Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Kings, But It's Five Kings Instead [British Isles Kingdoms HS]

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: The Four Kings, But It's Five Kings Instead [British Isles Kingdoms HS]

Rebels objective is to stand on roads, hide and gather forces, then harass (any) armies. Rebels don't take part in wars, they have no allies just enemies, but if a town riots, they'll try to capture it. Rebels are a pain in the ass, not just plain ass

(In a nutshell: I won't be able to win as rebels and I won't even try to take over anything without it's settlers rioting. I'll be just an extra, so it's more realistic. )
    Last edited by Mergor; August 21, 2017 at 09:42 AM.

Default Re: The Four Kings, But It's Five Kings Instead [British Isles Kingdoms HS]

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    If we are considering this possibility, then let me do some very meagre changes to the rebels. For example up that 500 kings purse because it's a joke, and give 3-4 forts and 1-2 generals to them. I'd be still at a huge disadvatage because one loss and my forces melt away. If you let me play the Rebels, then I'll play "regionaly and logically". So a stack from Ireland won't go and harass Oxford, and I won't try to win the game, just harass. I'd even get to make some free RP
    Do note that more rebels will spawn if someone defeats rebels. Not sure if it works the same in HS but still. Imo you should be co-admin then tho, you can always add money that way.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Rebels objective is to stand on roads, hide and gather forces, then harass (any) armies. Rebels don't take part in wars, they have no allies just enemies, but if a town riots, they'll try to capture it. Rebels are a pain in the ass, not just plain ass

(In a nutshell: I won't be able to win as rebels and I won't even try to take over anything without it's settlers rioting. I'll be just an extra, so it's more realistic. )

maybe toggle the fow off and, if you have no immediate objective, gravitate towards the unhappiest nearby settlement's region and start causing trouble there. if the stack starts to get big maybe go step on some ports with a spare few men

maybe a few heretics to spice things up

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Rebels do spawn even in hotseating the only difference is, that the one, who plays rebels can't use the spawned armies, because they spawn after he ends his turn.
    You can change the spawn rate in descr_strat at the beginning with the brigand_spawn_value. The other is for the pirate ships. The higher the numbers, the less chance they spawn every turn.
    The only difference that rebels can't make siege engines, like catapult, trebuchet, unless someone gives them the ability.
    Toggling fow off doesn't show you the unhappiness of a city, the rebels would need spies for that to see.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

I'll be experimenting with rebel spawn rates, fixing barons alliance bug(hope so), and remove all scripts which will make the game broken. (Basically, you won't get reinforcements and Norway stacks with elite troops on ships) I'll be done in the evening so we can also start in the evening.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Mergor are we allowed to bribe you to attack other factions ehh.

I'll be experimenting with rebel spawn rates, fixing barons alliance bug(hope so), and remove all scripts which will make the game broken. (Basically, you won't get reinforcements and Norway stacks with elite troops on ships) I'll be done in the evening so we can also start in the evening.
    It seems like this version doesnt have fully updated campaign_script. I believe I alrdy deleted some of the reinforcements but we might aswell delete it as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    Mergor are we allowed to bribe you to attack other factions ehh.
    i think those are called mercenaries, not rebels lol

I am strongly against this idea, it is simply pointless.
    If we are considering involving rebel faction the only meaningful goal of their existence can be to fight on the side of their parent faction. For example, English rebels will appear in the original English regions if those regions are controlled by another faction and will fight to free the region.
    The same thing is with other factions, for example, in the original Irish provinces there will be rebels/liberators if these provinces are under the control of English or any other faction.
    But this must be used very restrictively.
    Of course, we can discuss the conditions that must be met in order for rebels to react in such a way. For example, the existence of a faction is threatened or the faction has only two or three regions left or the public order is not so great or all of that...
    In this way, each player can predict what to expect if he pushes the other faction too hard. I have no interest in fighting off random groups of rebels who jump out of the wood for no reason

Remember that you can do a 6-player game and open the next small one soon. And there will be warhammer soon (I'm not interested though). I'm just saying you don't have to do changes in the mod now.

