Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Four Kings (Kingdoms Teutonic HS) [ENDED]

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: The Four Kings (Kingdoms Teutonic HS)

Denmark Up!https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing
    If this messes up kill me now.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

turn 4, Novgorod - https://ufile.io/i8v3k

Novgorod and denmark are allies from now on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hmhqu.../tfk_hre_4.sav turn 4 hre

Then we offer an alliance to HRE. LPL, do you accept?

Denmark Up!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing
    The GRE stays neutral for the time being while we decide.

The German King seems to change his mind very often.

You agreed for peace with Poland in this game. Peace doesn't mean hiding armies close to our border, in range of our settlement. Preparing armies to invade Poland, so neutral of you.

Also, I thought you like a fair 1v1 fight, and didn't want 2v1. But is 3v1 ok in your opinion?

Do you want to say anything, or should I assume you didn't care about our peace agreement, broke it and you're going to invade Poland?

Am I allowed to move units that were defeated by rebels in the previous turn?

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i'd say yes since no player will lose mp by being defeated by rebels

I'll try to finish on time but I might be late a few hours, sorry.

Technically not to be a jag but he should still not be able for it can give him more time to siege a settlement fast or simply reinforce a side or fort regardless how big or small the army was.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    Technically not to be a jag but he should still not be able for it can give him more time to siege a settlement fast or simply reinforce a side or fort regardless how big or small the army was.
    i do not think i understand what you mean

Any movement points that you can use greatly changes how future events would happen such as if a catapult got defeated by rebels that was needed for an ambush force to take a castle or somethin if it could move and still do that it would lead to the victory of a settlement. This is only an example i may have worded it wrong but just use it do think of different situations where it would deeply come into value.

i guess the question is, if retreating from a defeat by rebels doesn't consume mp, is it essentially giving you more mp? For example, if you were besieging a settlement, you would be limited to your movement range from that settlement. But if a rebel garrison defeated you, you would retreat to a different spot with all of your movement points, essentially allowing you more room to move.

I think that's what LPL is saying.

That is not exactly what i was saying but its a similar example what i am basically is any move point you have can change anything in a hot seat such as not having enough movement points not to disembark an army all i am saying is that if your not suppose to move originally because it was defeated then do not move it anyways was it a sally out that you failed?.

i dont see the problem. and you retreat to nearest home settlement/fort/ship. rebel settlements do not have a big garrison either in most cases so you would not lose with a big army either.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I've had myself deliberately defeated by rebels to some degree of success, but that had nothing to do with movement points, so it's not very relevant.
    The thing is, the logical continuation of the rule would be to not allow those defeated armies to move, and however stupid it sounds, it gives you an advantage against the rebels that wouldn't be there if the engine was programmed to not allow defeated armies to move.

I'm 10 hours late. Sorry for that, guys.

turn 5, Novgorod - https://ufile.io/gslur

Denmark, don't move: ship(s), a catapult that retreated to a city, a small stack that was besieging my settlement, a small stack that was in the North from my other settlement.

HRE, don't move a catapult that retreated to a city.

I will write a longer diplomacy post later, when I have time. In short - it's 1v3 now but I'm happy to make peace with anyone, please write to me.

----- (EDIT)

Maybe it isn't honorable but it is profitable to attack a faction that is already at war with someone. So we understand that HRE moved all their armies to our border, and even hid a catapult in trees. It's extremely dishonorable to do that after peacefully taking Postdam for free - still, it's profitable and thus reasonable.

The odd thing is that the German King doesn't want to admit he's going to a war with Poland. Preparing for all possibilities, he says. Just moving armies North, to a rebel settlement - while a catapult moved South-East. Leaving empty a settlement bordering with Danes. We told you not to keep big armies close to the border and you agreed, saying you will only build forts - do you remember? With all these evidence, the German King doesn't have the balls to admit the truth, and we despise you for that.

We won't wait till our cities are burnt and destroyed by your "neutral" forces. We're saying no (and a few other words) to your "staying neutral" and "deciding the next turn". You broke the peace by moving armies to our border, what you agreed not to do. So you have a war.

(LPL, please remember this is an in-game post and ofc. I don't want to hurt/offend you personally)

----- (EDIT2)

Someone pointed out my post isn't that well written in the context of the game, and it's a bit personal. And LPL told me he doesn't me to write like that in the forum. So I apologize. I will try to do it differently next time.
    Last edited by Errichto; August 31, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

I will be gone this weekend but Erric proposed an idea if everybody agreed that we will pause this hot seat until i come back i have talked to everyone but Celival and they said yes but if Celival disagrees then continue the hot seat.