Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS} A Dream of Spring III (ENDED)

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [HS} A Dream of Spring III

Talk about speed, dont mess it up narsil

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm downloading it now…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Had to wait on Admin to do something he forgot last turn. Tully ship sunk. Boltons Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/adosiiibolton4
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

Apologize, was off for a day, will take care of this tonight (next 5 hours)

"Off to the Reach to see the fair maid, heigh-ho, heigh-ho." Ser Harras muttered a song to himself as he rode. He was sore and tired when he spied an inn ahead, a tall, daub-and-timber building beside a small stream. The warm yellow lights spilling from the windows looked too inviting to ignore and he found himself unable to pass up the chance for a brief rest. "I have the coin," The Knight told himself. "and this is as good a place as any..."

At this hour he would have expected the inn to be crowed, but the common room was almost empty. A young lordling in fine damask mantle was passed out at one table, snorting softly into a pool of spilled wine. Otherwise there was no one. Harras looked around uncertainly until a stout, short, whey-faced women emerged from the kitchens and said, "Sit where you like Sers." She eyed Harras and the two men that flanked him in silence. "Is it ale you want, or food?"

"Both." Harras took a chair by the window, well away from the sleeping drunk.

"There's good lamb, roasted with crust of herbs, and some ducks my son shot down. Which will you have?"

He'd eaten before they left King's Landing, but Harras had always liked lamb. "The lamb."

The women smiled. "Will you be wanting a room for the night as well?"

"No." He'd consider it any other night, a soft mattress and a roof over his head had it's appeal, not to mention the innkeep's daughter if the way she was glancing at him was anything to go by, but he could ill afford to delay. Not to mention, the Tyrell girl couldn't be allowed to get too far from his sight... "Some food, some ale, and it's off south for us love." Harras offered his most charming of smiles.

He continued, not wanting to seem suspicious. "How much further to Tumbleton?"

"A day's ride." She replied. "Head west when the road forks at the burned mill. Is my boy seeing to your horses, or has he run off again?"

"No, he's there," said one of uninterested his men. He was eyeing the innkeepers daughter with about as much subtly as you'd expect.

"Half the town's gone to war." The women kept talking. "My own son would too, if he were older." She sighed. "He'll have this inn when I go, but the boy would sooner swagger about with soldiers, and my girl turns to sighs and giggles every time a knight rides by. I swear I couldn't tell you why. Knights are built the same as other men." She eyed Harras curiously; his fine valyrian sword told her one thing while the crude attire told her another. "You heading off to the war yourself?"

He took a sip of the ale before he answered. A nut-brown color it was, and thick on the tongue, he'd known worse ales back on the Isles. "Aye," he he supposed that was true. "I heard the lords are gathering." In a moment he decided that some local insight couldn't hurt, as news and rumor burned like wildfire. "Have you heard anything?"

"I've heard the young King Tommen's bending to that Dragon in the east," She said in a hushed whisper. "but that's none of my concern..."

That was news. The boy king risked much with such desperate tactics, but he supposed one couldn't always afford to pick your allies.

"Whispers of the Mad Kraken too," the women kept talking. She hesitated as Harras raised a brow and his men stiffened but continued all the same. "about the young Tyrell heir being a guest of the Kraken. These times... seems nowhere is safe. Dragons to the east, Krakens to the west..."

Harras offered a bored nod to see the women off, more wary of their table from the looks his men gave her. Euron was mad, but few dared say it.

The lamb was good, surprising so, but not close to what his mother cooked him as a boy. The innkeep's daughter brought buttered peas as well, and oaten bread still hot from the oven. Harras had a second tankard of ale with the meal, a third to wash it down, and a forth because there was no one there to tell him he shouldn't.

"Ale tastes like dirt." One of his men commented with a scowl as he gulped down more of the thick ale-like substance.

Ser Harras rolled his eyes. "And yet you drink it still." They sat alone at a corner table in an inn, with a grand view of the exit and the small party of armed swords that entered. The innkeeper kept a nervous eye on these louder customers from behind the apparent safety of her bar.

"I'd eat horse if I were hungry enough." The man replied, emptying his cup of the dirt colored ale.

"Those will be trouble." Harras muttered, finishing his lamb. The bread in front of him remained uneaten as he focused on the newcomers.

"Your changing the subject Harlaw."

Harras ignored his companion, watching the men in question. They were the loud lot across the inn, under the watchful gaze of the innkeep who made great efforts to keep her daughter out of view. "We've delayed long enough," Harras declared with a quick swig from his own cup and made to leave...

"Some honey would've done the trick, really countered the bitter-"

"Enough!" Harras snapped at his friend.

The man held up his hands in mock surrender, moving to grab Harlaw's uneaten bread before leaving his seat. Harras got up from his seat steadily, making his way across the room the stench of booze grew ten fold; he'd smelt far worse. The innkeep eyed him cautiously as he strode towards the bar.

"For the meal." Harras held out a silver stag, putting on his charming smile.

She smiled and took the silver eagerly.

"And," He held a gold dragon between two fingers. "for the news."

She went wide-eyed as Harras laid the gold dragon in her palm, her eyes never leaving the gold.

Harras smiled, closing the women's hand around the coins in her palm as her daughter dropped a pitcher of ale.

*Crash*

The pitcher smashed and all eyes fell on the girl.

The next thing Harras heard was the sound of a drunkard with more drink then sense, storming over with naked steel and a wide smirk on his lips. This one certainly thought he was a genius. As the foolish drunk quickened his steps all Harras could do was look bored, frowning. This was clearly the Drowned God punishing him for paying the women in coin... although he doubted that was actually the case... it didn't change the fact that he couldn't seem to go anywhere without some idiot picking a fight they couldn't hope to win. This was why Harras didn't drink all that often, it clouded the mind and got men killed. He liked living.

Drowned God or no, he was surrounded by fools. Ah well. They'd make quick work of these fools and be back on the road soon...

Just some RP I meant to finish up for my last turn, figured I'd post it now rather than wait till next. Ser Harras continues his journey back home.

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

CS sent to potential Stannis replacement

https://i.gyazo.com/d5b6d11063265909...7f68802c2e.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/981fc91f004fefb9...58aff0aa18.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/0963b1faf9d769a2...04f868f0ba.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/888zp4unb3...ood_4.sav?dl=0

Asha saw Beric Glenmore's camp up ahead, though he'd hidden himself among the trees well enough that it wasn't until she was almost upon it. She couldn't be certain whether he'd seen her in turn, and wasn't about to chance a fight with ten times her number either way.

Thankfully, she had also come across a wandering company of sellswords coming down the road. With some quick backtracking and the promise of gold, they were at her command.

The Bolton men remained in their copse, evidently none the wiser. Raiding them would be easy, she thought, but with Rillwater Crossing to their back the mopup would be more difficult. Even with the sellswords, she did not have enough men for a siege.

Instead, Asha sent her crossbowmen forward to catch the enemy's attention and draw them out of their position, while she and the rest of her men circled around to the south, cutting off that avenue of retreat.

The northmen were thrown into disarray by her attack from behind and driven westward in their panic, away from the empty garrison of their keep. The advantage was hers to press.

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Last edited by saleska2; October 17, 2017 at 01:25 PM.

Matto16 is our new Martell, and Vpcm12 is our new Blackfyre!

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Tommen: http://www.filedropper.com/ados3tommen5

I will be keeping a close eye on each faction's fiances so don't think you can accumulate debt without repercussions.

Also, 1000 posts!!
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; October 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Martell

King Tommen is pleased to announce House Arynn returning to the royal fold, long may this alliance last.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cleared save sent to Martell

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen