Thread: My first Impression with EP

Default My first Impression with EP

Hi,

at first i wanna thank you Modders of EP for this nice Game Improvement. As every Total War Game, ive never played Vanilla, waiting 2-3 Years and looking for some Nice Mods and after some Weeks Atilla Gaming i finally found one, Europa Perdita!
    Playing yesterday my first Campaign with EP, FotE and 12TYP Mod and it was my best Experience with ATW. No Stack Spam, Short on Money in the Early Game, No 20 Turn Falling Eagles WRE etc.

For my Second EP Try ive choosen the Langobeards at N/N Difficulty, the First Try was good too with one of the Slavic Faction too check out the for me New Mod it was too much Stress, every Turn ive to defend my Borders against many Migrated Factions, really nice but too much for my first Try, i coming back later and beat em. lol
    In my Langobeards Save ive played until Turn 100 - 110. In the First ca. 10 Turn Researching to get Onagers and start my Migration, making some or more Rampage in Gaul and went to South Hispania and settled in Malaca to build up my Germanic Empire. That was really much Fun, it can be Harder but it was ok. In Tigris (North Africa) i liberate Hispania and hope they dont wanna settle to the North, they do not do and stayed in Africa, they get at War with the African Factions, but dont take their Regions. Thats my First Point of the coming Question.

THe Mauri were mostly Passive and while Im conquering Hispania slowly the Vandals take one Region in North of Carthago Nova, no Problem they were Peaceful otherwise my Axes have said Hello. after Many Turns the Situation is looking like this...

As i told id conquered with my Horde early in this Save in Gaul to Kick some of the WRE Regions, liberate one Gaul Region and went to the South of Hispania, on my Way to the South ive destroyed some WRE Regions, the Last 2 Regions ive destroyed are the Center of Hispania. One of it is my own now but all other are untouched, the Vandals only Robbing / Looting a bit at the WRE Civil War Faction. My Hispania Friends in Tigris are fighting at bit but do not more, no Region Capturing etc.
    The Gauls are much more active then the Other and fighting against WRE and taken 1 more Region.

Im at War with WRE, ERE, Africa, Mauri and some Factions ive never seen, the Roman Vassals. Whats happend to the AI Factions, i dont think that im so good that they feared me. In the Early Settlement Period as i settled in Malaca i always was hoping dont let the Big Bad Romans come to kick me to Walhalla, they Never come but all other dont coming too. ^^

Is this Situation normal cuz the Normal Difficulty, they are a bit more Active on Hard Difficulty?

That was my Main Question but i have 2 more.

Can i deactivate the Movement Cost as Horde to build a Camp thats not a big Problem but i was going on my Nerves when i go with a Troop one Step to much and cannot build up my Camp. Is there a PFM Method to deactivate it?
    Next and Last Question, I wanna play anytime with Axum but their Starting Position arent the Best and i would going to Carthage with em, how can i Migrate em, maybe a Easy PFM Method too?

Ok Guys, thanks for reading, hope you can enlight me a bit and a Good Weekend for you! )

Regards

Default Re: My first Impression with EP

Camp as Horde, found it by myself.
    For others Guys that wanna know it: PackFileManager, in EuropaPerdita.pack db --> sta_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables --> sta_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions

att_bundle_stance_army_settlement_horde --- Effect Key: att_effect_force_all_campaign_stance_ap_cost ---- 25->0

There is quite a bit of random chance, but I think the AI will also be a bit more aggressive on harder difficulties, especially the Hunnic AI.

As far as your last question, what's bad about Axum's starting location? I played a campaign as them a while ago, and it was pretty fun. There's no easy PFM method to move a faction to start somewhere else really, as you'd have to edit the startpos quite significantly, and that's not a simple job. Anyway if you really want, just start a campaign as Axum, raze all your cities, and be a horde faction until you get to Carthage. But then you'll miss out on some of Axum's unique faction events that unlock certain units...

Thanks for Answering. =)

I play on VH now, Turn 37, Langobeards and Horde again and i see WRE and all other become much more cheeky, not only to me, there´s much more Action but more Dangerous too. lol
    Its alot of Fun in any Case.
    That the AI is operating Random is really nice, i keep a bit distance to the Huns, Im not sure where i wanna go with my LangoHorde this Time, enjoying the Action around me and keep alive while i go on Rampage through the Different Countries. =)

Axum is Fun too you said? Ok, i will try em anytime, heard about their Sniper Archery and wanna see it in Action. =)
    The Axum were just a Example, i was wondering, in Vanilla and other Mods too, the Desert Tribes ive seen dont have the "Start Migrate" Button and anytime i try to raze the Last Region, it was with Himjab i think, dont know it, the Troops get damaged and cannot build Camps like the other Hordes, i think they cannot be a real Horde or?
    The Events you´ve talked about, this not only at Axum? The other Settled Factions have Events too?

Regards =)

All the "Empires of Sand" DLC factions have some special mechanics. Axum has a unique quest chain that tasks you with capturing all the spice ports on the map to unlock unique units to recruit from them.

And they can form hordes as usual, as far as I'm aware. The Tanukhids start as a horde, of course. If that's not working properly, I guess it's a bug that no one's noticed until now.

Sounds interessting what you´re talking about, doing something to get the Units, nice Idea. I think after enjoying my Langobeard Save i go into the ERE / Sassanids Crossfire into the Desert. lol

Thanks Dude. =)