Thread: model conversion problem (ms3d to .mesh) due to underweight verticies

Default model conversion problem (ms3d to .mesh) due to underweight verticies

Hi all,

I think the title is rather self explanatory, I created a unit model in Milkshape and due to merging, the overall skinning went completely messed up and I had to do it again completely by myself. The Final result looks pretty smooth but the converter keeps failling because of some underweight vertices. I don't even understand why as I made sure my weights always added up to 100 and I don't know if any trick exist in order to reveal those problem-causing vertices.
    I attached the file in case you guys would wan't to take a look.
    Thanks in advance,

Erwan G.

Model.RAR

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: model conversion problem (ms3d to .mesh) due to underweight verticies

Try this in-game and let me know the results.
    superdede88_2_lod0.mesh

Default Re: model conversion problem (ms3d to .mesh) due to underweight verticies

Thanks man, I will do that as soon as I come home. What was wrong with the conversion ?

Okay so what I did is :
    Changing the name of the usual chivalric knights meshes (the 3 _lods of the first armor upgrade stage)
    Puting your mesh instead, giving it the name of the later
    Adding my textures by changing the path in the bmdb

Game launches, custom battle as well but my unit is invisible (except for the battle captain)

here is what I get with france that uses my texture ( I have the same result with spain, which is supposed to use vanilla texture)

Sorry, I forgot the picture

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

This is not a model problem, there is something wrong in the spelling and/or syntax of the unit entry in the BMDB.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is your entry at the bottom of bmmdb?

Well this is were is gets weird, I dis NOT even touch the bmdb, i simply renamed paleologos model dismounted_chivalric .... in order to replace the vanilla one

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by superdede88 View Post
    Sorry, I forgot the picture
    Check the model entry in EDU to be EXACTLY same as is in bmdb one.
    Check the textures and model entries in bmdb
    Rare but happens...Some times i was forced to change bmdb and EDU model name entry inorder to have my unit apear.
    For example:
    in Bmdb entry you have :
    saracen_spearmen
    follows the rest of data
    In EDU you have the same name and also the same name in EDU's model's entry...
    One of the two must change.
    For example name the unit simple saracens and keep the model name saracen_spearmen or the opposite.
    Names are examples only.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hello friends,

I have quite a problem that ressembles it: I don't have a proper mesh to ms3d converter. I used GOM's one and it's not working anymore, telling me the files are not standard and thus cannot be converted.
    I'd really need some help over it, what converter do you use to turn .mesh to .ms3d ?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Autyre_Saad View Post
    Hello friends,

I have quite a problem that ressembles it: I don't have a proper mesh to ms3d converter. I used GOM's one and it's not working anymore, telling me the files are not standard and thus cannot be converted.
    I'd really need some help over it, what converter do you use to turn .mesh to .ms3d ?
    GOM shows this message when you use models worked with GOAT or other converter before and have bones that GOM can not recognise (like TATW models for example).
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.