Thread: Units Ahead of Time

Default Units Ahead of Time

Hey guys, I'm playing SS 6.4 as France with BGR IV. I'm only in 1161, and Spain is rolling out men-at-arms. Is this normal? I thought they weren't available until later.

Default Re: Units Ahead of Time

There are two possibilities for the AI to receive units ahead of time:

1. Depending on the difficulty of the campaign, the AI receives scripted reinforcements. Sometimes those stacks contain units that are not yet available.

2. Rebels that are spawning randomly sometimes also contain units that are not yet available, the AI can bribe those rebels to join their armies.

Do you play at a slower pace than usual? When I do, a Citadel will give the enemy factions (and myself) men-at-arms when you get to the "plate armour" event. Irritating, I wanna mod it to a certain date (1400ish), but don't know how.
    "Alea iacta est"

Maybe my install is broken, I captured a Citadel and it could produce Men-At-Arms in 1191 :/

Bumping it. As far as the regular units go, I am playing with real recruitment disabled. So the men at arms coming out so early isn't a problem :/

I ran into a moorish army in 1196 with camel gunners. With real recruitment disabled, gunpowder can just be built before the gunpowder event now?

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    Yes
    Awesome, thanks!