View Poll Results: What is your favorite mini-faction?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men of Ysmirr

1 20.00%
  • House Vexille

0 0%
  • Varia Seats

0 0%
  • The Temperate Ones

1 20.00%
  • Order of the Valiant Knights

1 20.00%
  • Blessed Armada of Deliverance

0 0%
  • Sons of Areus

2 40.00%

Thread: What is your favorite mini-faction?

Default What is your favorite mini-faction?

Men of Ysmirr
    House Vexille
    Varia Seats
    The Temperate Ones
    Order of the Valiant Knights
    Blessed Armada of Deliverance
    Sons of Areus

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: What is your favorite mini-faction?

Messed with all but gotta say for me it have to be the Sons of Areu. I love their starting position

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

I don't know, I have not played. Doubt I will play it much since I am focusing on other games but I wanted to check it out since I have played THERA for 462 hours, I am so used to it's UI and faction names so I just wanted to check out this refresh.

This is the most annoying mod/submod I have downloaded in my history with playing Total War games and I have played over 10 mods in my time for Rome Total War/Barbarian Invasion and Med2 Kingdoms Mods. I have had 3 black screens of deaths clicking on a faction in the Grand Campaign, One from loading a saved game from the list and one from clicking Custom Campaign. Had to restart my computer each time it happened, no way of getting back to my desktop.

Well i can tell you this its a challange for every faction cause all the rebel are fully stacked so just to expand against them is a challage then you have specific factions that due to their size or location makes even harder. Im at turn 28 very few factions expanded so far. Its a challange for sure

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

The mini factions are great in concept. I absolutely love the Sons of Areus and the Armada of Deliverance. My only issue is the limited roster for the minifactions that are knightly orders. They can only recruit from their chapter houses and their chapter houses aren't available until Fortress or Minor City level. Tough when half the map starts out as wooden castles and small towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    The mini factions are great in concept. I absolutely love the Sons of Areus and the Armada of Deliverance. My only issue is the limited roster for the minifactions that are knightly orders. They can only recruit from their chapter houses and their chapter houses aren't available until Fortress or Minor City level. Tough when half the map starts out as wooden castles and small towns.
    out of curiosity would turn are you in with the Sons of Areus?

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Not too far. Once I saw their roster was limited to the old Spartan units I went back to playing the Romuli. I got maybe 10-15 turns in. It's the same with the Armada and the Valiant Knights. I love these concepts, would love to see their rosters more fleshed out. The overall presentation appeals to me, though. The submod as a whole is fantastic. Does really encourage turtle-ing pretty hard, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    Not too far. Once I saw their roster was limited to the old Spartan units I went back to playing the Romuli. I got maybe 10-15 turns in. It's the same with the Armada and the Valiant Knights. I love these concepts, would love to see their rosters more fleshed out. The overall presentation appeals to me, though. The submod as a whole is fantastic. Does really encourage turtle-ing pretty hard, though.
    yes limited it will be nice if they had an extra unit or two I'm not gonna lie but I think it was done by design since they're supposed to be mini factions. There are more limited in resources and manpower and land.