Thread: Alternative Game

Default Alternative Game

Hey, your work is really impressive. I couldn't find this in the FAQ, and thought it might be interesting to know the teams opinion. Understanding the limitations of Attila, that there won't be any campaign map, which I find deeply sad, are you guys considering to port this great mod to Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord? If you haven't heard about it, you should check it out, as every Total War fan could easily be a fan of it.

I believe all the features needed to make a great Game of thrones mod, could be done in Bannerlord:

* Politics and Intrigues
    * Massive Battles (including sea)
    * Decent Siege Battles with siege equipment
    * Commanding/organising units, before and after the battle
    * Starting out as a Bastard and working ones way up to become a King, sounds extremely a thing which could happen in GoT.
    * Promised to be easily modable including the campaign map and more aspects than in the predecessor.

Now there are always jokes running around that Bannerlord will never release, due to it being in production for 7 years and Taleworlds not wanting to give out a date. I do believe that it will be sooner than later and maybe end 2017 or early 2018.

I am aware a lot of work has to be done and go into this, not alone modelling and texturing but also scripting and coding. But seeing how far and how much you have accomplished (I mean working on the minor houses), a lot of the work has been done. Also seeing a Lord of the Rings mod starting on doing armors for their mod, kind of made me hopeful, a decent mod for GoT would be made for Bannerlord.
    Hope you don't see this as a demand, but more as a fan of the mod asking the possible future directions.

Default Re: Alternative Game

I 100% agree, M&B would be a much better platform for the project. The issue, like you mentioned, is that we still don't have any idea when the game will be released. It's being considered, along with a few other alternatives.

Second to this, CA on modders. They made some great titles in the past but it's a factory now, mass producing generic unmoddable content with little to no support for our projects.

Default Re: Alternative Game

I do think its sooner than later. Taleworlds mentioned they won't be giving a release date, as they are going to release when they feel it is ready and are not working with a deadline date, was mentioned in one of their latest "blogs". The benefits of being indepandant.

I really do think its sad the way Total War is run. Mods add so much longevity to a game and make to an all time classic. Just looking at the Attila hosted modification board shows the potential of Total War games, if they just added the support, or at least decompiled the files needed.

Glad that you are keeping the options open!