Thread: No 'Settlements" folder

Default No 'Settlements" folder

I was going to install G5 Settlement Tweaks and I just noted that my main M2TW and expansions don't have the "settlements" folder in data, but mods do(SS, Rodg 1.6 ...)
    Is this normal? How am I supposed to install this mod? Just put the settlements folder there?
    Last edited by john_peter; August 15, 2017 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: No 'Settlements" folder

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    I was going to install G5 Settlement Tweaks and I just noted that my main M2TW and expansions don't have the "settlements" folder in data, but mods do(SS, Rodg 1.6 ...)
    Is this normal? How am I supposed to install this mod? Just put the settlements folder there?
    Have you unpacked your files?

An apple a day keeps the mongols away?

No, did it now, still no settlements folder on data folder ("Medieval II - Total War\data"). (you mean the unpackers on tools folder right?)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If unpack the main game and the campaigns you should always have a data\settlements folder. I doubt however that you need to unpack - simply install the G5 fix as per the installation instructions. If you use it for the main game you will however need a file_first entry in the CFG file - which leads to other problems. Simply install my Bare Geomod set up (which is the main game with multiple fixes and kingdoms abilities) and add the fix there, then play BG.

Thanks. However, I have a few mods installed, is that going to affect them? I am just going to install these files in the main M2TW folder, not in mods folder so maybe it should be alright.

EDIT: Still no settlements folder, not even on Bare Geomod folder. I mean, I can start it and it works, no crash on sieges or anything, the game runs fine, but no settlements folder yet.
    But no worry, I found the problem, "virtual store problem" to be exact, they were all there, "C:\Users\3green\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War\data"
    Thanks for the help, I didn't check it before because it said it was for Windows 7 and 8, I use 10, should have suspected of it...
    Last edited by john_peter; August 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Glad you got it fixed. As a rule of thumb: if you play a mod then files in the main game will only get used if they are not already present in the mod.