Thread: Oblivion Crisis Questions

Default Oblivion Crisis Questions

Hello all,
    I just reached the oblivion crisis in my house telvanni playthrough. I am just curious about a couple things about the crisis. Note I am using the unofficial patch version of the mod.

1. In my game the empire ceased to exist and became rebel. Is that supposed to happen?
    2. If the deadra are not stopped will they be never ending?
    3. Will the AI figure out how to defeat this crisis?
    4. If not how can I do it as a dunmer faction?

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Oblivion Crisis Questions

I'm sure Jadli can correct me if I am wrong, but after the initial Oblivion Crisis, I do not believe further armies spawn, but instead they use resources on the map. Therefore, after the first 3-5 turns where the new demon armies spawn (I believe Ald'ruhn is one such target) ... after this, I believe you can go after them rather conventionally, but be warned that it will be extremely difficult if they have gained sufficient cities and gold.

Planemeld is a somewhat different scenario in the 3 banners war, also dealing with Oblivion armies, but in this scenario I believe it does become never ending until you enter Cold Harbor and defeat Molag Bal (using Amulet of Kings to teleport iirc)

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am curious, is the empire supposed to go rebel or was that a fluke?

It was probably a "quasi-fluke", as in, due to low number of family members, it probably just collapsed. (demons killed them)

It seems to happen quite often though, so I wonder if the Faction Leader is scripted to always die during the Crises (allowing the rest to die more easily)

Should be fixed in future versions, custom scenarios excepted

Thanks for the replies. I have another question. Do the hordes settle at any point or do they just burn everything to the ground? And if they settle where do they do that?

As all other aspects, the crisis has been revisited by the new 1.4, hence inconsistencies should be no more.

Generally, horde factions tend to devastate a lot and walk arounđ for some time before settling...

In case the issue prolongs, a forcing conquest script can be done quickly (with event declaring the place of their settle), so that they'll have a starting land and will immediately act as a standard faction..

We'll see if needed...

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    As all other aspects, the crisis has been revisited by the new 1.4, hence inconsistencies should be no more.

Generally, horde factions tend to devastate a lot and walk arounđ for some time before settling...

In case the issue prolongs, a forcing conquest script can be done quickly (with event declaring the place of their settle), so that they'll have a starting land and will immediately act as a standard faction..

We'll see if needed...
    That is good to know that it is being reworked, but my current campaign is on the 1.31 unofficial version. So I am more concerned with their current behavior. From just watching them move on the campaign map it looks like they are going to attack the imperial city and maybe settle there? Now that the empire is dead, so none of the scripted things can happen.

Mmh I see..

Well, parameters have been reworked a lot by now for the new release...

In any case, Jadli can provide more details about the current issue...

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

They will attack and take several places across Tamriel, AI will try to hold these places and expand. Plus there are some events like battle for Bruma and IC...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    They will attack and take several places across Tamriel, AI will try to hold these places and expand. Plus there are some events like battle for Bruma and IC...
    Thanks, I saw them attack pretty much all of cyrodill in one turn. They didn't settle at all they just sacked the place and moved on. Is that because they were attacking rebel cities?

Gaming Emeritus

Its AI, they are just stupid. In Cyrodiil its complicated as they might take several settlements bordering each other, thus they might want to move some armies between them. In other parts of Tamriel they usually start from one region, so their moves after that should be more expectable

Can anyone post an walkthrough of the Oblvion Crisis ? Or is just an all out war ?

Gaming Emeritus

First they come to Kvatch, then they show up at several places across Tamriel (in TES TW less than in UP I think) and try to take them, after a few turns there is Bruma battle, you get Martin Septim and new Daedra in Bruma (in UP you also get the TES IV main character) and then there is battle for IC, where Mehrunes Dagon himself comes

(might be some smaller differences, as its hard to keep track on both UP and TES TW )