Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: The Four Kings 2

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Default Discussion: The Four Kings 2

This thread is for discussion on the settings for another hotseat like this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...seat-Campaigns

A few options have been proposed:

- Britannia map (possibly with Sal's mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...es-amp-Submods)
    - A version of CCM2's Iberia map modded by Mergor and me
    - A version of the Teutonic map used in the first The Four Kings, probably with changed unit stats for TO
    - A version of the Crusades map

Let me hear your thoughts guys. Captainnorway has volunteered to be admin, we only need a map and some players.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Default Re: Discussion: The Four Kings 2

I want to burn something soooooo Last Kingdom or nothing

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I remember playing Last Kingdom in single player a long time ago, it was fun but has it ever been tried for HS's before? I feel like for these rules we need a nice and quick map, so something largely vanilla (Retrofit).

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i would love to play the last kingdom mod. play, not admin

I have a 2v2 scenario for the CCM2 Iberia map, its quite basic but was effective. Nothing too special tho.

I saw The Last Kingdom was mentioned so ill leave this here.. I have a patch for TLK. Its gonna need more work but I found out that its just crazy hard to balance. Unit stats are balanced already but the main problem comes with settlements. England, especially southern England has alot of good settlements but mostly just alot. Meanwhile Scandinavia barely has any, kind of screwing up the balance by quite a bit. To show you what I mean:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also have some huge mods with Broken Crescent and falcom total war(Entire world from America to Australia HS) but those are probably too big

Picture of Britannia:
    Last edited by saleska2; August 20, 2017 at 10:18 AM.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

My vote is towards Iberia or Britannia. I'm not really into TLK, I tried it in singleplayer, didn't really work for me.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

TLK seems like more of a long-term plan than short-term, while the Iberia map for example is a small map, and could be ready for starting today.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

i reeeally like the idea of an england map with tons of settlements + the surrounding areas

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Last Kingdom needs a great amount of overhaul economy wise and maybe some unit balance. It is also a long term one, unless we restrict the map like in SS.

I am talking with Sal right now about another possibility. It is Britannia but with a different layout of the map

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Would like to point out that there is also the battleaxe version of Britannia that has France in it (does need some fixing in terms of regions tho)

You want to make just 4 factions playable and rest leave to npc? What is the point of this if we have so much players who would like to join HS? Or perhaps I just misunderstand somethink? Correct me if I'm wrong.

PS If we would get enough players to fill any factions then playing Falcon Total War would be truly epic

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I know Battleaxe, but it doesn't seem like much of an improvement over Britannia in terms of balance. Dragon's map seemed nice, you could perhaps even allow manual battles against rebels to speed things up.

my interest is in an England-centric map, but more than anything I'd prefer a balanced hotseat

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    You want to make just 4 factions playable and rest leave to npc? What is the point of this if we have so much players who would like to join HS? Or perhaps I just misunderstand somethink? Correct me if I'm wrong.

PS If we would get enough players to fill any factions then playing Falcon Total War would be truly epic
    We have upcoming HotSeats alrdy. Westeros has a new mod release soon and there is also a warhammer HS coming. Cant spam too much atm. Also the plan is to have a HS with up to 6 factions so it will run smooth and we have a guarenteed admin.

If there really is a crazyload of people I can always use Broken Crescent(8 players):

Or falcom total war(to those who played the previous one, yes, most issues, including slow loading screen have been fixed) - 13 players

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I vote on the Britannia map that saleska showed with Norwegian settlements such as oslo.

falcom looks epic. how many settlements are in russia?

ArBo's Avatar Senator

The Last Kingdom doesn't seem feasible for this to me tbh. Perhaps in future, but we first need a balanced map and it takes way more than the 6 players we set as maximum here.

Quote Originally Posted by cowcow View Post
    falcom looks epic. how many settlements are in russia?
    About 80% of Russia is 1 settlement. Sadly there is a limit to the amount of settlements allowed in m2tw. Same goes for Australia. The limit is hardcoded so cant fix that :\ There still are plenty of regions tho, ill upload pics in a sec.

Some pics of Falcomtw3 (non-hotfixed version but 90% is the same as this)

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

It seems like Iberia is out of the question, but a lot of people want Britannia. The other HS-s need more people, so I think we should separate the two and make plans for a bigger and a small one. But as for the small one, I think we decided on Britannia? If so, then we only need to decide what the map will be. I'll be talking to Dragon and others about this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast