Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Stormfront gloat thread

Default Stormfront gloat thread

Following the demise of Der Stormer, Stormfront has now been defenestrated from the net following a civil rights campaign. At last it has begun to sink in, in the past five years alone, Stormfront members have murdered close to 100 people. Thats putting aside terrorist plotting and incitement to racial hatred and violence. Unbelievably it's taken up till now for its host to recognise infractions of the its usage policy. The catalyst no doubt was that terrorist attack in Charlottesville, which has shone a beam of light on their actions.

The will be those who say that these sad people should not be denied a voice ( or car keys)(sadface) . Well I say bollocks to that.The era of harassment and incitement to assault, murder and genocide dressed up as "free speech" is over

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-rights-action

There will be people who perhaps think that the First Amendment should allow such people an outlet, notwithstanding the odds that at some point one of its members will go on to do carry out their fantasies in lethal manner. Is there a convincing argument? And what should be done about Reddit?
    Last edited by mongrel; August 29, 2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Default Re: Stormfront gloat thread

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The era of harassment and incitement to assault, murder and genocide dressed up as "free speech" is over
    Are we outlawing Islam?
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Truly astonishing the Europeans' distaste for free speech.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    Are we outlawing Islam?
    Islam4UK is outlawed in the UK and it's leader jailed for supporting ISIS. I'm sure America is willing and capable of doing the same.

Any better offers?

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    Not really considering that appeasing Nazis led to this...

The equivalent would be America sitting on its arse as the Japanese Fleet bombed its naval assets.
    Last edited by mongrel; August 29, 2017 at 07:39 PM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Islam4UK is outlawed in the UK and it's leader jailed for supporting ISIS. I'm sure America is willing and capable of doing the same.

Any better offers?
    You can run down Pennsylvania avenue screaming you support ISIS and nothing will happen to you here. If you kill other Americans or plot to kill them, that's another story. Not the case in Europe, and quite honestly, I believe you folks are socially inferior in that respect.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

You can run down Pennsylvania avenue screaming you support ISIS and nothing will happen to you here. If you kill other Americans or plot to kill them, that's another story. Not the case in Europe, and quite honestly, I believe you folks are socially inferior in that respect.
    In Europea we are finding the hard way that both types of people are often related.

In Europea we are finding the hard way that both types of people are often related.
    Yes yes, I'm fully aware of your people are as much afraid of thoughts as you are actual bombs, or cars. Sorry state of affairs you have over the pond.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It was not a violation of free speech. Businesses are free to allow or not allow people to use their services as they please as long as they are not a member of a protected class. Being an idiotic, racist, potentially violent person is not a protected class.

I won't cry because some morons who haven't realized that their beliefs are at the very least 70 years outdated lost their website. They are free to move on to somewhere else if they don't like it.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

The original post had a Guardian article that state that 100 people were murdered by Stormfront people, I do not get the connection between being a Stormfront member who committed murder and Stormfront the organization being banned. Seems a bit like guilt by association and even then the association is not backed up with any actual murders but just a number thrown out by the Guardian. So how many member or readers are involved with Stormfront. How does one 'qualify' to be member? How many of the murders were committed because of Stormfront?

Now I am not a reader of such trash but it seems a bit dicey reporting on the Guardian's part and even more dicey to discuss this here in the Mudpit without a clearer set of facts.

Yes yes, I'm fully aware of your people are as much afraid of thoughts as you are actual bombs, or cars. Sorry state of affairs you have over the pond.
    Thoughts persuaded what were civilized people to wipe out a sizeable part of Europe's population in concentration camps.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    The original post had a Guardian article that state that 100 people were murdered by Stormfront people, I do not get the connection between being a Stormfront member who committed murder and Stormfront the organization being banned. Seems a bit like guilt by association and even then the association is not backed up with any actual murders but just a number thrown out by the Guardian. So how many member or readers are involved with Stormfront. How does one 'qualify' to be member? How many of the murders were committed because of Stormfront?

