Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Leon's IBFD 7.03a version

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Leon's IBFD 7.03a version

Same I haven't had any real problems as WRE during a campaign
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hmm hello again Saul I never use autosave and quicksaves too, so what caused that CTD is still a mystery... Playing WRE campaign now to test again

@Aexodus, thanks for the command tip will try if something like this happens again. Good to know it isn't the script or the mod itself. So it must be me not activating the script or not installing properly

EDIT: Okay everyone, the CTD issue is now official. It's not just the Picts, it can happen with the Slavs, too (onEnd-turn in Winter 411 AD, after they defeat a Rebel army near their capital). The surrender_regions command made them 'in flight' but did not solve the crash. No matter, it's more than clear I need to install the whole mod all over again.

Confirmed: It never occurred to me, but the culprit seems to be Ihatemondays' sound mod (or rather the 'IBRR 8.0 Revolutions' edition of the sound mod. It's been known to cause problems and also it seems to be working well only with IBFD 7.03 vanilla and no other mod version out there (it modifies more than sounds?). Anyway, I can now get past the year 411 without CTD. I am now seriously considering playing vanilla 7.03 because it seems to handle the sound mod and it is a crucial immersion breaker to have vanilla music and sounds in IBFD.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 16, 2018 at 11:25 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by NotNapoleon View Post
    I've followed the launch instructions and got the mod to launch. However, it crashes while loading with the horde_min_units and horde_max_units not supported error. I've tried deleting these lines from descr_sm_factions but they reappear everytime. What am I to do?
    as I've fallen in the same trap but found a solution this is the answer for the future players: the problem is the shortcut created leads to RTW, not RTW:BI. If you run BI, it works perfectly fine.

BTW, is the Armenian fix available anywhere on the web?

cheers
    JoC

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Not sure if this is still being worked on. But I'm fairly certain I've fixed the issue with the Epic walls, at least for the Roman's anyhow. Just copy and paste the file bellow into you ibfd/data folder and overwrite it.
    Am contemplating rustling up some icons for the new religious buildings, but I don't know I can really be bothered and my knowledge of modding RTW is very limited so I have no idea where to begin.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by isa0005; November 07, 2018 at 10:56 PM.

Does this mod contain or is it compatible with the "Optional Downloads" in here?

This mod contains some aspects of the Optional Downloads such as of Ihatemondays graphical updates, such as the military forts and the Hadrian's Wall. Unfortunately, the Armenia submod is nowhere to be found. Give me feeedback regarding the mod, what shall I add and how it functions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Leon Katakalon; November 24, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've played Armenian faction with SAI some time ago and reported on it here.
    I recall two things though that were not the best: the AI behaviour on the map (large armies walking through my kingdom without attacking anybody) and the easy you can beat the enemy with the arrows (you just stay and your guys shoot - and the AI would flee).

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Any news for next version?
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I am thinking to add more units and replace some old looking units, especially for the Germanic factions. I plan to add the recruiting system of the foederati which exists in SAI. However I cannot fix the AI problems. I will fix some issues with the religious buildings.

Playing as the Vandals and I can't build Arian religious buildings in Italy specifically Syracuse, is this an issue with religious buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by MiloDasOrange View Post
    Playing as the Vandals and I can't build Arian religious buildings in Italy specifically Syracuse, is this an issue with religious buildings?
    I'm pretty certain it's on purpose though

No my reworking of the mod is not compete due to work with other mods.

I have your mod Leon, it is great, one of my favorite, only because the game itself is a classic. I can remember when it first came out. The game is perfect as it is. Your changes are slight and tbh I don't really see much of a change. Old games like this just get better over time as they keep getting tweaked and altered
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234