Thread: Cannot for the life of me get the game to work...

Default Cannot for the life of me get the game to work...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=517318177

I follow all the steps listed here to a T, and still when I try to launch the game, I get a black screen and then the message there is a problem, before the whole thing shuts down. It's really annoying, I've unistalled and reinstalled several times with no luck. Any advice?

Default Re: Cannot for the life of me get the game to work...

Where is the location of your main Medieval II Total War folder? The correct folder path.

What OS do you have: Win 7, 10, 8 ?

Have you downloaded and installed TATW 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2, and TATW 3.2 Patch?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

The main Total War folder is located under This Pc/Windows (C/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval 2 Total War.

I'm working with windows ten. Each time I download and install TATW 3.0 part 1, TATW 3.0 part 2, and TATW 3.2 Patch, in that order, in the mod folder, with no luck.

You are having an issue with UAC (user account control ).

What you need to do is either :

- take ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder (google for: How to take ownership of a folder in Windows 10)

- or, move your whole Medieval II TW folder somewhere else on your HDD, as long as it is not located in Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder.

Then, install all TATW Installers by selecting the location of your NEW/ or OLD (if you haven't moved your folder) Medieval II Total War folder as a destination for the installation.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks!

Windows Ten sucks...

After installing TATW files, be sure to set both of your kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe (applications) to be run in Windows 7 compatibility mod, since Win 10 has issues with the old M2TW game engine.

Good luck!