Thread: Powerful Reikland Army Strategy - is it?

Icon5 Powerful Reikland Army Strategy - is it?

Greetings Sirs and high Lords of the old world!

I would like to hear your opinion on my Reikland army and army logistic:

Currently I am playing as Karl Franz and his Reikland fellas. My Army is based on 8 Infantery, 3 Gunner, 5 Bowmen, 1 Cannon, 2 Kav, and a General.
    Everytime a unit get casualties I switch them with fresh men and bring the wounded divisions home to rearm them in Marienburg, Altdorf or Nuln. Takes a little logistics, but that way I dont have to bring the whole army home. I dont merge two units at all.

This is my standart formation Layout:

depending on the Map, I try that my Gunner lines can always fire into the enemy ranks so they have average kill counts of 150-350 enemys.
    I start to with fireing my cannons till the enemy is to close and before friendly fires gets an issue
    Infantery is used to hold its line, Bowmen just behind to fire arrows and the General and Kav is used as a moral breaker unit.

So now my question: How can I improve my strategy with Reikland? All my Armies work the same at the moment, with no difference on which enemy i am facing. I see there much room of improvement i guess. I also fight Orcs and Goblins at the moment - any advice?

Default Re: Powerful Reikland Army Strategy - is it?

Wellp, got almost the same structure as you
    However, what I found quite useful is getting probably less archers/gunners and more infantry
    Got at that stage when chaos comes in several stacks with chosens, monsters and hard-hitting cav, so it became really hard to keep all the archers safe
    So now I get like 10 and even 12 infantry, mostly halbeards and like two greatswords. 3-4 range units (gunnerz only against heavy Armour), 2-3 cav and artillery with general left.
    Late in the game emp infantry just cant compete in quality with enemy elites, so I count on amount

If you want to have fun, may try out the hellblaster - great positioning and it just pure fun, almost like mages

Default Re: Powerful Reikland Army Strategy - is it?

Try out other units in custom battles to get a feel for them. All of their artillery works differently, so you'll find different uses. Some units might underperform if you don't know how to use them, like the Warrior Priests, who are great for keeping morale up mixed into your infantry, and can take on bigger threats with their hammers. Also learn how to use the pros and cons between Handgunners, Archers, Crossbowmen, and Huntsmen. Archers are great for targeting low armor units, while Gunners can wreck more elite troops, and Crossbows have great range and damage. Your whole roster has uses, so you can mix things up a lot for variety and taking on different threats.