Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Kings, But It's Five Kings Instead [British Isles Kingdoms HS]

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Four Kings, But It's Five Kings Instead [British Isles Kingdoms HS]

Could you, and by extension other players, tell me these two things:

- When you play a single player campaign, do cavalry and artillery have as many troops in their units as infantry do (=150 on huge)?
    - Did you ever unpack your installation of M2TW?

Default Re: The Four Kings, But It's Five Kings Instead [British Isles Kingdoms HS]

No. My units has normal size ( infantry 150/120 and cavalery 60). I don't understand what do you mean in your second question.

Last time I checked in a single player all units had 150 soldiers
    Last edited by ★RedStar★; August 23, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

offtopic

I've already said that a few pages ago. Change the HS name. The Four Kings is already "TFK". Just name it "British Kings" or whatever.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Let's make it T5K, then?

EDIT: I think Mergor and I fixed the mod. He will be uploading the (hopefully) final correct mod soon, stand-alone, all-in-one, no installation troubles
    Last edited by ArBo; August 23, 2017 at 08:48 AM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Errichto View Post
    offtopic

I've already said that a few pages ago. Change the HS name. The Four Kings is already "TFK". Just name it "British Kings" or whatever.
    shouldn't matter since there are different factions in both hotseats.

@cptNorway - It isn't only about save names. "you're up in TFK", "can you sub me in TFK?", "do you want an alliance in TFK?"

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Attention everyone! (ohh please let this be the last one....)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yndybKc5a_RXE2YU1jMXc1d3c

The last version of this mod, every single problem should be eradicated. The starting save is included within the "saves" folder.

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL:
    1. In your M2TW folder, delete "british_isles" in your "mods" folder.
    2: Unpack the RAR file.
    3: Copy paste the unpacked "british_isles" into your "mods" folder.
    4: Check if the included save (WFK_England_1) works for you, if it does, everything is good (finally)
    5: Enjoy the HS

Quote Originally Posted by Errichto View Post
    @cptNorway - It isn't only about save names. "you're up in TFK", "can you sub me in TFK?", "do you want an alliance in TFK?"
    I usually send links about your two first examples, ask them what hotseat they mean on the third?

ArBo's Avatar Senator

There's something I just realised about the rules. As they're copied from an SS HS, they don't mention ballistas and what you can assault with them.
    So can they only assault wooden walls, or all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by ArBo View Post
    There's something I just realised about the rules. As they're copied from an SS HS, they don't mention ballistas and what you can assault with them.
    So can they only assault wooden walls, or all of them?
    I would say all, but I'm not that familiar with the mod.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

I'd prefer ballistas for wooden walls, catapults for forts/stone walls. It'll make the game more strategic, add value to our starting catapults, and lengthen the campaign a bit. I don't have a strong opinion on it though.

I actually do agree with both ArBo and cowcow. Saleska suggested it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    I actually do agree with both ArBo and cowcow. Saleska suggested it too.
    ArBo just asked, he did not state which he prefers
    but it is common in some hotseats and we can implement the rule here

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I don't really have much of a preference, but let's do wooden walls only. Otherwise no one will ever recruit catapults anyway.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

i'm just waiting for england to have to redo their turn

ArBo's Avatar Senator

You seem to have little confidence in Mergor and my modding skills Basically, I think the problems arose from some unpacked files (which are normally not there, but in the data.pack file in the /pack map). Since some people have unpacked their base game and some haven't, this might have caused problems where the mods behaved differently, despite them being identical due to Mergor's upload here. What we did was basically delete all of the redundant files and folders, so that what remains is the standard, packed british_isles with some changes to files that are accessible whether or not you unpacked.

In a nutshell, modding kingdoms expansion is hell. I mean, what do you do when you did nothing wrong, but the mod STILL doesn't work?

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Do we have to delete our British_isles can't we just rename it and it will still work