Thread: Making cavalry charge more powerful

Default Making cavalry charge more powerful

I really liked how cavalry charges looked in Medieval 2 TW: if you pull off a good charge, the cavalry just rolls over about half of the models from enemy unit as they fall dead. This is how it looks (around 1 minute mark).

In Rome 2 TW I could do it by simply changing impact damage rules in _kv_rules_tables, increasing collision_damage_maximum to 10000 and collision_damage_modifier to 60.

Now, how can I make that happen in Warhammer TW? I tried doing the same thing about impact rules, but cavalry deals the same amount of damage! I also tried increasing their charge bonus, but that just gives them melee stats for fighting after they charged, not in the moment of impact. What can I do?

Default Re: Making cavalry charge more powerful

There is a "collision_damage_Normaliser" in the Kv rules table, this number is an "exponent", so the collision damage is "to the power of the collision damage normaliser". In vanilla settings, this number is 0.7. Using an exponent of less than "1" drastically reduces the number, lets say you took 10000 to the power of ^0.7 you get 630 which is a lot smaller! This might be happening to your numbers! If you change it to 1, then your number will stay the same instead, if you increase it beyond 1, the damage will increase dramatically.

Also there's collision_damage_default, try setting that really high. I think that decides the initial number used to work out how much damage is done, i think...

Good luck!