Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K's Sub-Mods - (Released) - (Limited Ammunition) - V1.2

General K's Avatar Libertus

Icon2 K's Sub-Mods - (Released) - (Limited Ammunition) - V1.2

Evening all,

Please find in links below, download to sub-mods I made for myself.

I liked the idea of where the base mod of ID was going with Ammo however for gameplay purposes I felt that it should remain limited as that way melee is still very much a large part once exhausted.

Limited Ammunition:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Currently this mod does the following to values in terms of ammunition, dependent on the weapon the unit uses, their class and their level of training (subject to change):

Pistols - 15
    Carbines - 20
    Matchlocks - 35
    Muskets - 35
    Rifles - 40
    Bow - 60
    Artillery - 100 (Think it is still unlimited as arty works differently)

Elite Training:
    Line Infantry - +5
    Light Infantry - +5
    Cavalry - +5
    Riflemen - +0
    Artillery - +0
    Others - +0

Also includes General's Staff being able to dismount

Dismounting+Limited Ammunition: WIP
    This contains the above changes but also allows all ranged cavalry, excluding camels, elephants etc, to dismount. It also allows General's Staff to dismount. I found it a key feature for dragoons specifically for example if you were defending a fort and wanted them to participate in ranged combat and in buildings etc using cover around them. They are after all called Dragoons for a reason

I hope you enjoy these changes - I welcome feedback and will change depending on how I feel. I am trying to resemble a realistic level of munitions. My theory being Line Infantry would have standard count. Light Infantry perhaps slightly extra due to being lighter? or the same as Line. Riflemen again being lighter and engaging in more shooting as opposed to melee have slightly more. Cavalry have less due to restrictions and mixed combat as opposed to regular Line Infantry etc. Artillery should have enough ammo to have an effective siege and have a reasonable amount of ammo to use per battle.

Again all subject to change. For future I may also release a version which allows all General's Staff, Dragoons and Light Dragoons to dismount. I understand the logic in disabling it in first place but for sieges and general defensive positions in buildings etc, it takes the protection element entirely away.

Usage:
    - Simply place in data folder of ETW.
    - Open your user.script text file located in your appdata/roaming/Creative Assembly/Empire scripts folder
    - Add a new line "mod K_Limited_Ammo.pack;" preferably at the top of the file. (Without ")

Changelog:

v1.2
    - Remade the pack into a simple override instead of having to replace the main LORD CORE File.
    - Re-Adjusted some ammo stats.
    - Fixed some ammo stats not changed.
    - Fixed General's Staff.

v1.1
    - Changed all Carbine ammunition to 20 from 30.
    - Fixed some ammunition values I missed out.
    - New Project which includes dismounting. (Base Ammo file also includes General Dismounting)
    Last edited by General K; September 10, 2017 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Updated to V1.2
    " Nemo me impune lacessit"
    No One Provokes Me With Impunity

Default Re: K's Sub-Mods - (Released) - (Limited Ammunition, Dismounting)

Updated to V1.2: See Changelog

Updated to V1.1: See Changelog
    Last edited by General K; September 10, 2017 at 05:33 AM.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Good work, General K!

Awesome!

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I hope that it should be integrated with I.D

Default Re: K's Sub-Mods - (Released) - (Limited Ammunition) - V1.2

Hi! I have also did my own ammo amounts, for the older version. And in time I have adjusted to period ammo of that time which was between 15 to 35 rounds. I also did changes to the artillery the heavier the round less ammo about 50. Also for garrison units I gave them 50 rounds to represent near supplies. But for matchlock muskets I gave them 15 to 20 rounds depending their training. The poorer units less, for the most elite and better trained 35. Its a long process in changing all the nations units and amounts and looking whom will get more and whom would get less. But it's the worth the trouble. Since one must calculate how to manage who goes into a bayonet charge and who you keep in reserve.

I was thinking of linking it in future to technology whereby every unit would have standard ammunition amounts however depending on certain tech researched you would gain a very small increase in reserves for a certain unit type. Is a lot of work but I think makes it more interesting as it represents progression in technology and affects your units on the field as a result of said tech

Dismounting still coming along? Also have you thought about re-adding Light Infantry Behaviour as a submod?

Can this sub mod work on an earlier version of Imperial Destroyer 4.9?

Great submod, excited for future versions.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 11, 2017 at 10:12 PM.

Do someone have an earlier version of Imperial Destroyer (which allows to recruit british bearskin grenadiers)?

I can't find a place to download earlier version than 5.0...

Thank you!

I am editing this submod adding grenades back to grenadiers and adding skirmish to missing units and militia units cause I like it on them. May add policing bonus to militia because I also like it on them.

edit: I added grenades to all grenadier units and put skirmish on all musket units.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 18, 2017 at 08:53 PM.

Hi, I edited your version: Added grenades back, added policing to dragoon units, made all ranged cavalry(not camels or elephants) have dismounting. Also made generals bodyguards dismounting(Not sure if this is what you wanted)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aW...6tVNv3WCkzetsW
    Last edited by Cody712; November 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM.

Hi Cody712, I tried your edited submod and while it's really good grenades are waaaaay too powerful. A single volley of grenades will wipe out an entire unit.

Yeah sorry I just like having grenades in some situations . I guess you could try toning down the range or damage of grenades in the BSM pack.

Yea toning down the damage a lot would be good.

it says the detonation damage is already .0001, so not sure what to do . I could turn the range down from 60 to like 35 to make it high risk high reward maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    it says the detonation damage is already .0001, so not sure what to do . I could turn the range down from 60 to like 35 to make it high risk high reward maybe.

Hi, Cody. I have played this mod several times, loved it. But I haven’t played lately because of time. Thou I have watched people play the latest version, by Russians and noticed that the player has no real threat from the AI. After careful study I think that the artillery is too strong, and the ranges are all too far. If the range of all muskets and rifles and especially artillery could be scaled down some what, that may pose a real challenge to the player. Also the lime shot I think it’s way too deadly. Could that be changed?

Hey! General K@

Ottoman and other specific nations has not standard dragons with dismound, but has mounted infantry. Coud you please modification you mod for them?

You can edit the projectile range and that stuff in the BSM file. The range for cannons and howitzers are mostly 400 so you can tweak that. In projectile_tables you can edit the effective range of things using pack file manager. If you need help ask me.
    Last edited by Cody712; December 28, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast