Thread: It's humiliating to Struggle in the process of creating a simpler version of an already existent settlement

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default It's humiliating to Struggle in the process of creating a simpler version of an already existent settlement

Hey! Hello there! You may have seen me making some noobs questions regarding Rivendell/IWTE and just Battle Map Creation in general...

Well i'm not making this thread for that tho

I just wanted to express how freaking mindblowing -and humiliating- is to think that people achieved this well regarded mod and for that fact any mod in general.

Just playing and failing around with the IWTE and Milkshape, getting frustrated with the lack of success made me think, realize and actually value this whole thing. If i'm struggling with such an easy task, with SO many resources and tutorials available... I can't even Imagine how hard must have been to create such a big scale recreation of Middle Earth back in the day.

I know it means little to write this now with the mod being technically dead and less than few members and collaborators of the old team that still hang around (thanks guys) but i still wanted to show and express how i feel right now for some reason.
    And if you're just an external modder.. Just kudos to you and you're splendid work
    I've just now realized how difficult and troublesome your hobby is! Sometime ago i had a completely different notion of modding, thinking how "easy" must it be(That's the idea you get after getting an engine handed to you by Bethesda )

Just thinking this i still want to overcome my problems with visual development and get some content out! Every time i get frustrated i just think of what i've described here and keep going on!

So once again, this may be cringeworthy but still, thanks to every member that hangs around here! Whether it be Helping noobs like me, Making new awesome content or just participate in the smallest way possible, thank you!

Yours truly, just another noob seeking for help.

Cheers!

PS: I'm a spanish speaker! So my apologies for any Grammatical Nightmares in the text Corrections are very much appreciated!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: It's humiliating to Struggle in the process of creating a simpler version of an already existent settlement

I once almost managed to create a cube in milkshape, so yeah there's that. The work that went into these settlements is simply amazing, and a lot of players dont realise that while playing. :p
    So yeh, gud job to the creators!

Default Re: It's humiliating to Struggle in the process of creating a simpler version of an already existent settlement

The team delivered a stunning work.