Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

as of my knowledge De AI Arbitriis works well. i've updated this last week.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    as of my knowledge De AI Arbitriis works well. i've updated this last week.
    Swell.
    Cheers

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

With the latest DEI , cultural tensio ( the latest ) + AI Arbitriis i see a little bit odd public order, really big negatives in settlements with 80% of my culture, so every turn i have to fight a rebellion starting from my capital. I play on Hard & faction Macedon but settings are the same as patch 17 + DEI _ AI Arbitriis + cultural tensio. before patch i had all the challenging effects + negative public for foregneir culture but not so redicoulus negatives at least in my capital. Vasileus traits, general etch more or less the same effect on public order.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Cultural tensio is compatible with Data Venia . just make sure its loaded before Data Venia

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    With the latest DEI , cultural tensio ( the latest ) + AI Arbitriis i see a little bit odd public order, really big negatives in settlements with 80% of my culture, so every turn i have to fight a rebellion starting from my capital. I play on Hard & faction Macedon but settings are the same as patch 17 + DEI _ AI Arbitriis + cultural tensio. before patch i had all the challenging effects + negative public for foregneir culture but not so redicoulus negatives at least in my capital. Vasileus traits, general etch more or less the same effect on public order.
    Does your problem still occure? because i don't have this. which faction do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    Does your problem still occure? because i don't have this. which faction do you play?
    I experience the same thing (only playing as Macedon, like he stated).

Maybe the unhapiness modifier could be turned down when using both mods, with a bridge patch or something.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Maybe the unhapiness modifier could be turned down when using both mods, with a bridge patch or something.
    Hi guyz. i found the problem and working on a solution as we speak. DAIA has nothing to do with public order so its in the unhapiness modifier for darco tracian and hellenic culture.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

changed some stats. the unhappiness modifier will genererate 8 points lesser on internal conflict inside dominant culture for the hellenic factions.
    Last edited by Joysong; January 01, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

Good to know buddy. Re downloading.

I'm still finding Macedon's start super super hard with this mod, still getting constant rebellions.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I'm still finding Macedon's start super super hard with this mod, still getting constant rebellions.
    That's probably because Macedonians having extra negative starting points, so they are much harder than other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    That's probably because Macedonians having extra negative starting points, so they are much harder than other factions.
    For getting rebellions? I've played them alot before without this mod and don't recall getting a rebellion every 3 turns or so. It's like playing pinball which ever way you try and expand, someone takes the settlement you take cause all your neighbors hate you while going back to pella to fight the rebellion.

Maybe it's the Greek culture vs the local culture, some of the values might still be too high with arbitris combined.

For getting rebellions? I've played them alot before without this mod and don't recall getting a rebellion every 3 turns or so. It's like playing pinball which ever way you try and expand, someone takes the settlement you take cause all your neighbors hate you while going back to pella to fight the rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Maybe it's the Greek culture vs the local culture, some of the values might still be too high with arbitris combined.
    Yeap exactly. I meant the issue is probably the extra negative values they have, in combination with Cultural tensio.
    Macedonia is having a hard time in my Roman campaign a well and as it seems they indeed can't expand further than Pella.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Yeap exactly. I meant the issue is probably the extra negative values they have, in combination with Cultural tensio.
    Macedonia is having a hard time in my Roman campaign a well and as it seems they indeed can't expand further than Pella.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to disable one for my Macedon campaign .

Yeah probably. I'm gonna message Joysong about it.

As being first hand witness its practically impossible to pursue a reasonable campaign unless one seeks a torture instead a fierce campaign. Constant rebellion makes the Makedon campaign totally unplayable. Back and forth as you said Falco. Fight Athenians forth back to rebels and then Aetolians and then rebels again until the Thracian scum decide to join the party lol

Finally I tried this mod with DE AI Arbitriis and Data Venia together. I play as Baktria. What can I say, first 40-50 turns I spent only to stabilize my public order in two regions I have. No expansion yet and I should say it is one hell of challenge and I really like this so far. I will report more later.

I do have a question though. So I converted my shared province to 76% of Greek culture, before that I had tons of problems and rebellions, it is good now. I sent my spy to the city in my province which I don't own (it is Seleucid satrapy which have Persian culture) and it shows that they have 100 happiness there. 76% is Greek culture, 22% is Buddhism and 2% is Persian culture in our shared province but they have 100% happiness in that city. I thought AI should have been in trouble because their culture now is very low... I was struggling mightily when I was even in 60s. Why is this so? I have to add they have 4-5 of their armies hanging out around their city, so maybe their generals traits help them to sustain a good PO, but it is just a guess. Can you comment on this?

On what difficulty are you playing? AI get PO bonusses I believe, so yeah in combination with other characters their PO game might be a lot easier. The minus PO effect for garrisoning troops is also only applied to human players if I've read the script correctly.
    Last edited by Dardo21; January 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM.