Thread: Dwarves Campaign - Issues

Default Dwarves Campaign - Issues

So I recently installed the mod and began as the Dwarves on Hard/Hard (as it was my first playthrough). They started off so ridiculously poor. I'm now on turn 25 and all I've been doing is literally upgrading anything that'll boost my income. I've captured 2 rebel settlements with tiny populations that are next to impossible to increase and earn me almost no money. I don't have any money for troops. I've got my single spy and diplomat which is all I'm allowed and exploring the world I see the other factions with full stacks of infantry patrolling around and I can barely afford 2 units of infantry per settlement and a new money-making building every 3-4 turns. I've not met any trouble yet but it's surely just a matter of time when someone does come I won't be able to do a thing. And yes I'm trading with literally everyone I've met.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Dwarves Campaign - Issues

Other than throwing out this amazing guide i don't know what else i can do to help

Mmmm Since you are new to the mod you'll soon realize that every force of "Good" out there goes with the classic
    Quality over Quantity
    specially for Slow Factions like OP High Elves and Infantry Based Dwarves so it ends up being quite "normal" to have this kind of problem... Just get those roads and farms ready as quick as you can, set manual taxes as high as you can and you should be ready to go

While it is good that you arranged trading with everyone you've met, it is also very important to get Faraway factions too. Specially when you're kingdom is divided by mountains and your cities can reach more than 1 group of factions

One tip: Maintain those relations with the Mirkwood Elves high! It's easy to get in troubles with them when playing with Dwarves (War goes out soon when both factions are under AI control)

Quote Originally Posted by Maenor View Post
    Other than throwing out this amazing guide i don't know what else i can do to help

Mmmm Since you are new to the mod you'll soon realize that every force of "Good" out there goes with the classic specially for Slow Factions like OP High Elves and Infantry Based Dwarves so it ends up being quite "normal" to have this kind of problem... Just get those roads and farms ready as quick as you can, set manual taxes as high as you can and you should be ready to go

While it is good that you arranged trading with everyone you've met, it is also very important to get Faraway factions too. Specially when you're kingdom is divided by mountains and your cities can reach more than 1 group of factions

One tip: Maintain those relations with the Mirkwood Elves high! It's easy to get in troubles with them when playing with Dwarves (War goes out soon when both factions are under AI control)
    Yeah all I have access to are Dwarven Miners and Dwarven Warriors. I've not bothered pursuing avenues for better infantry as I can't afford basics as it is so I've just been focusing on roads, pig farms, trade centers, mines, literally anything that'll increase my income. Yeah I'm trading with almost everyone even 'evil' factions like Isengard, Mordor and Orcs etc. Only enemies I have are Hurad as they seem to be enemies with everyone and have about 8 stacks of infantry, everyone else has 2-3 half stacks and I have a basic garrison of 2 units in each settlement. I've retained the 'Elite' units I began the campaign with for emergencies and on the basis that I wouldn't be able to replace them for a long time. Maybe that was wrong though. Perhaps selling them would let me build more Dwarf Miners so I could spread myself a bit more thickly.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

How many generals do you have? if you can pull them together into a single stack, you will be able to beat many early-game armies. Just use a small, elite stack for conquering settlements.