Thread: Is there any way to put more then 40 our units on battlefield at start?

Default Is there any way to put more then 40 our units on battlefield at start?

Most of Chaos armies are too strong to fight them 1:1 or 2:2 (or such victory will be very costly).

So of course to lure them in to traps when we fight 3:1 or 3:2 is only solution to get decisive victory. Or to get victory at all.

But in my game 40 units (2 armies) is everything what appears on battlefield at start. To make autoresolves in big battles it's like ruin all fun of game.

But for me it's only solution in such cases as this is part of my strategy.

Is there any way to put more units on battlefield at start? Or it's just blocked?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Is there any way to put more then 40 our units on battlefield at start?

I think you can mod it so that an army can have 30, 40 or even more units? Not sure if there's a max, but depending of your hardware I guess.

Default Re: Is there any way to put more then 40 our units on battlefield at start?

Sorry, I know this thread is old.

I have heard that 40 is a hard-coded limit in the engine that cannot be changed by modders.

I don't know this for a fact.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Use ESF Editor.

Start a campaign, then save the game.

Open your save with ESF editor and go to Campaign_save_game/Compressed_data/Campaign_Env

Then click "Campaign model. You'll find a list of confusing nonsense, but the only important part are the two tables that say "20" right next to each other. The top one is for armies, and the bottom one is for navies (Which aren't in Warhammer, and are thus not important.)

You can set your max army size to basically whatever you want. I think it goes up to 80.

But fair warning, I used to play with 41 units per stack and it seems like that causes a crash whenever an AI army recruits 41 units. However, 40 units and anything under 40 is fine.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."