Thread: New Attila total war features

Default New Attila total war features

So CA have announced some time ago that they are working on a new expansion for one of the Historical total wars. I would assume that this game would come out for Attila since it is the newest one. That said here are a list of potential features that I would like to see if the expansion is for Attila.

Features that I think could more easily be implemented

1) Allow diplomatic options for combining your client state into your empire. I almost never make client states because I know that eventually I am going to want their province fully integrated into my empire. To balance this proposed feature, there could be a chance that anytime you ask the client state faction to merge with yours they will break the client state treaty with you as they feel that your faction's influence is overreaching into theirs and want their independence. The chance of having an unsuccessful merger could be influenced by how much they like you and how much of your cultural is in their occupied cities. So the more they like you and the higher % of your culture they have the more likely they are to accept a merger.

2) New emergent factions coming into existence in devastated regions. Adding this feature would add a number of things to the game. For one a region of earth would never just be abandoned forever until a new strong faction came back to resettle it. Whoever was left or other outside people would come to these lands and eventually create a new government in that area. Currently only rich factions secure in their positions really resettle settlements It could work that after 10 or 15 turns of a settlement being devastated, a new faction emerges and the settlement there is level 1 with no initial building slots simulating that they just came into existence. So they would be for sure weak but have the opportunity to grow into something stronger in the wake of whatever horde just came devastating through their lands. This would make the game more dynamic. For a non horde faction you would actually have to go back and conquer lost lands instead of just moving armies into devastated cities and doing the process of resettling every single one. You abandoned those lands and they will not just wait for you to come back.

3) The third feature I would like to see added that will most likely never exist is a population/manpower mechanic that is in the Rome 2 mod DEI and will be in the Attila mod Ancient empires. Links for both down below. I have played the DEI for about 150 turns and the population mechanic in my eyes is a game changer. It add a ton of immersion as you get to see your cities grow in golden ages of peace or diminish in costly wars. Also it adds a new layer of game play where you cannot endlessly spam armies at objectives as losing soldiers is a big deal since you do not have an unlimited pool of people . It also affects region economics in a very nice way where higher populated cities will get buffs like +15% region wealth and more sparsely populated cities will have buffs like -10% region wealth which simulates that a larger population can generally produce more GDP than smaller populations.

links
    Rome 2 DEI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ple-of-Rome-2-(P-)

Ancient empires
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-by-Hardballer

Let me know what you think about the above features and add any features that you would like to see added in the most likely Attila expansion

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New Attila total war features

1) We already got it as in the form of the confederation option since rome 2.
    3) CA wont do that.The CAI ever since Rome 1 didnt managed it well when you play vs CAI without cheats.
    2) I dont like it for multiple reasons - people already hate the hundreds of fresh hunnic armies respawning.If the problem is thr desolation better code the Ai to take those desolate regions more.

Изпратено от моят GT-I9301I с помощта на Tapatalk