Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Call of Warhammer - Rage of the Dark Gods 1.6] The End Times

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [GS Event] The End Times - Warhammer Hotseat

It took me a while to get working, and it still likes to crash here and there, but this is exactly what I did:

1) Torrent the mod
    2) Install the 3 parts in to m2tw directory (close everything while it installs, I installed it with chrome open the first time and it was a buggy mess)
    3) run english patch
    4) apply patch 1, run english patch
    5) apply patch 2, run english patch
    6) apply the 2 fixes
    7) download http://www.mediafire.com/file/8h7bbf...est_version.7z and overwrite the data folder in the rodg folder (it ends up in my mod folder even though I install it in my main directory, but it works fine so I assume it's meant to do that)
    8) run the english patch

after that, the test save works fine for me. I've played several turns in to a single player campaign and I do get crashes every so often, but it's nothing intolerable and the mod itself is great. I seem to get no crashes after battles if I load a custom battle before loading up the campaign.

Panic over it works. Thanks guys! time to pick a faction I suppose...Not really familiar with this mod or the lore so I'm going to roll the dice and pick Middenheim and Middenland.
    Last edited by Shreklayers; August 26, 2017 at 04:12 PM.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I wouldn't mind trying to help with the strategy... especially in the beginning, where we'll need to take as much AI/Rebel territory as possible.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I'll take Stirland, if thats already taken Talabecland

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I flipped a coin for kolu, so he gets Averland and Captainnorway gets Hochland then. I think we are ready to go and if no one has any problem with the mod or the start itself, then let the hotseat begin:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ed41zf

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Is it just me or it takes too long to load saves in this mod?

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to drop this HS. I just can't get this mod to work. I did everything Gigantus said to do.... torrented the 3 parts. Installed the 3 parts to the directory he said to, with nothing running in the background, then installed the patches and finally the fixes. Try to start a campaign, it crashes. Now idk if it will affect my ability to start an HS, but I doubt that it won't affect it.
    Last edited by HouseStarkFTW; August 28, 2017 at 10:23 PM.

Wissenland: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3q4b2...ssenland_1.sav

Will edit RP in later

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStarkFTW View Post
    Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to drop this HS. I just can't get this mod to work. I did everything Gigantus said to do.... torrented the 3 parts. Installed the 3 parts to the directory he said to, with nothing running in the background, then installed the patches and finally the fixes. Try to start a campaign, it crashes. Now idk if it will affect my ability to start an HS, but I doubt that it won't affect it.
    Did you installed my files correctly also? Another thing try using the test save or the current one and see if it crashes while you load it and press turns through empire turns.

About the loading times I don't think it takes long to load in, a little bit more than a vanilla, but atleast I don't feel that is too long.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

ArBo's Avatar Senator

So, team Good, how are we going to communicate then?

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by ArBo View Post
    So, team Good, how are we going to communicate then?
    I'm gonna actively comunicate only with my neighbours and if other players do have plans for me then send them via steam since I'm mostly online there

I'm setting up a steam group for alliance-wide info and then I'ma try to figure out a good set of faction groupings so people can coordinate more easily

I already have Hannibal on steam so I can communicate directly with him on there. But I'm happy to join cowcow's steam group.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStarkFTW View Post
    Try this and if it still crashes send me the trace log.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Gaming Emeritus

After I had time reconsider my opinion about allowing the empire factions attacking each other, while waiting for bureaucracy and not being under alcohol influence like yesterday I decided, that it is the best, that it will be not allowed. Empire factions can't attack each other, just to get stronger by taking over smaller and weaker factions. If you want to win make the effort to work together instead atleast. A few veteran player can guide along the alliance, just like I am doing it in Interregnum my alliance.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    After I had time reconsider my opinion about allowing the empire factions attacking each other, while waiting for bureaucracy and not being under alcohol influence like yesterday I decided, that it is the best, that it will be not allowed. Empire factions can't attack each other, just to get stronger by taking over smaller and weaker factions. If you want to win make the effort to work together instead atleast. A few veteran player can guide along the alliance, just like I am doing it in Interregnum my alliance.

Long live the Emperor

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by cowcow View Post
    Long live the Emperor
    yes, and his name is Hannibal

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I'd say an Emperor not able to claim the throne when the opportunity presents itself, and instead having to resort to conspiring later on to regain it, is not a true Emperor.
    On another note, aside from this being supposed to be a team HS, the mod itself does all the engine allows not to have Empire factions go to war with each other, it tries to stop and reverse such actions in all possible ways. I think it's best to have a strong, united Empire facing the Chaos threat.