Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS} A Dream of Spring III (ENDED)

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [HS} A Dream of Spring III

people (not naming names) thought I would be late https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5a...ew?usp=sharing

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Banefort, TheCrag, OldOak and Dunstonbury all taken in the name of King Euron 'the Epic' Greyjoy!

"Perhaps it should be you who kneels to me for blessing?"

Bolton is Up! - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...mUwSnVnRnh0eXc

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

My ADOS won't load my save, maybe i am missing a patch or something? When i load it up, it just crashes.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

That's not my turn

And here I was thinking I was early

this one should be the right one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...motUjIxbzY3eHM

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

It's finally happening! Cleganebowl is Coming, and it's gona be coool

"Man, born from the seven, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness — creatures of destruction — the creatures of sin - set their sights on man and all the sevens creations!" The mad septon spun his tale. "These forces clashed, and it seemed the unending darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void..." The man continued. A small crowed had gathered to listen to his story, long winded and strange as it was. Ser Harras thought these seven folk a queer lot; praying to stone idles and fat men with large purses. What gods needed coin? "However," the septon kept talking. "even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's faith, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to victory against the hordes of shadow!"

Yup. The man was nuts, although he seemed alone in that realization. The crowd had increased.

"Faith in hand, man lit their way through the darkness!" The man was waving his hands around casually, as if swatting at some fly that only he could see. "In the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, faith. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when the faithful are gone... darkness will return..."

Heh. That took a dark turn quickly, but he supposed fear was a good motivator. Perhaps there was some hope that yet lingered for these greenlan-

"The lords and kings may prepare their guardians and build monuments of their pride," the septon spoke with no small drip of malice. His voice oddly cold and grasping. "but take heed those of the faithful that remain among us... there will be no victory in sin! The time has come to repent our ways! The darkness is coming for us all!" It seemed best to leave this one to his ramblings...

Harras kept his hood up, hiding his features under the shroud. He was invited, truly he was, but he knew better than to trust the summons of these greenlander types. Saying nothing of the religious fanatics that could brand him a heretic at any moment. "Lovely people." He smirked under the hood, moving away from the ramblings of a mad man. The last words he heard from the septon was of the Wall and Ice and Death and who knew what else.

Walking through the crowd of some thousand strong he made his way to the great sept of Baelor, grand in it's scale, a thing of beauty that the drowned god would doubtless scoff at. "So this is what gods need coin for eh?" Harras smirked, greedy septons. In truth half of these ones seemed to wear rags while the other half unblemished steel freshly forged and untested. His own was lighter, and to be frankly he liked it that way. Cant kill what you cant hit. His own chest was plated with no ordinary steel either. His was of valyrian design, according to Euron at least, and any sane man knew better than to argue to that ones face. The mad crow called it valyrian steel? Harras bloody well believed it. In public at least. In practice? It seemed as good steel as any other, and light too.

The trial by seven, as the faith so inventively called it, was being held outside the steps of Baelor with a crowd of faithful onlookers (who most certainly were not there just to see a group of people cut each other to pieces) waiting eagerly for the trial to begin. Harras stood in the crowd, unnoticed and uncaring. He'd stay there too until he was certain this wasn't a trap. He'd no intention of dying and losing his family steel nor Lord Drumms either.

By the drowned god, that mans face was beyond hilarious...

"Give me that!" Euron had barked, a snarl on his lips as he grabbed Red Rain out from Lord Drumms hands.

"I-" Harras had been lost for words. Euron unclasped his armor and handed him it along with another houses blade. This was, needless to say, bloody odd.

"Take these," the King had commanded. "and go murder some people for me."

Euron left without explaining who exactly he wanted dead. He also failed to explain where those people were. It took some words the following morning where the King had laughed and claimed he'd completely forgotten the details; jumping into a long winded tale that vaguely explained his plans. "He's mad." Harras muttered to himself, standing in the crowd of impatient onlookers.