Now I am not a reader of such trash but it seems a bit dicey reporting on the Guardian's part and even more dicey to discuss this here in the Mudpit without a clearer set of facts.
    What facts are required? The host wanted shot of these people. Charlelottesville is what prompted it.
    Last edited by mongrel; August 29, 2017 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    It was not a violation of free speech. Businesses are free to allow or not allow people to use their services as they please as long as they are not a member of a protected class. Being an idiotic, racist, potentially violent person is not a protected class.

I won't cry because some morons who haven't realized that their beliefs are at the very least 70 years outdated lost their website. They are free to move on to somewhere else if they don't like it.
    What exactly is a "potentially" violent person? And when corporations and governments are merging at the rate they currently are, it's no longer an excuse to say "businesses are free to allow and not allow." There are plenty of monopolies in this country that we do regulate as if they were government entities, cable companies, communication services, utility providers etc etc. Free speech is meant for a free and open society, denying that will tear the fabric this country was founded upon. Screw people's feelings.

If one is make a moralist point of banning an organization because it is filled with murderers, then it should be important enough to give some facts to support the claim. It does not matter if this is a response to another (possibly unrelated) murder or event. In a civilized culture we should not take such actions (as banning) rashly or without reason. I say it is possibly an unrelated murder because there is simply no proof offered that the murder was either the result of Stormfront activity on the internet or that even the murderer was acting on behalf of Stormfront when committing said murder.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

But they ARE allowed to. Now if it was the ISP banning people from going to the site, that would be a different story altogether because that would violate net neutrality (which I am a big proponent of). But the host should be free to terminate the relationship if he feels the site is violating the terms of their agreement or if it is creating a negative image for the business.

More likely than not this is just a further snowball effect from the Charlottesville incident. Same thing happened with that other website that, as of last I heard, has yet to find a new host.

If hosts don't want to offer them space, oh well. Perhaps geocities is still on the table?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

It definitely is a snowball, but potentially violent people are probably not affected by it.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

So long Stormfront, you shall not be missed. Maybe now the domain name can go to someone who watches storms, something more productive than white supremacism
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    But they ARE allowed to. Now if it was the ISP banning people from going to the site, that would be a different story altogether because that would violate net neutrality (which I am a big proponent of). But the host should be free to terminate the relationship if he feels the site is violating the terms of their agreement or if it is creating a negative image for the business.

More likely than not this is just a further snowball effect from the Charlottesville incident. Same thing happened with that other website that, as of last I heard, has yet to find a new host.

If hosts don't want to offer them space, oh well. Perhaps geocities is still on the table?
    Agreed, but where are the fact here to discuss this? My complaint is not the ban, but that the Guardian and by extension this thread has offered no facts to support the ban or to even support the stated as facts, This is not complicated. If the murders were committed by Stormfront members a link to the murders, a link to number of Stormfront members, a link to where Stormfront members acted on behalf of Stormfront should not be asking too much for a discussion thread. Or do we continue to discuss without the facts?

Idiotic way to go about it. These people should be allowed to gather, make plans, and so on. The sites and subreddits should be monitored and data mined to keep track of dangerous and derganged individuals. Additionally, the data can be used to to predict dangerous terrorism and pre-emptively stopped. Even better, it can spawn material to prosecute people with. Ideally, there should be a cyber unit infiltrating garbage like this.

I've said this before I'll say it again. Let the scum gather, talk, and wear Swastikas. It makes them easier to find.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

You would be surprised how smart that scum actually is.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    I've said this before I'll say it again. Let the scum gather, talk, and wear Swastikas. It makes them easier to find.
    Has me shaking my head as well - but then we have to be politically correct, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Idiotic way to go about it. These people should be allowed to gather, make plans, and so on. The sites and subreddits should be monitored and data mined to keep track of dangerous and derganged individuals. Additionally, the data can be used to to predict dangerous terrorism and pre-emptively stopped. Even better, it can spawn material to prosecute people with. Ideally, there should be a cyber unit infiltrating garbage like this.

People do walk around in fascist gear, but it didn't turn out right in Charlottesville, hence the backlash. Reasonable point regarding such sites being useful to the police, intelligence services and indeed anti-fascists. Screenies were a big feature of my old EDL threads.

Caelifer_1991, you are a bit harsh, one of our own forum members glorified the Charlottesville murder.
    Last edited by mongrel; August 30, 2017 at 01:32 AM.

Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast