Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Threats Across the Sea, 1483

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Threats Across the Sea, 1483

Knyvet had told him a couple days before, but Harry now heard it from the woman's mouth. The mother's mouth. He clasped his hands together in front of him, almost connecting his sleeves.

"His Grace does not know about your son yet, I believe," he decided to tell her the truth. He also feared what might happen if it was known that she had continued the line of Henry VI still further.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

''But how can i return when i do not know what is to happen to my little baby?''

Eleanor said, emotionally even, surely they would not take the baby from her if she returns to England?, she would never forgive herself if that was to happen.

''I'm just too attached to my baby, i mean i need to know what will happen with my baby before i can decide'' Her baby should not have to suffer the same what had befallen her in her childhood, separation from her mother.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Shall I inquire his grace about your son in your behalf?" He offered after a moment with no expectations.

''You may inquire, lord Buckingham, but you may also inquire if Lady Beaufort, her mother and brother may be allowed to travel with me, you see they're my friends''

Said Eleanor, she didn't want to leave them behind after what they have done for her. Not that she expected them they would take it lightly for herself to go back to her half brother, but even they should at some point realize that Lancaster was not to become king, Eleanor had not the appetite to fight anymore for a crown.

''I don't want to leave my friends behind'' Said Eleanor, it would be another disappointment in life if she had to bid them farewell forever.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

The timid Duke nodded solemnly, his expression and posture not hiding that he had doubts about this.

"I shall write to the king, then. In the mean time, madame, would you care to remain in Rouen? So that we may more quickly and easily converse again, when the king replies."

''Hmm, oh, sure, i will move my household to some appartment in Rouen then''

Said Eleanor with a brief nod, she liked the man alot now, he had been always been kind to her.

''Thank you, My lord, Thank you for everything'' Eleanor curtsied from gratitude, she was emotional still. Almost in tears
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    "This boy is our king, now. It is our duty to serve him as best we can."

Joan grit her teeth and clenched her fists to prevent herself from visibly shaking. They could simply return home and forget about it all, but where would the honour and dignity be in that? It would be a disgrace to the memory of her father. Edmund folded his arms.

"My sister is right. Hail King Henry, Seventh of that name."

Beaufort stepped forward to show himself, and then genuflected before their new sovereign, a squalling infant, red faced infant with drool upon his chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caterina Sforza View Post
    ''You are right, this innocent boy needs his mother still''

Eleanor said to De Vere, besides suicide is a sin, those who commit suicide were destined to burn in hell. Now she supposed they would need to think about the future, Eleanor herself felt a desire to return home to her siblings but what would happen to the baby boy?, what would happen to her?, if that Yorkist king was anything like her father then she was sure they would be quietly disposed of if she returned.

''I don't know what our future is and it scares me.''
    Eleanor had no appetite to stay in perpetual exile forever, she just wanted to live in peace with her son and see her siblings again, to leave failures behind. But then again is running away from failures not cowardly?
    "I do not know either, my lady." De Vere replied, his tone one of grim honesty. "But I do know one thing: attempting to pursue the English crown once more is not a plausible or sensible plan, in the short to medium term at the least - of that I am certain. Nonetheless, whatever you decide, I shall follow to the best of my ability."

Quote Originally Posted by Caterina Sforza View Post
    ''Hmm, oh, sure, i will move my household to some appartment in Rouen then''

Said Eleanor with a brief nod, she liked the man alot now, he had been always been kind to her.

''Thank you, My lord, Thank you for everything'' Eleanor curtsied from gratitude, she was emotional still. Almost in tears
    Buckingham hesitated and then raised a hand before she could leave. He dismissed everyone else, however, leaving the two of them alone - not even Sir Knyvet was in attendance.

"Madame, are you sure of this? His Grace does not know of your son's birth yet."

He looked pained, knowing full well this may cause his mission to fail, but he could not ignore this..

"He will learn of your child eventually, but his heritage which may deprive him of a future can be obscured and forgotten."

''What would you do then, lord Buckingham?''

Asked Eleanor, perhaps seeing the point of Buckingham. She realized this child would be always a threat to the York regime, some mongrels would even want her baby death probably.

''Or wait, i might have an idea...'' Said Eleanor, her hands scratching the edge of the table nervously, it was an idea that suddenly sprang to mind.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; September 07, 2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Which is...?" he encouraged her to explain..

''My son, he will be always a threat to York i realize, perhaps we should have him be known as Somerset's posthumous son to disguise his heritage''

Said Eleanor, poor boy, poor boy!
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Buckingham was apprehensive. "And who knows you carried a child? It will be hard to keep this down, my lady."

He hesitated. What was he doing? Why was he doing it? "Perhaps you must claim that the child has died.."

''What?!, i declare my blood own child dead?!''

Said Eleanor angered by this suggestion, how could a mother declare her own child dead? That was something she clearly not could take lightly.

''What would happen to the child if i would declare such a horrible thing?'
    ' How cruel of Stafford to propose this to a mother, her own child..
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"It will be hard to hide that you were with child, my lady," Harry tried to explain patiently, "thus it would be more plausible and convincing if it is claimed that your newborn did not survive. Then, as you say, it shall be claimed he is a Beaufort, a separate child of coincidence."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567