The plan was mad. None could say Harras was a liability, as nobody would believe the plan even if he felt like telling, such was the randomness to it all. Honestly? He wasn't sure if Euron Greyjoy was insane or a genius. Perhaps both? He was dangerous. That much he'd accepted. And so with that thought the Knight of Grey Garden sighed and waited for the trial. He might die here. The thought hadn't alluded him. He just didn't care. It would be a good fight.

Ser Harras waited. He waited and waited and waited some more. Would these seven gods hurry up already?

Just to be clear I will not be partaking in the Trial of Seven on any side if items are looted from dead/defeated champions. If this is the case, it'll be like Ser Harras was never there.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

People sent to represent in trials do not lose gear. Only captives / killed generals on the battlefield can be looted.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

From his vantage point overlooking the Water Gardens, Doran Martell looked at the children at play in the pool below. All around him, overripe blood oranges ominously fell from trees, giving off a sickly-sweet odor as they split open upon impact. While Doran watched, Dorne was angry — angry at the recent death of Oberyn Martell, angry at the murders of Elia Martell and her children at the end of Robert’s Rebellion
    . Doran Martell knew all this, and yet from all appearances, he did nothing.

The reality, though, could not have been more different. Doran Martell was doing something to avenge his lost loved ones, but the prince could not seek the immediate vengeance that his family and countrymen wanted. The Prince knew that if Dorne went to war against the Iron Throne, they would lose, and if they lost, it would be the children who would suffer.

However, events had finally shaped up to the point where Doran Martell felt that he had his chance to truly strike a blow for vengeance all the while avoiding deaths like those of his sister and her children so many years before. One of those he had sought vengeance for had returned, his nephew now of age and a true man had come to reclaim what he believed his. This turn of events had not been expected, it was however, not unwelcome. With the young Prince returned Doran had a true vessel with which to drive forward and put his, and Dorne’s, thirst for vengeance to a better cause.

Arianne had met her cousin on her father’s instructions and had informed Doran of her impressions of him, she was a guest at his court now and had refused Doran’s multiple requests for her to return to Dorne. She had always been stubborn, but perhaps it is good for her to spend some time away from Dorne. Once assured that Aegon Targaryen was who he claimed to be Doran could adapt his plans and make preparations for the future.

After only a short exchange with the boy and his advisors it was agreed that the spears of Dorne would back the returning Prince Aegon Targaryen and so Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne has been named Hand to his nephew. Previously Doran had avoided any political influence in the capital, despite many correspondences between his brother-in-law and himself many years ago where Prince Rhaegar had attempted to have Doran join his father’s council. Doran had always refused the Prince’s invitations, he knew of King Aerys’ madness and he did not believe he could be the difference maker in his already tainted reign. Perhaps he could’ve made a difference, perhaps he could’ve persuaded Aerys to show mercy to Lord Stark and his heir, perhaps Jon Arryn would not have called his banners in Robert’s name and perhaps Elia and sweet Rhaenys would not have been murdered. These thoughts had plagued Doran’s mind for some time after the end of Robert’s Rebellion, but Doran knew it did him no good to dwell on the past and what might’ve been.

Doran had decided to accept the position of Hand as a gesture of goodwill and remembrance of Prince Rhaegar, the King that Doran had intended to serve under once his reign began. Oh how close that time was before Rhaegar became distracted by prophecy and his reckless actions led to the downfall of his House, just as he was to restore the image of House Targaryen. What Rhaegar had planned would never come to pass and so is of no importance now, but in his son, Aegon, Rhaegar’s vision for a revitalised Westeros can come to pass and Doran will do all he can to see it through.

Save sent to Tommen.

In the future think carefully before requesting a trial by combat. There will be no changing your mind later.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; September 11, 2017 at 10:55 AM.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Martell. RP Later.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Won’t be able to play this tonight, had a busy day and this slipped my mind. Can play first thing tomorrow though if that’s ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Luume View Post
    Won’t be able to play this tonight, had a busy day and this slipped my mind. Can play first thing tomorrow though if that’s ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's fine.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius