Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussion: The Four Kings 2

Default Re: Discussion: The Four Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by ArBo View Post
    And are we using the rules from The Four Kings?
    Gonna have to look into agents tho as I dont believe this version was built around that. Might not allow agent actions. Everything else will probably be the same(except for surrounding troops to defeat the whole stack)

Quote Originally Posted by Errichto View Post
    I can finally edit my posts! LPL, with choosing factions you can take one that you don't know at all. You can always make your choice random from remaining factions I think that choosing is much better.
    Benefit of randomized factions is that nobody can prepare with for example teaming up. Its also more interesting for people who dont know which faction to choose or dont mind I like it every now and then.
    Last edited by saleska2; August 20, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

I think at least one hs should use standard rules.

and who will start the threads? If I start them I will be able to edit them.

so one hs uses Sals Brexit Isles mod, what do we want to use for the second?

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Ah, right, 6 players even. That only worsens the problem though.

I'm in favour of the surrounding as well, I'm interested to see how it works out. I suggest the matter goes to a vote in the individual hotseats.

EDIT: I guess you can make a thread captainnorway, as the admin it'll be good for you to have access to the OP

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Maybe we could determine factions using the meathod I used in AoR. Everyone writes 3 factions in order of their desire to play them, then factions will be randomly selected beetwen players who want them.
    For example: I want England the most, then Norway, then Wales. 2 Other people want england as their most wanted faction. We randomise who gets England. Those who didn't win get their second choice or if someone wants it we randomise beetwen the players again who choose it as second faction. Simpler than it sounds, and everyone would be happy

I think one should have normal rules. These forts don't dissapear, we definetly need a rule to prevent abusing it.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

is there a spot open in the britain mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Maybe we could determine factions using the meathod I used in AoR. Everyone writes 3 factions in order of their desire to play them, then factions will be randomly selected beetwen players who want them.
    For example: I want England the most, then Norway, then Wales. 2 Other people want england as their most wanted faction. We randomise who gets England. Those who didn't win get their second choice or if someone wants it we randomise beetwen the players again who choose it as second faction. Simpler than it sounds, and everyone would be happy

I think one should have normal rules. These forts don't dissapear, we definetly need a rule to prevent abusing it.
    I doubt we will have much trouble by letting each player decide tbh. Randomizing is just an option players sometimes like.

The HS im playing in will have normal rules for sure, I have no interest in playing with new exploits.

Currently modding. I am also hotfixing Wales and will be looking at all factions. will be done asap.

I have no interest in playing with new exploits.
    new tactics*

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...kFLUml6VTNlS2c

Alright, this is the new file. Changed quite a bit for every faction. Should be able to play with agents now. Please look it through to make sure.

I guess the 1st HS can be hosted now. Standard rules with artillery allowed(tho maybe wanna restrict it so only catapults can assault walls and balista only wooden walls). and we can probably allow agents aswell.

I think factions can be chosen the way Mergor proposed.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Thank you Sal.

Looks good. Although I have one thing to ask, please make a basics family tree (wife, one heir) for the baron's alliance. If they adopt someone, the new guy doesn't become the faction heir. Family trees are really buggy, and could cause a lot of problems if it's half done.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Quick question: why do Norway and the Baron's Alliance not have any catapults, while the other factions do? This puts them at a severe disadvantage, especially since they can't recruit any.

Quote Originally Posted by ArBo View Post
    Quick question: why do Norway and the Baron's Alliance not have any catapults, while the other factions do? This puts them at a severe disadvantage, especially since they can't recruit any.
    Ehh, no idea. Thought I gave every faction catapults, should be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Looks good. Although I have one thing to ask, please make a basics family tree (wife, one heir) for the baron's alliance. If they adopt someone, the new guy doesn't become the faction heir. Family trees are really buggy, and could cause a lot of problems if it's half done.
    Hmm, was pretty sure I'd done that before but I came accross some weird things already so its not unrealistic I have been using some different files...

Asked Mergor if he can do it atm as I dont have time left to mod for tonight
    Last edited by saleska2; August 20, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

Will do those two things

Done. https://www.sendspace.com/file/v3t1ay
    You put the text file to mods\british_isles\data\world\campaing\imperial_campaing
    Guess saleska will upload the whole "data" again tho when the thread is made.
    I also wanted to change the basics nobles to historical characters into the mod, however I simply don't have the resources to do that right know. :c If for whatever reason we don't start tomorrow, I'll do it, otherwise it's just details.

PS: ArBo, norway did have some catapults. You just didn't see them

ArBo's Avatar Senator

So I get half a point for that catch, ey? I'll take it

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Thread is up http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15388691
    discussions regarding that hs should now take place there instead of here

also first time staring a hotseat thread so be nice

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

So do you guys still want to use this for discussion or can I archive it and you guys move into valhalla for further discussions?

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123