We are in the process of discussing what rebels should do and should not, but why would those be pointless? IRL Rebels harassed supply wagons and smaller forces, and rulers often had to put down rebellions when the rebelling forces and the kings forces met in open battle. It's not like the rebels are too strong. I tested it, and even if the spawn rate is doubled (And it will be, or it is pointless because of the opposite of the reason you said), I'll hardly have any real armies, most of the time nothing spawns at the start of the turn and I can't even move those units until my turn comes. You can see what I have before I do especially because they often spawn near towns, and busy places, and once you defeat it, you wipe it, no retreat for rebels.

Rebels in game will be exactly as expected in real life: Hardly a threat in the short term, but growing more and more terrifying if neglected. My objective will be to try to hide those armies which have spawned, gather forces until I have enough to move in the open, block roads so you loose movement points and equally make everyone's life harder.

So lets set some basics rules, and tell me your opinions:
    - Rebels can't win the game.
    - Rebels don't attack anything unless they have 600 men ( 4 units ) in their army
    - In peace, rebels can only siege settlements the same turn when the settlement is rioting. If the settlement is besieged, rebels don't need rioting to take it.
    - In war, rebels can do the same as in peace, but can take settlements which were originally their parent faction's, but were taken from them through conquest.
    - Rebels won't give back taken settlements, they'll defend them.
    - Rebels can only help each other if they are in the same region. (England; Wales; Ireland; Scotland; The Isles)

Ohh and Errichto, I wish to play here because of the players, not the setting.
    If someone leaves, I'm happy to play a real faction, not rebels, but I volunteered not to, so you can. Veto my idea, and I won't try to spoil anyone's game.
    Last edited by Mergor; August 21, 2017 at 01:59 PM.

I like the idea i just hope we start soon and preferably if you guys have an issue with this then you should join the second one and not this.
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; August 21, 2017 at 02:34 PM.

This game is very complex, we already have too many things to deal with and I think it's too much to add side things such as rebels. What is the point of playing with rebels if you cannot win? They will only frustrate all other players because the player has no real interest in fighting them plus they will be unpredictable.
    I am against the idea that their only purpose is to frustrate other players and weaken them. I just think we can think of a better way.. maybe include some events and make things more interesting. The game is challenging enough.

In this case, I won't be participating in this HS. I alredy gave up my place before so that everyone else can play. So if you don't want the rebels, I won't force it on the HS.

You copy these files into mods\british_isles
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...3BXdXh2cjRzakU

I done the map with or without the rebels. Its currently without the rebels, but I included the descr_strat with rebels if I done it anyway.
    I cleaned up the map so no empty forts, no villages, everyone has catapults, shps which are in ports, no scripts, but the norwegian king is not off map. No one turn peace required in this HS. It's ready for starting.
    I also included a shortcut, config file and .bat file so you can open it even if you lost/dont have the original shortcut.
    Last edited by Mergor; August 21, 2017 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks for the help Mergor i will make sure if anybody drops out this hot seat and you will be the first one i notify if you wish to be the replacement.

All right then, I really want to play in this but if Potato also really wants his place, I'll step back for you Mergor, I think you have a priority among us.

Nah, these kind of HS-s are only good from turn one. I guess I'll be a co-admin if captainnorway has no problems with that. RedStar you don't need to. Errichto alredy stepped back, so we needed only one, that was me.
    By the way had to randomise only once so only sal has it's second pick
    cowcow: Norway
    ArBo: Baron's Alliance
    RedStar: Ireland
    LordPureLegacy: Wales
    Potatoto: England
    saleska2: Scotland

was introducing a 7th faction off the table?

Ya boiii got the Wales ya boiiis better watch out.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Thanks for giving up your place Mergor. A shame I won't be able to whopp your ass in this hotseat