Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

I thought that cultural tensio is the spiritual child of kk. I must admit i was kind of confused because of the multiple versions and the lot people that envolved trying to make the mod better and as bug free as possible.I, as a fan of total war, all these years was feeling very sad when a mod showing great potential, make the game experiense better and all of the sudden stop progressing. Either because the original author vanish or cant keep up with the pace of the base game and the multi patches. Then i really hope that someone with time and knowlegde will step up and continue the legacy. i wish hellenika for example could be played with path 20. The othaurs of it mod wish it too. And moreover. I kinda feel you. I myself made a mod for medieval 2 , shields patterns and textures. I make a statement on releash that eveyone can take the mod or part of it and impliment it on their own mod. Just give me credit. Well , after a while my mod become submod of a lot mods and now dont take any mention, not because the modders dont want to give any but because they dont know that i was the original moder. Doesnt matter. The thing about moding is sharing. Thank you for kk , thank you a lot. you make my gaming exp with rome 2 better. And thank the other guys that without them i would have already forget about kk
    Last edited by nikossaiz; February 09, 2019 at 10:42 AM.

I think Dardo and Jake explained it very clearly. I was fascinated by your mod when you have introduced it in a very early stage and I'm happy to see it turned to be one of the best mods for DEI. We all give credit to a person with initial idea and work and let's keep improving this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I never meant to steal your mod, when Joysong originally posted this mod I understood it to be continuation of your mod, I seem to remember it also noting it to be one, i guess that reference was removed. After a while I started to assist with updating the mod when new patches came out. Eventually Joysong moved on to Ancient Empires. But I always operated under the belief that Joysong was continuing your mod with your permission and I never had the intention to simply "copy your mod with my edits and lift your concept description." However since that seems to be the case I have removed my files, the Steam file is currently out of date, but if you message Joysong I imagine he'll have no issue with removing that file as well.
    My sincere apologies.
    Not at all the case mate. I would never say you stole anything. Nor anyone else who's updated KK for their own use. I'd love for the content to be shared, developed, altered, etc... That's all part of this community. The same for anything I've contributed. By all means continue with what you've got, just consider altering the mod description a bit or re-inserting the reference to KK. The verbatim bristled the hair on the back of my neck a bit but I'd hate for that to end your own development. You've clearly done a lot of work on this and deserve credit for that.
    Last edited by tullyccro; February 09, 2019 at 05:24 PM.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Hello!Just wanted to ask if dardo does the mod still doing ???

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

The mod is very much up-to-date, Lupo.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@dardo: why don't you open a new thread with all your submods? So you can keep download links into OP?
    Just a suggestion ofc

Checked the description for your submod.
    Just wondering, how exactly do you deal with Carthaginians ? I mean, technically they're neither Greeks nor Romans, and certainly not barbarians. Do you have anything specific planned for them ?

Carthaginians have their own culture, Altan. Same as Romans, Greeks or Persians, for example.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Is this mod works with the newest DEI update ?

Yes, it does. I have been using it with the latest update and haven't encountered any problems.

The only thing that I believe needs updating are the culture-related effects for the new ancillaries.

Yes, it does. I have been using it with the latest update and haven't encountered any problems.

The only thing that I believe needs updating are the culture-related effects for the new ancillaries.
    Thanks for answer.

Yeah, I removed my download links after the Kultur Kampf-deblacle, but I made an up-to-date version during the internal beta, I'll try uploading it in a new post before the end of the week.

Yeah, I removed my download links after the Kultur Kampf-deblacle, but I made an up-to-date version during the internal beta, I'll try uploading it in a new post before the end of the week.
    Ok, so now, there isn't any link where I can download your up-to-date version of the mod ?

Not right now no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I know you already know I fixed it, but as a heads-up for the others https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cc...JYGCuLETQ5jy7g fixes the error that Seleukos mentions.
    The other effects being in the table was just an error, I must have accidentally copy pasted those effects from the regular tables someday and then applied my cultural conversion ratio over them without noticing.
    So, this is what if not up-to-date ??

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by leonardusius View Post
    So, this is what if not up-to-date ??
    Quickfix ?

I posted something similar on the Alternative Economy page as I'm trying to play with both as well as Age of Hellenism. However only the latter is working for me. Even just loading this mod by itself doesn't appear to be working right (I'm not 100% certain a good way to tell, but as Seleucids on turn 1, Mesopotamia which is 50% greek has only a -6 PO effect and is set to gain .3% by next turn, which seems high). Is load order important? Similarly, I've tried with both the old and new launcher, but could that be causing an issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Only just downloaded this mod - reading the last two pages is the steam version not currently up to date? Dardo comments about the steam version and removing links back in March - is it not in use then currently? The steam link was last updated back in august?

Should I use the " Originally Posted by Dardo21 I know you already know I fixed it, but as a heads-up for the others https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cc...JYGCuLETQ5jy7g fixes the error that Seleukos mentions.
    The other effects being in the table was just an error, I must have accidentally copy pasted those effects from the regular tables someday and then applied my cultural conversion ratio over them without noticing." Link to have the most up to date version or has Dardo simply stopped working on the mod?

Just want to say (this will be a copy paste in all threads) that I've only just found these sub mods, Age of Hellenism, Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensio and Data Venia - I am having so much fun! Well done to everyone involved
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 05, 2019 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Playing as Royal Schythia, the mod causes high Cultural Differences penalty despite having 100% of the own culture. Disabling CT makes the issue disappear.

https://i.imgur.com/wqBvdLd.jpg

I'm using DEI including the Faster Movement submod, AAA Greeks+Romans, and a bunch of graphics mods.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

-12 is not difficult to handle and I think the value is correct and there is nothing weird.