Romano-British faction strength greatly reduced
    Unit stats, costs and sizes (at least some 75-85%) are tailored according to IB SAI
    ERE and Sassanids start as allies
    City models, Characters cards and menu designs are from IB SAI (courtesy of Joar & Julianus Heraclius)
    Excubitor added to ERE(From Fall of Rome - Credit to Fall of Rome TW)
    Imperial German Bodyguard added to WRE
    Historical battles of Vouille, Daras and Casilinum added (The last two not entirely functional)

Credits given to:
    Julianus Heraclius, Joar, and Gaiten

Also congratulations to the original creators of this awesome mods: Ramon Gonzales y Garcia, Attila Reloaded and Mylae and everyone else who contributed to that.

Known bugs (they will be fixed):
    New religion buildings have placeholder cards (I will fix them once I will be freed from RL issues)
    Epic wall have ui cards messed up

What will be done in 7.03b version:
    The recruitment tree will be made along IB SAI lines
    New religious buildings will get proper ui icons
    More historical characters will be added
    Slightly different composition of starting armies
    Last edited by Leon Katakalon; September 04, 2017 at 03:38 AM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Leon's IBFD 7.03a version

Congratulation.

However, I do not get the download working properly.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

What kind of problem do you have? With mega.nz? I am uploading that currently to mediafire

Yes, with mega.nz. It was downloading for some time and then stopped with an error message.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

In my case the first link works.

Tell me your impressions guys

My first impressions are positive, a nice mod of the classic.

Nice, I will keep improving it step by step and it will have a piecemeal release. BTW I need to rework the historical battles, in the lost edition I had Arelate, Placentia, Solachon and Qadisiyah and I get a consistent problem of not being in the position to have both factions playable...

Looks very good! Congrats! I look forward to trying it out.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Thanks !

Will check this out when i have free time !

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I get a CTD whenever i try to start a campaign
    (Fix edit, managed to get the campaign to work by reinstalling the mod)
    Last edited by Thg170; September 10, 2017 at 06:39 PM.

Finally someone 'revives' this classic mod! Downloading now. Any feedback on stability? I've recently installed the original IBFD 7 and I'd say it's rock solid (as far as CTDs or other bugs go). If your submod is stable, it will surely breathe new life in IBFD!

It is a standalone version. As far as I know there not any bugs currently. If there are any report it here. I am keeping improving it.

I have found some minors, still collecting them till I can mail you a summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    It is a standalone version. As far as I know there not any bugs currently. If there are any report it here. I am keeping improving it.
    Just installed the mod and started a WRE campaign. The immediate changes I noticed are exactly the ones I would've liked to see in IBFD (like camp map city looks), and some of them I had personally used in my orig IBFD 7 install (movement points, for example). Something that seemed to be missing was a 'sound+music mod' or at least a music-only mod. I installed the IBFD SoundMod and it worked for both music and sounds!

However, on end-turn I realized there is no 4pty script installed, a must for IBFD, at least for me. Then of course the Visigoths didn't 'Sack Rome' via the other script (this one is not that important). Those were optionals in IBFD 7, I believe. So my question are those scripts compatible with 7.03, like I used the SoundMod?

I also noticed some minor bugs, mainly buildings having a barracks icon. I'll keep an eye for other minor stuff, too

Edit: Okay, seems 'Sack of Rome' script causes CTD. I'll try using only 4pty... hope it works!
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; September 13, 2017 at 05:14 PM.

I picked up Rome Total War Gold Edition during the Steam sale so I'll give it a shot, I have fond memories of the 'original.'

EDIT: Why were "horde_min_units" and "horde_max_units" added to descr_sm_factions? That feature is not supported.

I'm using Steam, I will try to modify the launcher via Steam. If it works I would like you to add that as a note to the installation to save others the headache.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; September 13, 2017 at 05:26 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Okay, so if you use Steam you can have multiple mod folders but even if you fix the shortcut the game doesn't know that the mod-foldered mod (since we're dealing with a more primitive system than that of M2TW) is supposed to use the .exe. Yes, it makes no sense, but that's the way it is. Seems to be a more general problem.

So if using Steam you need to go into the Properties -> Launch options and THEN add that extension to the options. A bit of a pain in the backside but I don't have another solution. You will need to do this for each Barbarian Invasion mod, not sure if it applies to regular mods too.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

One thing this is missing are Arian churches to go along with the Arian religion, as there's currently no way for Alaric's Visigoths to convert to Arian aside from characters. Which went fine for one turn down in Sicily before I took my armies to conquer Italian territory.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quick question,
    Is there a 4tpy script in this?
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

Unfortunately not. I will fix it in the next version.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast