Thread: Random custom battle rosters

Default Random custom battle rosters

Is there a way to have the right unit rosters for every civ in Custom Battle? If it is a problem with the campaign any chance of doing a switch pretty much like the one EB has that lets you play MP or SP? Can i do it manually? Thanks

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Random custom battle rosters

You would probably need a specific export_descr_unit.txt for campaign, then replace it with another edu that has less units per faction. So yes it is like EB. Now, what you could do is make another mod:switch file that has the custom battle edu in it, then just change the command line from -mod:HCS to say, -mod:HCSMP or something.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hey i've edited my EDU and it worked, but many of the units listed in the EDU do not show up, even in the Slave faction (which i left unedited). Any idea why? (Examples of missing units are generic greek missile units like peltasts or archers listed at the very beginning of the file)

Blog Entries

Well the only reason I can think of is that there's still to many units per faction; the game simply can't display them all in custom battles. Or there's some kind of mistake in the edu ..
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hmm i don't think there is too many units per faction, actually there is like 5-7 units per faction. That's the reason i need all units to show up, because rosters are incomplete and even some factions totally lacks missile units. There must be some kind of mistake in the EDU but i fail to identify it

Blog Entries

The EDU includes all the AoE units, so sparta for example you could probably cut it down to all the peloponnesian units for example, and include missile units as you see fit... but thats just what I would do, I just play the thing aha

Blog Entries

Oh you want all units in custom battle selection? That's not physically possible I'm afraid the game is already at the hardcoded limit of troops for that IIRC

And there's no other reason (that I know of) why a unit shouldn't appear, unless it hasn't been properly assigned to the right faction in edu

In my game there's like 3/4 rows of units
    Last edited by Aexodus; September 03, 2017 at 04:52 PM.

What i need is what you said, Sparta with peloponnesian units, Persia with persians, etc. The mod has every unit for every civ right now. Have you done it? Do you have an edited EDU working already? if you do i'd really appreciate if you could share it

Blog Entries

I haven't played HCS in a while, but it could be interesting making a new edu . Sparta' internal name would just need to be removed from the ownership line for the respective units