Thread: What can we do with the things we're able to edit?

Default What can we do with the things we're able to edit?

I know we don't have access to all the graphics yet meshes and what not. But can we change unit cards ect..

I made the Scot's guard available to the Scots and put in it the last tier archery building after adding that to the Scots. The problem is I get the default unit card you know the black peasant one. This leaves me with a few questions.

1: What do I need to do to make the unit use the French unit card?
    2: What do I need to edit unit cards?
    3: How do I edit the unit card?
    4: How/Where do I edit unit descriptions in MTW2?

I would appreciate any information available. I welcome links to relevant information even if it's from RTW modding info, as long as it is relevant and still the same.

Default Re: What can we do with the things we're able to edit?

You need to copy the relevant tga's from the unit_info and unit /France folders and add them to /Scotland, that will add the picture to your unit cards and the unit icons.

I can't find the folder can you give me the path?

If you've unpacked everything you'll find them in:

Data\UI\Units
    Data\UI\Unit_Info

In both those folders are folders for each country you just copy the tga's out of the country they're from originally and paste them to the country you want.

I used the unpack all, but I didn't see the UI folder. Ill try re-unpacking and see if it pops up.

/Edit Okay that did it. I have like 5Xs the folders now. I don't know what I did wrong the first time.

//Edit yeah now I need to know how to edit the discriptions!! lol

///Edit seems I didn't put the Scots Guards skins where the Scots could use them. They all look like they are made of mercury. What do I do?
    Last edited by Mr_Breeze; December 31, 2006 at 04:32 AM.

I'm pretty sure the descriptions are tucked away in one of those string.bin files which i haven't had the nerve to go near yet.

Did you change the references in the battle_models.modeldb to allow the Scots to use the model as well? If not that might be your problem.

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Jams79 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the descriptions are tucked away in one of those string.bin files which i haven't had the nerve to go near yet.

Did you change the references in the battle_models.modeldb to allow the Scots to use the model as well? If not that might be your problem.
    If you do enough searching around for the right tools most of those STRING files can be converted to texts.

"I am ronin because I serve no master.

The set of principles that denote absolute justice require no
    subordinates.
    I am a warrior of justice."
    ~ Ronin

Just did that last night. Now all I need to do is edit the discriptions, and change the skin the unit uses.