Thread: Enemy army doesnt disappar after second "retreat", if battle is to be fought manually (???)

Default Enemy army doesnt disappar after second "retreat", if battle is to be fought manually (???)

Situation is as follows.

Attacked Marienburg's army.

It retreated.

Chased it - and attacked again and was suprised - general was killed but few troops prevailed battle and retreated again.

When wanted to check what will happen when battle will be given to AI to be calculated - my side (Empire) won again but even that few enemy soldiers (more then in my battle) remained - army was "removed" from map.

Anybody knows solution?

I saw it also before - and always source of difference is that some soldiers can retreat 2nd time when battle is played manually.

Default Re: Enemy army doesnt disappar after second "retreat", if battle is to be fought manually (???)

It seems to be a problem caused by the fact that the information that the army has already retreated is associated to the general instead of the army, if you kill the general (which is not frequent when you autoresolve) the game forget that the army has already retreated.
    Since I have read that on internet, I have started paying attention to avoid killing the general of the enemy (unless I am attacking a settlement or I am defending) and it solved the problem.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Enemy army doesnt disappar after second "retreat", if battle is to be fought manually (???)

reads like a bug, report this to CA on the official forums.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by edeheusch View Post
    It seems to be a problem caused by the fact that the information that the army has already retreated is associated to the general instead of the army, if you kill the general (which is not frequent when you autoresolve) the game forget that the army has already retreated.
    Since I have read that on internet, I have started paying attention to avoid killing the general of the enemy (unless I am attacking a settlement or I am defending) and it solved the problem.
    Thanks. Didn't see this relation. But indeed it could be right, as I saw that mostly after I tried to attack manually after enemy retreated, some parts of army prevailed. But indeed i focused to kill general as its obvious that such move will demoralise enemy. So i thought that it was some kind of bug and second time I had to autoresolve. But indeed few days ago I defeated one of Chaos army after it retreated and they had so strong and fast leader that I couldn't kill him after he panicked and start to run away. And this army indeed disappeared. Anyway - still didnt notice that this fact was reason of difference.

So now I understand how it works . Thanks.